TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited April 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• BethAnnD75
    BethAnnD75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ashley. I look forward to being part of this team and shaving off some of this Big Butt :D
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    BethAnnD75 wrote: »
    Thank you Ashley. I look forward to being part of this team and shaving off some of this Big Butt :D

@BethAnnD75 Welcome to the TBBT! 🙋‍♀️
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Welcome @BethAnnD75 !
  • BethAnnD75
    BethAnnD75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you @brandi_84 & @DaffyGirl88! Good luck to us all!!!
  • loseit3136
    loseit3136 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi team! After being largely absent for February and ending the month not feeling great (just as I started it...) I would like to be more present. Honestly, I am just so down...it's not even just one thing. Covid, winter, life...it's everything. I am hoping I can change some things this month. I am not trying to lose a huge amount, but I am trying to feel my best, which is always when I am not drinking much if at all and really limiting all sugar and junky carbs. I am taking a selfie tomorrow AM (my face really shows when I am rundown and not eating well) and going to really focus March on my good habits.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm excited to get started with this challenge and get to know everyone! I'm hoping to meet my March goals through the challenge because competition has motivated me in the past.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Smlisley wrote: »
    Hi! I'm excited to get started with this challenge and get to know everyone! I'm hoping to meet my March goals through the challenge because competition has motivated me in the past.

@Smlisley Welcome to TBBT! 🙋‍♀️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Good morning TBBT ready for a new month! 🙋‍♀️

Sunday 27 February
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Not sure if we're going to have the mini challenge this month but posting helps me. Have a great Monday! I'll post my intro later when I'm at my computer. 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited February 2022
    Options
    loseit3136 wrote: »
    Hi team! After being largely absent for February and ending the month not feeling great (just as I started it...) I would like to be more present. Honestly, I am just so down...it's not even just one thing. Covid, winter, life...it's everything. I am hoping I can change some things this month. I am not trying to lose a huge amount, but I am trying to feel my best, which is always when I am not drinking much if at all and really limiting all sugar and junky carbs. I am taking a selfie tomorrow AM (my face really shows when I am rundown and not eating well) and going to really focus March on my good habits.

@loseit3136 I totally understand about Covid and winter getting you down. Thankfully the restrictions from the Omicron spike are being lifted and the days are getting noticeably longer. The really cold days are getting fewer, what with March being the "in like a Lion and out like a Lamb" month, we'll be able to get outside a bit more. I know I feel better when I can get outside in the sunshine a bit during the day. Even if it's only for 10 minutes or so. Here's to March being the turning point for us. 👍😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thought for today -

Stop watering the weeds in your life and start watering the flowers.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hi TBBT. I'm Brandi. I'm 37. I am a stay at home/homeschool mom. I have found a new passions for crafting. I enjoy zumba and weight lifting but don't enjoy finding the time for it.

I'm trying something new this month...

Eating on Budget and seriously meal planning. The most important part will be eating healthy and "gourmet", while sticking to the budget. I have found it is easier to eat healthy when the meal looks awesome. There won't be a lot of extra spending room to go for a soda run multiple times a week. Or run out for fast food, or big steaks.
    So I'm expecting this will help with weight loss, help me find discipline and give me motivation.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Mrscanmore weekly weigh in

Sunday
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - long run
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Good morning all! 🙋‍♀️ And welcome to all of the newbies!

My name is Sue, and I am 61 years old. I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 1 grandbaby (VA) and 1 fur baby 🐶. I work full time, currently teleworking which appears may go on forever. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I am always up for a challenge and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges at any given time. 📚🚶‍♀️

I have been on MFP for almost 10 years now and part of TBBT for almost 2 years. Wow...time sure does fly!! I joined TBBT after COVID/teleworking caused my weight to climb. I am still down from when I joined TBBT but between weddings, vacations and holidays my weight has crept steadily up since last summer. 😕

Just returning from vacation in New Orleans the last week of February where I ate everything and anything, but mainly beignets, King cake, gumbo and jambalaya.

The days are getting longer, if only slightly. Sadly they're not getting much warmer. 🥶 :( That will come in time. My goal for March is to end lighter than I started. ⚖️ Not going to assign a number to that, will take whatever.

Here's to another great month for TBBT!!! 🎉
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    First Weigh-in:

February 28: 231
  • Quiltmom9800
    Quiltmom9800 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! My name is Julie, and I'm from Oregon. I'm at my heaviest since my son was born nearly 24 years ago. I've gone through a couple gain and loss cycles in my adult life. I've lost the weight on my own and with WW. My motivation for WW is no longer there. I have not done well with self care the last 2 years. Over the last 2.5 months I've been turning that around. My exercise is consistent with BeachBody workouts, treadmill runs and walks with my dog. I'm taking days off from work when its' needed vs pushing through the fatigue (I'm a project manager at a hospital). I'm struggling with my "treats" (mostly evenings and weekends) and it's holding me back from losing weight. I'm 51, and not losing as quickly as I have in the past.

A little about myself. I've been married for 28 years and I have 2 grown kids, and a corgi named Wallace :) My daughter graduates from nursing school in April and my son with his Masters in engineering in June. I'm so proud of them both. As I mentioned, I'm a project manager. It's rewarding work, but can be high pressure at times. My husband has gone through a career change process over the last couple of years, and is doing much better with the change.

I'm here to cheer on the team and be part of a like minded group. I'm excited to celebrate successes with you.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Hi Team! My name is Julie, and I'm from Oregon. I'm at my heaviest since my son was born nearly 24 years ago. I've gone through a couple gain and loss cycles in my adult life. I've lost the weight on my own and with WW. My motivation for WW is no longer there. I have not done well with self care the last 2 years. Over the last 2.5 months I've been turning that around. My exercise is consistent with BeachBody workouts, treadmill runs and walks with my dog. I'm taking days off from work when its' needed vs pushing through the fatigue (I'm a project manager at a hospital). I'm struggling with my "treats" (mostly evenings and weekends) and it's holding me back from losing weight. I'm 51, and not losing as quickly as I have in the past.

A little about myself. I've been married for 28 years and I have 2 grown kids, and a corgi named Wallace :) My daughter graduates from nursing school in April and my son with his Masters in engineering in June. I'm so proud of them both. As I mentioned, I'm a project manager. It's rewarding work, but can be high pressure at times. My husband has gone through a career change process over the last couple of years, and is doing much better with the change.

I'm here to cheer on the team and be part of a like minded group. I'm excited to celebrate successes with you.

@Quiltmom9800 Welcome to the group!! Safe to assume you're a quilter? Me too!!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    My name is Melissa. I’m a registered nurse and nurse practitioner student who recently started losing weight to set an example for my patients. 10 years ago, I started MFP and lost tons of weight and then nursing school, stress, and nightshift made me go over my highest weight ever. I started this journey on Jan 18th at 250 lbs.as of last Saturday I weighed 239.6 lbs. I am ove the moon that I went to the 230s, let’s go to hit 220s. I can’t wait to be in ONErland! This is my second month with the biggest loser challenge.

Im sorry I will try to post this week but I might not get to since I’m currently on a cruise since Saturday. I weighed myself at the gym today and so far it looks like I’m 237 lbs. We shall see if it continues beyond the trip. Unfortunately I will not be logging my diet. But I will exercise. I did my exercise for the day today. Plus isn’t walking around the ship enough exercise. I am trying to eat a bit healthy or at least not indulge into much and lose all I have done! Anyways let’s rock this challenge this month. Welcome to all new members!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, looking forward to meeting fitness goals with the group☺️

Weigh in: Sunday 2.27.22 -139.2

Goal weight: 115
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys it’s been a rough few months if you’ll have me I would love to come back
    I don’t have a current weight
    Would like to weigh on Friday
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, looking forward to meeting fitness goals with the group☺️

Weigh in: Sunday 2.27.22 -139.2

Goal weight: 115

@BlissfulK Welcome to the team!!
This discussion has been closed.