Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    Hello from way down here where there are blossoms and baby leaves and stuff! It's crazy. I felt so weird going outside for a walk without boots, mittens, parka, tuque, scarf - I just had to put a tuque in my jacket pocket just in case! It felt wrong not to be ready for the cold. And there was no cold!

In any case, I survived my super early rise and flight, and had a good walk and gym session with elliptical and some kettlebells this afternoon to counteract all the sitting. I'll certainly hit the hay early tonight!

Let's catch up on weigh-ins to date, and get ready for Thursday:
    @lonestarbabe
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @PlaneMonkey
    @MoStacy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @evangsimmons170

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,280 Member
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 176.4
    CW 170.6
  • ashleycarole86
    Good morning. I apologize for being late on my weigh-in. I'm going to bow out of this group. I was weighing every day, and it was really screwing with my head since my weight loss was so slow. I finally had to throw the scale out, so I won't be able to weigh in. Maybe when I get my mind right I can come back. I'm just going to focus on my calories and exercise and not worry about the number on the scale.

I know @jugar is travelling but I think she'd say that you can always join our support group if you are getting anything out of being here but don't want to weigh in.

Regardless, it was nice to have you for the time you were here and we will be waiting if/when you do want to re-join us! Best of luck in your journey!
  • ashleycarole86
    DD265 wrote: »
    I have finally admitted to myself that I'm really struggling - and I am definitely at my highest weight of the year. Facing up to the difficulties is the first step in overcoming them, right? I know we're really fond of the perfect day in here but I don't have it in me right now. What does feel achievable is to drink 2L of water so I am going to do that today. I'm 1.25L down already and haven't tracked it, but will do so after writing this post. Baby steps to regain my focus.

Baby steps make sense! Rebuild those habits one by one - the ones you know work for you. A water habit is a great place to start.

• ashleycarole86
    @PlaneMonkey How did physio go?

@conleywoods Hoping for some relief for your husband too. It's not easy when our loved ones are so stressed.. it's like we're living it to! Hugs to you and the fam.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @PlaneMonkey How did physio go?

She thinks my knee might be related to sciatic issues as well as the hip. She's a tiny lady but she has sharp pokey fingers that pin point all the sore spots! I've got a new list of exercises to add to my repertoire before I see her again next month. I'm icing the back of my knee and will avoid deep squats, lunges and crawling until it stops hurting. Gee, no burpees or mountain climbers for me! 😉
    Its not going to stop me from hockey though! I'm heading back tonight now that I've finished my covid isolation.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    CW 193.2
    Not quite what I'd hoped, but that's life!

@micki48 stay strong! You will get through this. All the hugs.
  • ashleycarole86
    @micki48 All your hard work has built to this crunch time week ahead.... I can't imagine how exhausted you must be. Thanks for checking in. Sending best wishes for your sister's surgery and the move.

3/10 exercise:
    46 minutes Peloton + 8760 steps
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    edited March 2022
    @PlaneMonkey here is the link for the prebiotic and probiotic I have been using for the past 6 weeks. It's a capsule within a capsule and has changed my life! Unfortunately fiber alone just doesn't get me moving even when I am between 25-35g daily. But together ❤ so much better!
    https://seed.com/
  • jugar
    I will be away the next week. My weigh in for today is:

CW 190.3 - stayed the same. Hoping to keep it close to that after my vacation. I'll weigh in when I get back. Have a good and healthy week all!

have a great vacation!
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Hi everyone!

My current weight is 222.1lbs 🤷
    Not sure if it is good or bad 🤷

So many things has happened 🤦

I realized that I really have to get involved in group conversation more 🤣🤭🙈

Good luck everyone ❤️
  • jugar
    It has been a lovely Carolina Friday! Started with a fogged in airport so my sister was delayed for a couple of hours, but then there was some delicious sunshine. I had a couple of good outdoor walks and a fantastic gym session - elliptical and kettlebells. Shower earned :sweat_smile:

I was thinking of keeping up with @metaphysicalstudio on the elliptical yesterday and today - I got a good groove going and felt the sisterhood!

I'll be back later - hoping for more news from everyone :heart:
  • jugar
    ells_bellz wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

My current weight is 222.1lbs 🤷
    Not sure if it is good or bad 🤷

So many things has happened 🤦

I realized that I really have to get involved in group conversation more 🤣🤭🙈

Good luck everyone ❤️

It is good! You are down 1.1 pounds :smiley: I hope that the things have happened and that you are OK. We'll be glad to hear about it when you have a minute for sure!
  • ashleycarole86
    Good day around here! I didn't get up early enough to ride the Peloton before work, so I focused on getting my 10,000 steps instead, which I don't often do! My dad is still here and I didn't want to abandon him for the bike tonight so I'll just get on tomorrow. I miss it when I don't ride... but rest days are good too!

I had one of those moments where I had a little bit banked for a small snack after supper and then I realized I forgot to log my yogurt from breakfast! Goodbye to the snack.. does this ever happen to anyone else? I had a mini moment of sadness for the piece of chocolate or fruit I was going to eat and then got over it... lol. I definitely prefer to keep a tiny amount back for those after supper munchies though!

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    @ jugar I would like to be moved to support for awhile. I plan on staying in the group, but I need to put the scale away for awhile.

@ashleycarole86 I plan on staying on the step team. Congratulations on your loss this week. I skimmed the post and you and Brad are doing amazing. This summer, I am definitely going to try out the Pelton app.

Kristy - what grade does your husband teach? Is it his class or everything? It's a hard to be a teacher. Our state just gave teachers a HUGE pay raise to try to keep teachers. When I get stressed, I have to take time to really focus on what I LOVE about the job, which can be hard. I have been attending all the progression to Kinder IEPs and we have so many kids coming next year. I am praying that means less unidentified kids.🤷‍♀️

Courtney- I hope you can find some exercises to help relieve your pain. HUGS💕
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    Sorry for not posting, was busy yesterday. Had an interview!

191 for my weigh in.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
    The March Week 3 Group Challenge is now posted and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, March 12th. Please join us to Work It Out this week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10858795/march-week-3-group-challenge-spell-your-name-work-it-out#latest

Hope to see you there!

Jessica :blush:
This discussion has been closed.