Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Another weekend is upon us.
    Check in for 2/4:
    Steps - 8691
    Calories - 1569 or so. Had depression Era pie for dessert. Thanks @beautyofdreams for the recipe.
    Exercise - slow neighborhood walk with daughter. Shopped at a couple stores. 2 mile trip.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 4839
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/3
    Step count 9184

Great step count!

Happy FriYay Downsizers!!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/3 = 5163

PW: 187.3
    CW: 186.9

Looking forward to the weekend - get to see the grandsons! Hoping we can do a little sledding if it's not too cold for them.

Still trying to get back to regular walking. Only two days this week so far - but it's better than none!

Nice loss! Grandkids are the best. During lockdown my granddaughters stayed over once a week. Now that somethings are back open the girls are really busy so they won’t get stay over as much. We are going for a quick visit this afternoon.

Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-In Day Friday
    PW: 246.0
    CW: 243.2 (loss 2.8 lbs)
    LTD: 7.6

Very nice loss!
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 237.4
    CW: 235.8. - 1.6

Well done!

JodiSW wrote: »
    Hey everybody! Happy Friday!

JodiSW
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW 164
    CW 163.8

I'm okay with this. I ate more than I should the past weekend. Ugh. I have to get that under control but I need to figure out how - open to suggestions! And then after I was food poisoned on Monday, I've been eating bread and noodles all week because my stomach's been so jacked, which for me, is like an invite to bloat up overnight like that kid on Willy Wonka.

I need to add in some strength training to my exercise. Does anyone here use a TRX? And if so, do you have any favorite youtubers? I'm thinking upper body for now because I can feel my lower body and glutes shaping up with all the time I'm spending on this exercise bike.

I am also trying to get over eating/binge eating under control. My granddaughters aren’t here this weekend so that makes things easier.This week I am trying distraction. Also, I am trying to use visualization at night when my urges to binge are the worst. Not sure if it was you or someone else suggested visualization. I am 3 days binge free so it has to be helping. When I went to the gym I always wanted to try trx. It looked like fun.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Check-in: Thursday (may I change to Fridays please?)
    PW:324
    CW:326

Welcome to the new team members!

I will move you for next week.

Happy Friday everyone! Another snowy day here in Toronto.

Steps for yesterday was low again 4060. I'll try and do better this weekend.

@lindamtuck2018 yes, I am doing 16:8. My stomach and digestion is much better when I'm doing it. I aim for 5 days a week.

Starting Monday I am getting back to intermittent fasting. Have a great stepping weekend!

Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 181.4
    CW 179.2

Not too shabby, I'm happy with that.

New decade! 👏👏👏👏
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Another weekend is upon us.
    Check in for 2/4:
    Steps - 8691
    Calories - 1569 or so. Had depression Era pie for dessert. Thanks @beautyofdreams for the recipe.
    Exercise - slow neighborhood walk with daughter. Shopped at a couple stores. 2 mile trip.

Slow is good!
  • Outdoorsy_Canadian
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    Another cold one here today. -15 right now and with windchill it feels like -25.

I bought myself a new pair of hiking boots for my self birthday present 🎁 . They arrived in a day, now that was fast. Unfortunately, they are too small. Will return them and try again. I hate online ordering footwear but the stores have so few sizes of the higher end ones.

Steps for Feb 4, 5445
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/4
    Step count 7491

plus 10 minutes rowing light effort

Weekly weigh in

Saturday 2/5

PW 247.7
    CW 245.7

Needless to say I’m pleased. I am ending week 5 of an 8 week dance based exercise program. This week was less dance and more targeted exercises for upper and lower body. Since I enjoy the dance. I just put on my own play list for extra cardio this week. I am thinking about doing the 30 day yoga program I have been hearing about. It is a free you tube based 30 day/30 minute yoga routine that looks like in the beginning at least is more focused on stretching, flexibility, balance, and meditation. I haven’t done as good with rowing as I hoped. My legs are strong and don’t bother me but my shoulders and arms are sore every time. Thankfully we have had mostly good weather lately so I have been able to walk outside most days. Typical winter weather for North Carolina all within the last 7 days we have had snow, sleet, ice, rain, wind chills in the single digits, lows in the teens and then sunny, clear skies with highs in the 70s just a day or two later. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the weekend, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

2/4:
    Calories: 1,151
    Exercise: 80 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 15,153

I'm just so happy to be able to do cardo again! Today I will be spending a good chunk of time doing my knee strengthening exercises. Also - my plan for this weekend is to sort through all of my clothes - I'm tossing everything that is too big for me! I hope you all have a great day!!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,148 Member
    Options
    The new Week 2 Group Challenge for February is active and ready to begin for Sunday, Feb 6th. Taking a reflective look back and a hopeful look forward with the goals we set back in Dec/Jan...just a little check in, mixed with staying active each day and sharing together. Hope you'll join us! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855816/february-week-2-group-challenge-thinking-back-looking-forward#latest

Jessica
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    02/05
    60 minutes walking 2 miles
  • Gwiz401
    Gwiz401 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    User name: Gwiz401
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    SW: 179.8
    PW: 176.0
    CW: 176.8
    LTD: 3.0

A gain of 0.8 over 2 weeks. Not bad considering I was on vacation for a week and definitely over-indulged on the libations. In the few days that I've been back home I've gotten on track.

I'm on a serious mission this month!! 30-days til the Galapagos Islands!! Woot woot!!
    So that means no sugar and no booze until Mardis Gras events!
    Exercise daily! Minimum 20 minutes every morning: 10 minute strength, 10 min cardio intervals.

I GOT THIS!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check infor 2/5:
    Steps - 11472 plus 20 minutes bike moderate intensity.
    Calories - 1818. Snacked heavy tonight. Couldn't seem to stop. Luckily it was mostly hot air popcorn and unsalted cashews.
    Exercise - gym in the morning. 9 machines and 20 minutes bike. Moderate intensity. Walk in the afternoon. 4.85 miles in 1 hr 26 minutes.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

2/5:
    Calories: 1,128
    Exercise: None
    Steps: 6,667

I didn't exercise yesterday because I needed to give my knees a break - and - because this cutie has thrown my house into chaos:

qc9edu9y9e30.jpg

She's an absolute angel - but one of my older cats is protesting her presence! Ugh - I hope this passes quickly!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 4689
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/5
    Step count 8487
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Just thought I'd pop in to check in. This week was going reasonably well, but towards the end of it, the wheels came off somewhat. I got Mcdonalds earlier this week, to try out the chicken big mac (instead of 2 beef patties it's the chicken they use in the chicken mayo's), I was actually more mindful because went with a smaller portion, got a side salad and considered the calories. If anyone is curious, I liked the taste, could actually be close to saying I prefer it over the big mac beef version :P It's here until mid-March so thought I'd give it a go out of curiosity.

I unexpectedly ended up getting Burger King (a medium Whopper meal - our sizes in UK probably smaller to other countries? still high cals though) with some friends yesterday, not 100% being able to count the calories of what I've ate and have had a fair amount of leftover chocolate. I was at about 0.4-0.6lb loss this week, but bracing myself for a gain in the morning. I think it's partly hormonal as had feeling of wanting to eat everything in sight and being more irritable. I did manage to do my 2 ingredient pizza dough, oh how I missed it. Definitely don't recommend using salad size tomatoes and mushrooms, it's tasty, but makes it soggy!

I'll get back into the prep stuff tomorrow, I just need to stick with the 1500 or so and see where I get because fast food aside, I'm hoping the results happen like last time soon or I'm gonna be worried I won't meet my goal of under 200 by year end :(. I'm getting more dental work tomorrow afternoon so that will stop eating as easy for a bit! I've bought some cycling accessories that so will help me refocus when I can get back out on my bike with friends when the weather hopefully stops being so wet and cold!
This discussion has been closed.