Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,609 Member
    Options
    Saturday 20 March
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, including an hour of clearing the garden. Getting to be that time of year 🌷🌞🌳
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Never let a stumble in the road be the end of your journey.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Sat
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - walking and yoga

My why
    This is an important question, but such a hard one for me! Years ago I would have said to look better, but it seems no matter my weight, I can always find something not to be happy with. So I have worked on just being happy with who I am and the way I look. I love doing things outside, so now I am more concerned with having a body that is able to hike, run, ski, etc and feel really good! I have also realized how what I eat affects how I feel. Even though I still struggle with this, I know that if I eat a lot at night, or a bunch of junk food that I wake up feeling terrible. So, I want to be able to listen to my body and make choices that keep me feeling great.
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    PW: 138.2

CW: 140.4

I knew it would be a gain today. Like I discussed before, I had some vegan cheese I didn’t want to expire and made lasagna and pizza. Both use rice flour which is high in calories along with the cheese. I did not complete the calculations until after eating. One piece of lasagna is 455 calories. The pizza was also more than 400 calories a slice. So glad I’m in this challenge on MFP to see the effects of what we eat and our lifestyle in detail on how it effects our progress. I have some major work this week to see a loss for next weigh-in. Wish me luck💫
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Monday March 20th
    ✔️Track: yes
    ✔️ Under Calories: yes
    ✔️ Exercise: yes because work was super busy
    ✔️ Water: yes

I worked today. I barely sat down. I had patients in two halls so I sure walked alot today. So I’m counting my exercise. I work tomorrow again 🥺 hopefully it’s better than today.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    (Daily Post - Mar. 20)
    Logged: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 5 cups

MUAC
    Sunday - Saturday
    Green - yes days
    Red - no days
    🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

I promise I’m still here guys! Last week when I was doing the accountability I lost track with what I was doing and I just decided to go back to this on the new week! I’m proud of myself! First day going strong! I need to get more water in, but I’m definitely gonna make it an important thing tomorrow 😊
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 944 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    March2022; Week 3
    Week3 Roundtable Discussion: WRD
    Whats your “Why”??
    Lets mentally prepare ourselves for this temptation-filled weekend!!

…. Share with us your reasons for being here and working at this every day! Why do you keep getting back on the wagon??

And if you could also incorporate some pictures. Sometimes the best way to paint a picture is to share a picture of what you mean.

Let’s keep pushing through! One more week and we’re finishing up March!
    Where do you want to be in April?

My Why is to get healthier so I can take better care of my husband and be around for our two adult sons. My husband has a few major health concerns that will be part of our future going forward. I get overwhelmed sometimes, but I know getting my excess weight off will help me feel better and sleep better and have more energy to take care of my family. I need to intentionally decrease my stress level, and walking outside (and prayer!) helps me with that. Thankful for this group!

In April, I’d like to lose 10 more pounds at least. I’ll be 65 on April 6th 🥳
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Saturday & Sunday, March 19 & 20
    Tracked: yes & yes
    Under calories: yes & yes
    Exercise: no & no
    Comments: I came down with a cold Friday night, so I’ve been lying low and will be rescheduling my second cataract surgery that I was supposed to have done today.
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Sunday 20 March
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes. I was originally going to say no because today was supposed to be a rest day, BUT I decided to do a short recovery bike ride to 1. keep my streak alive and 2. loosen up my legs a bit as they were tight from being bent over in the garden on Saturday. It wasn't much of a ride, Peloton says I burned a whole 64 calories, and I probably burn that much just sitting still! 😂 But then I ended up going out and doing more yard work, making my legs tight again today (viscous circle here). So between that and vacuuming and mopping the floor I'm going to go with yes. ☺️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    Sat
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - walking and yoga

My why
    This is an important question, but such a hard one for me! Years ago I would have said to look better, but it seems no matter my weight, I can always find something not to be happy with. So I have worked on just being happy with who I am and the way I look. I love doing things outside, so now I am more concerned with having a body that is able to hike, run, ski, etc and feel really good! I have also realized how what I eat affects how I feel. Even though I still struggle with this, I know that if I eat a lot at night, or a bunch of junk food that I wake up feeling terrible. So, I want to be able to listen to my body and make choices that keep me feeling great.

@Mrscanmore Exactly! It's about being able to do the things that you enjoy. Looking forward to the warmer weather so that I can get outside and ride my bike in the sunshine, rather than the dark basement. :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited March 2022
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    PW: 138.2

CW: 140.4

I knew it would be a gain today. Like I discussed before, I had some vegan cheese I didn’t want to expire and made lasagna and pizza. Both use rice flour which is high in calories along with the cheese. I did not complete the calculations until after eating. One piece of lasagna is 455 calories. The pizza was also more than 400 calories a slice. So glad I’m in this challenge on MFP to see the effects of what we eat and our lifestyle in detail on how it effects our progress. I have some major work this week to see a loss for next weigh-in. Wish me luck💫

@BlissfulK This! One of the most important things that I've learned here is how what I eat one day will impact the scale the next. And that it's usually just a temporary thing and not the end of the world. I could have saved myself a lot of misery if I'd learned that sooner. :/ And you do not need luck, you've got this.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    melissan84 wrote: »
    Monday March 20th
    ✔️Track: yes
    ✔️ Under Calories: yes
    ✔️ Exercise: yes because work was super busy
    ✔️ Water: yes

I worked today. I barely sat down. I had patients in two halls so I sure walked alot today. So I’m counting my exercise. I work tomorrow again 🥺 hopefully it’s better than today.

@melissan84 I don't blame you for counting that as exercise. My daughter is a nurse and she says it's nothing for her to walk 5 miles in a day just up and down the hallways. I hope today is little less hectic for you though so that you can sit for a few minutes here and there.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    March2022; Week 3
    Week3 Roundtable Discussion: WRD
    Whats your “Why”??
    Lets mentally prepare ourselves for this temptation-filled weekend!!

…. Share with us your reasons for being here and working at this every day! Why do you keep getting back on the wagon??

And if you could also incorporate some pictures. Sometimes the best way to paint a picture is to share a picture of what you mean.

Let’s keep pushing through! One more week and we’re finishing up March!
    Where do you want to be in April?

My Why is to get healthier so I can take better care of my husband and be around for our two adult sons. My husband has a few major health concerns that will be part of our future going forward. I get overwhelmed sometimes, but I know getting my excess weight off will help me feel better and sleep better and have more energy to take care of my family. I need to intentionally decrease my stress level, and walking outside (and prayer!) helps me with that. Thankful for this group!

In April, I’d like to lose 10 more pounds at least. I’ll be 65 on April 6th 🥳

@susanshaughnessy80 Happy early birthday, in case I miss it next month. :)
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thank you, @DaffyGirl88 😊❤️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thank you, @DaffyGirl88 😊❤️

@susanshaughnessy80 Also, I hope your procedure goes well today and that you have a speedy recovery! <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    (Daily Post - Mar. 20)
    Logged: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 5 cups

MUAC
    Sunday - Saturday
    Green - yes days
    Red - no days
    🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

I promise I’m still here guys! Last week when I was doing the accountability I lost track with what I was doing and I just decided to go back to this on the new week! I’m proud of myself! First day going strong! I need to get more water in, but I’m definitely gonna make it an important thing tomorrow 😊

@rawrxamberx So happy you're still here! :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday 16th March
    Last week 159Ibs
    This week 158lbs

@prehistoricmoongoddess Nice week!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    March 18th
    Track: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: No

March 19th
    Exercise: No
    Comments: I did not do intentional exercise, but I did get over 10,000 steps from taking my son to Toronto Comicon.

March 20th
    Exercise: Yes - I took a nice long walk
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Monday Weigh-in

Last Week: 229.0
    This week: 228.6

I'll take it!