• MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Here is my daily! Check in

1/25
    👍 Tracked
    👍 Steps: 6081
    👎 Water. Oof, gotta get on that!

What exercise do you like to do on cold days?
    I have been doing the Walk at Home app videos with good results.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »

1/25
    👍 Tracked

I love walking early in the morning when it is cold ..I might be an odd one LOL
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    We have another new member joining us .... Please welcome @Outdoorsy_Canadian :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    We have another new member joining us .... Please welcome @Outdoorsy_Canadian :)

Well to the group! It is great to have another Canadian on the team!
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    lindamtuck2018 wrote: »

Last week of January challenge!

What have you done well this month?

Tracking calories - that habit tracking spreadsheet is the bomb, ya'll! I have so much gratitude for whoever set that up. Also, I've been doing pretty good with my new exercise bike. It's starting to feel pretty habitual and I'm actually looking forward to the time I spend on it!

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it in the group but I quit smoking in early December. On the day I quit I was 172 and today I'm 165. While losing 7 pounds in a month and a half isn't as much as I'd like (I was hoping to see the 150s by the end of January) I still have to be pretty pleased. Smoking speeds your metabolism and most people gain about 10lbs when they quit, with most of the weight gain happening in the first three months - so yes! I need to be happy with this. And hopeful as I move into February.

What do you want to improve on in February?

I'd like to be more active on this group, for one. I'm getting a lot out of reading through it and I want to post more regularly. Also, I still need to work on my weekend calorie intake (and alcohol). I really enjoy going out and having cocktails with my husband and friends and it's leading to poor food choices. Must work on this!

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I am impressed that you lost weight while doing that. Did you have any strategies that helped with the snacking instead of smoking?

Thank you! Mostly I've just been counting calories. There's been a few days where I just let myself eat with abandon (weekends) but drinking bubbly water with flavoring really seems to help if I feel myself craving something.

Interestingly enough, the same techniques that have helped me stop smoking (mindfulness) are helping with my over/binge eating. I've started reframing my over/binge eating when the desire hits. I used to do this, "I really want ... but I can't have it. I'm over calories/carbs/whatever." Now I when it hits I (try) to think, "Actually, what you WANT is to be healthier. You're craving ...." For whatever reason, it's helped with both the smoking and the over/binge eating.
  • JodiSW
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »

1/25
    👍 Tracked

I've been loving this little exercise bike that I got. I really hate going outside when it's cold! I want to retire somewhere that's 75 degrees year round. :smiley:
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 6967
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/26
    Step count 8401
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Also, a big welcome to @JScottJr1988 !
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    lindamtuck2018 wrote: »

Last week of January challenge!

What have you done well this month?

Tracking calories - that habit tracking spreadsheet is the bomb, ya'll! I have so much gratitude for whoever set that up. Also, I've been doing pretty good with my new exercise bike. It's starting to feel pretty habitual and I'm actually looking forward to the time I spend on it!

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it in the group but I quit smoking in early December. On the day I quit I was 172 and today I'm 165. While losing 7 pounds in a month and a half isn't as much as I'd like (I was hoping to see the 150s by the end of January) I still have to be pretty pleased. Smoking speeds your metabolism and most people gain about 10lbs when they quit, with most of the weight gain happening in the first three months - so yes! I need to be happy with this. And hopeful as I move into February.

What do you want to improve on in February?

I'd like to be more active on this group, for one. I'm getting a lot out of reading through it and I want to post more regularly. Also, I still need to work on my weekend calorie intake (and alcohol). I really enjoy going out and having cocktails with my husband and friends and it's leading to poor food choices. Must work on this!

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I am impressed that you lost weight while doing that. Did you have any strategies that helped with the snacking instead of smoking?

Thank you! Mostly I've just been counting calories. There's been a few days where I just let myself eat with abandon (weekends) but drinking bubbly water with flavoring really seems to help if I feel myself craving something.

Interestingly enough, the same techniques that have helped me stop smoking (mindfulness) are helping with my over/binge eating. I've started reframing my over/binge eating when the desire hits. I used to do this, "I really want ... but I can't have it. I'm over calories/carbs/whatever." Now I when it hits I (try) to think, "Actually, what you WANT is to be healthier. You're craving ...." For whatever reason, it's helped with both the smoking and the over/binge eating.

That is a great strategy. My binge eating has been horrible all week. I am going to try this and post the reframing thought on my fridge

Hi all,

Sorry I have been adamant and have not updated my weight either . It's really busy on my side with a move and all the hassle.

Can my weight be updated to 256.4 .I stepped on a scale one night to weigh luggages and that's what I had.

I should be able to be active from next week .

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks

I hope all goes well with your move.

Steps 6967

I hope you weren’t to tired after the storm.

peng123 wrote: »
    Good morning, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

1/26:
    Calories: 1,160
    Exercise: I managed 35 minutes on the elliptical
    Steps: 10,861

Welcome @Outdoorsy_Canadian !

Great day! How was it on the knees?
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 The elliptical hurt my knees at first - but I was able to get them tracking properly and then it was smooth sailing! I had physical therapy this morning and they have chosen knee braces for me - fingers crossed that they help!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Check in for 1/26:
    Steps - 4690 plus 20 min bike moderate effort.
    Calories - 1612 or close.
    Exercise - gym in a.m. 9 machines and 20 min bike.
  • JodiSW
    Options
    f3gzt1ivotr4.jpg

January Week 3 Results:
    Top 5 Steppers Are:
    1st @mari_moulin - 120,354 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 105,763 steps
    3rd @rwood566 - 66,380 steps
    4th @JodiSW - 63,161 steps
    5th @littleflutterby - 63,141 steps
    Awesome Job Everyone :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 854, 706 steps
    Well Done Everyone :):):):)

Recognizing Everyone Who Pledged Their Steps:

@lindamtuck2018 5/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @Pippin20206 3/7
    @red1185 3/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @tahm42 7/7
    @peng123 3/7
    @littleflutterby 7/7
    @MeowScout 3/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 6/7
    @mari_moulin 7/7
    @Beautyofdreams 6/7
    @JodiSW 2/7
    @Jpedno 3/7
    Great Job Everyone :):):):):)

Whoa @mari_moulin and @Megan_smartiepants1970! That's some crazy steps!

Color me impressed and inspired!
This discussion has been closed.