Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 washington dc. thank you for the challenge.
    check in for 3/12:
    steps - 2337. i know i got a lot more. i left the watch at home while i volunteered at a food pantry for 2 hours. i was a runner for the drive up line so i was constantly going to the chill box and inside to get sacks of produce and cans. then i walked home afterwards, 2 miles.
    calories - about 1650
    exercise - passed out food for 2 hours and walked home 2 miles in 40 minutes.
    i really enjoyed working today but i didn't drink any water while i was there or walking home so i was dehydrated when i got here. didn't do much until after dinner.
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone hope you had a good week!

WEIGH IN
    gharvey2753
    Previous: 180.8ibs
    Current: 181.2 ibs

Looks like a gain in the week but reality is I've had a great week sticking to my calorie goal and training everyday. Checked my body composition and have lost 5ibs fat and put on in muscle. Interested to see the figures next week I've had this before when it holds and the next week shows a good drop.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ifoo5ztes7cd.png

Happy Sunday, Downsizers! I'm really loving this week's challenge - and one of the letters in my name requires bicep curls - so I will automatically meet my "armed and dangerous" arm exercise goal for the week! Here's my check-in:

3/12:
    Calories: 1,155
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 11,801

@Megan_smartiepants1970 AMAZING steps yesterday - that's a HUGE walk!

@rwood566 It sounds like you had a lot of steps yesterday - I often forget to set my Apple watch when I'm exercising

@lindamtuck2018 I hope your back is feeling better!

Have a great day, everyone!!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/12
    Step count 8,581

@lindamtucker2018

I have done step videos in the past and we have a perfectly nice treadmill that I don’t like to use, so I really have no excuse not to get my steps in. I just use the time outside walking as a mental break too so I dislike it when the weather doesn’t cooperate.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft

late Friday Check in
    PW: 317
    CW: 327

I have been sick for the past several days (and still am).

I did have a NSV this week though - I made it up 2 flights of stairs for a meeting at work.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/12
    Step count 8,581

@lindamtucker2018

I have done step videos in the past and we have a perfectly nice treadmill that I don’t like to use, so I really have no excuse not to get my steps in. I just use the time outside walking as a mental break too so I dislike it when the weather doesn’t cooperate.

I miss walking for that reason, a total mental break. This is going to sound weird but I will picture myself walking through Springbank Park which is where I used to walked. I quite often do this if I am having difficulty sleeping.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Off to brunch. I am going to get a very unhealthy breakfast poutine but I will only eat half.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    ifoo5ztes7cd.png

Happy Sunday, Downsizers! I'm really loving this week's challenge - and one of the letters in my name requires bicep curls - so I will automatically meet my "armed and dangerous" arm exercise goal for the week! Here's my check-in:

3/12:
    Calories: 1,155
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 11,801

@Megan_smartiepants1970 AMAZING steps yesterday - that's a HUGE walk!

@rwood566 It sounds like you had a lot of steps yesterday - I often forget to set my Apple watch when I'm exercising

@lindamtuck2018 I hope your back is feeling better!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Thank you so much Cara :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited March 2022
    Options
    p9j3faiy6na5.png

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for Week 2 of March... Please have your steps in by no later than Tuesday Evening 3/15/22 ...If I do not have them in by then ..I will have no choice but to zero them out ..Thanks for understanding and your cooperation :)

@Pippin20206 3/6-3/12
    @tahm42 3/6-3/12
    @Jpedno 3/12
    @2BThinAgain5 3/11 & 3/12
    @aactuallyaash 3/6-3/12
    @melissadreed903 3/10-3/12

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    7nK2.gif

We've completed another week, folks! There were some impressive losses this past week, and incredible consistency across the board!

Take a look at last week's results in the links below:

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

bp1ramllpulh.png

Congrats @cormierannie and @gharvey2753 for being 2 of our top 3 weight loss losers of the week :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I just did the arm and dangerous challenge ... my arms are like Jelly...I did it for 30 minutes with 5 lb dumbells (I am new to this) and burned 85 calories ... Here is what I did ......
    1. Palms-up wrist curls 3 x 10
    2. Palms-down wrist curls 3 x 10
    3. Bicep curls 3 x 10
    4. Triceps kickback 3 x 10
    5. overhead extension 3 x10
    6. Chest Press 3 x 10
    7. lateral raise 3 x 10
    8. Dumbell front raise 3 x 10
    9. Military press 3 x 10
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    03/12 1,512 steps went shopping and forgot to take phone with me. Started the “ armed and dangerous” challenge with a few too many curls to my mouth.
    03/13
    7,336 steps walked outside because it was sunny, 56 degrees and the wind was calm. Will try to spell 3 letters of name tonight.

After posting in Success forum had the imposter feelings return and binged up to 141.8 pounds, am down to 135.5 pounds. I used to never eat my strength training calories but now eat all calories since January. Would be too hungry if I didn’t eat all calories and take frequent diet breaks.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I made the most delicious dinner using my Instant Pot ... I made a keto version of Beef and broccoli and I had mine over riced cauliflower instead of rice or noodles ... it took about 15 minutes to make instead of 2 hours in the crock pot ... I am impressed with this awesome appliance/gadget :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone
    Check in for 3/13:
    Steps - 2447
    Calories - 1967
    Exercise - none. Went to the gym but hurt my back and only did 4 machines. I have been snacking all night since. Damn.
  • gharvey2753
    Options
    7nK2.gif

We've completed another week, folks! There were some impressive losses this past week, and incredible consistency across the board!

Take a look at last week's results in the links below:

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

bp1ramllpulh.png

Congrats @cormierannie and @gharvey2753 for being 2 of our top 3 weight loss losers of the week :)

Well done on being 1st you are doing great keep it up!
  • gharvey2753
    Options
    I made the most delicious dinner using my Instant Pot ... I made a keto version of Beef and broccoli and I had mine over riced cauliflower instead of rice or noodles ... it took about 15 minutes to make instead of 2 hours in the crock pot ... I am impressed with this awesome appliance/gadget :)

Are you fully Keto now? Its great for weight loss done it previously with great results
This discussion has been closed.