February 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier Great running. I'm interested in which bra you prefer for longer runs. I currently like the Y back from handful, but haven't run a lot of longer runs in them. They are comfortable though. I was able to see my "chart" on line and the results of the CT scan. To me, it sounds like all is well. At least I'm not worried that any other spot is growing. I see the surgeon this coming Thursday to talk to him about the results and I'm sure how I am doing. My biggest thing from the surgery, I think, is that the scar is still itching. Weird, huh? Thanks for the encouragement on the exercise. I know walking a mile every day is more than most. (Not here, but the population in general.)

Tramboman wrote: »
    @Tramboman forgot to mention that yesterday was my first "skunk" route. I haven't seen any like @kgirlhart usually does but every once in a while I see them. I can see some of my annual plants starting some green shoots out but it will be spring for me once my Purple Martins return to my colony housing.

You get Purple Martins. Capistrano gets swallows. Ohio gets buzzards...
    :smile: :lol::lol:

@Avidkeo I hope the week off is all you need for your calf to heal. You sure don't want to make it worse.

Very pretty @polskagirl01 . I can see how that would be a challenge.

Nice run @Teresa502 . And smart to wait until it warmed up. It turned out to be a very nice day.

I decided to do my normal Sunday mile walk on the treadmill in-between church and lunch. Walked it at 3.8 mph. After lunch, I took a nice long stroll into my neighbor's field to do a little bird watching for the Great Backyard Bird Count. I didn't see anything real exciting, but it was nice just to take it easy and notice nature. So far my bird species for the bird count are chickadees, Downy woodpecker, Red Bellied Woodpecker, Titmouse, Morning dove, Dark eyed Junco, Cardinal, Turkey Vulture, Robin, crow, Hawk of some sort, and ducks of some sort - the flew before I got a good look at them. I think I saw a thrush and some sort of sparrow too, but wasn't able to identify which one. Tomorrow is the last day, but I am working and leaving pretty early in the morning, so I don't know if I'll get a chance to see anymore of not.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    February Goal: 30 Miles

2/6: 2.26 miles
    2/8: 3.32 miles
    2/9: 3.20 miles
    2/10: 3.20 miles
    2/13: 6.35 miles
    2/15: 4.51 miles
    2/16: 5.15 miles
    2/17: 5.20 miles
    2/19: 1.55 miles

34.74/30 miles completed for February

Today is a rest day, but I have a pair of holster running shorts that I wanted to try out so after I took the dogs for a short walk at the park I ran 1.5 miles to try them out. Plus I got new shoes yesterday so I needed a little run.
    February Goal: 30 Miles

2/6: 2.26 miles
    2/8: 3.32 miles
    2/9: 3.20 miles
    2/10: 3.20 miles
    2/13: 6.35 miles
    2/15: 4.51 miles
    2/16: 5.15 miles
    2/17: 5.20 miles
    2/19: 1.55 miles
    2/20: 8.51 miles

43.25/30 miles completed for February

I finally got a long run this month. It was just 8.5 miles, which isn't that long, but I was happy with it. It was pretty windy, but otherwise the weather was nice. It was about 55° so I wore shorts and a t-shirt. It was an uneventful run, but an enjoyable one.

I am thinking about running tomorrow since it us supposed to be 57°F and they are predicting a wintry mix on Wednesday and Thursday so it is likely that I won't be able to run one or both of those days.

@shanaber That sounds like quite a fall. I'm glad there were no broken bones. I hope you feel better soon.

exercise.png

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic So glad you had a nice relaxing Sunday and hope it rejuvenated you enough to tackle the week ahead.

Thanks @emmamcgarity ! Beautiful picture. Sounds like you are doing great at rebuilding your base miles.

Nice long run @kgirlhart . That's long for me too!

@rheddmobile So glad you had a good run and your heart behaved. The frogs are singing here too. Seems a little early. Maybe that means we'll have an early spring?

I hope you feel up to a walk and agility tonight @shanaber .
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,727 Member
    Options
    2/1 – 7.04 miles
    2/2 – 3.11 miles
    2/5 – 3.15 miles + 9.2 miles
    2/7 – 5.18 miles
    2/9 – 5.12 miles
    2/10 – 3.21 miles + 3.19 miles
    2/11 – 5.14 miles
    2/15 – 5.31 miles
    2/16 – 5.16 miles
    2/17 – 4.09 miles
    2/18 – 5.15 miles
    2/20 – 10.01 miles
    2/21 – 5.20 miles
    Total – 79.58 miles

My legs were tired this morning after yesterday’s run and walk.

Beautiful sky @emmamcgarity!

Tell us about these “holster running shorts” @kgirlhart. What is the holster for? A gun? Pepper spray?
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    2-1 4k treadmill
    2-2 7k easy
    2-3 4k treadmill
    2-4 4k treadmill
    2-5 4k treadmill
    2-6 7k slow
    2-7 rest
    2-8 7k sleasy
    2-9 4k slow
    2-10 rest
    2-11 7k sleasy
    2-12 7k sleasy
    2-13 5k treadmill
    2-14 4k treadmill
    2-15 7k sleasy
    2-16 7k sleasy
    2-17 rest
    2-18 5k treadmill
    2-19 5k treadmill
    2-20 7k sleasy
    2-21 7k easy

February Total: 102k
    February Goal: 140k

Mostly sunny, upper 30s F, and a breeze from the south today. Made a conscious effort to run a little bit harder than usual; hadn't run this pace since early November. Heard a song sparrow in addition to the usual symphony of birdsong, and saw a fox squirrel and a gray squirrel.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    @shanaber oh my! I hope you are healing from your fall. I’m glad to hear you didn’t break any bones, but it sounds like you got pretty banged up.

@quilteryoyo I’m glad you are getting wuns in.

I’ve been able to get a lot of walking and a few short runs in this week. Definitely feeling stronger and rebuilding some base miles. My neighbor called the other day when I was feeling lazy to invite me for a walk along the bayou. I’m so glad I decided to join her. We were rewarded with a beautiful sunset along our route. Photo below (I don’t know how to insert a spoiler, sorry)

8xncq3lpayqp.jpeg

Indeed a beautiful sunset! <3
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    You have a beautiful place to run @Aine8046 !

Hahahaha @Tramboman !

Glad you got out early when the weather was nicer @Teresa502 . It was cold here, but no snow.

I had a CT scan of my heart this morning - a one year + follow up from the aneurysm surgery. I will see the surgeon next week for the results. I was very happy that the dye didn't make me feel really hot like it does sometimes. I had other things to do while I was out, so didn't get home until 4:30. I was really tired, so just did a mile on the treadmill. I did speed it up and bit and did 3.9 mph. It felt a lot faster than 3.8 mph. LOL

Thank you! Good luck with your doctor's visit! :)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @kgirlhart I can never understand the concept of carrying a gun, let alone having special running shorts. We are so lucky in NZ. Heck we have a protest of government grounds atm and even the idea of someone having a gun on them is laughable.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @kgirlhart I can never understand the concept of carrying a gun, let alone having special running shorts. We are so lucky in NZ. Heck we have a protest of government grounds atm and even the idea of someone having a gun on them is laughable.

Snap, for those of us not in the US the gun thing just sounds so weird and unreal.
    We went too far on our club run last night, new leader dude miscalculated mileage because he doesn't know all the routes yet, so we were chatting on our way back about feeling safe running off the beaten track at dusk or after dark. He bashfully informed me that he's a bit of a wimp and would be scared to run the trail we were on alone in the dark, I was like well, dude, imagine how women feel! He just went "huh, you're braver than me" lolol.
    Seriously though, I do keep thinking about the safety issue. I chickened out of a self-defence course our local police ran last year because the equipment list they sent us included scary things like a plastic knife and a groin protector, but I think if they run it again I will bite the bullet and sign up.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    2-1 4k treadmill
    2-2 7k easy
    2-3 4k treadmill
    2-4 4k treadmill
    2-5 4k treadmill
    2-6 7k slow
    2-7 rest
    2-8 7k sleasy
    2-9 4k slow
    2-10 rest
    2-11 7k sleasy
    2-12 7k sleasy
    2-13 5k treadmill
    2-14 4k treadmill
    2-15 7k sleasy
    2-16 7k sleasy
    2-17 rest
    2-18 5k treadmill
    2-19 5k treadmill
    2-20 7k sleasy
    2-21 7k easy
    2-22 rest

February Total: 102k
    February Goal: 140k

Rest day today.
    It is a sad commentary on the state of our world that firearms can be part of our running gear. But one must do what is necessary to be safe.