WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    @eggfreak Oh my.. evidence to a grand jury.. hope that goes okay. Not anything I've ever done in my life.

@bowens1973 You turned that ship around from holidays and you were in challenging circumstances to do so. I'm proud of you. I know you made some great choices - prioritizing exercise, ordering smaller sizes of items, etc. We had lots of chats throughout the week and you were making mindful choices. You will keep working at it!

4/14 exercise:
    9015 steps
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    What a beautiful day of sunshine here today! My car is fixed, my budget is lying on the floor in an abandoned warehouse somewhere, my stepmom got back, and I'll be heading home tomorrow! Tonight we're going out for dinner, so I'll try to behave...

I hope the Friday weigh-ins start pouring in - mighty quiet on that front in here today. Some great progress for you road warriors and pickle pickers, though. Keep it up!
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    CW: 168.6
  • jugar
    Saturday people! Your moment has arrived - or is about to...
    @bonnie_red
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359
    @lauren_989

Remaining Friday people! Your moments are running out :grimace:
    @Pearl4686
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @ells_bellz

Late people - we hope to hear from you :heart:
    @graceojo999
    @evangsimmons170

Thanks!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 679 Member
    @jugar hope you had a good drive and, with your car repair, uneventful. I'm sure your stepmom really appreciated the time away - I know I sure would!

@ashleycarole86 much of the grand jury day was sitting around waiting but then I got my turn to be asked questions (that I knew ahead) about some jerk who took $30,000 deposit from 3 neighbors wishing to repair their seawall and he had no intention of ever doing the work. Repeat scam offender and he bit off more than he could chew, by having to go thru our town office. So an interesting day.
    Sorry you're still dealing with cold & snow, hope you're soon looking at daffodils. I've put our hummingbird feeder up- we've had quite a good stretch of weather, there might be an early migrant.

@DD265 crossing fingers for your fruit trees - nothing like a ripe peach!! The squirrels here are a PIA! They take the fruit before it even ripens! Our peach trees are long gone but I picked up a pear a few years ago and managed to harvest some last year.

The weekends are my challenge right now - not a lot of structure to the days. Fortunately there's so much yard work to do that my output allows for more calories. Getting some veg seeds started and doing my taxes are on my to do list (again!) for this weekend.
  • jugar
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar
    PW 161.0
    CW 158.2

That's beautiful! You must be feeling it - keep the weekend good and you'll feel even more amazing!

I'm just about to set off - looking forward to getting home!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    Great progress @eggfreak and @lauren_989 ... way to get our Saturday folks off to a great start!

The sun is out... hooray! I have a haircut around lunch and then I'm taking Brad on a surprise date around supper time. Enjoy the day.

4/15 exercise:
    7335 steps + 46 minutes Peloton
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @eggfreak the original 2019 nectarine grew a fruit, but it never got to a reasonable size and the tree was too young to fruit properly so it was unexpected anyway. The graft (nectarine) failed last year but the rootstock survived; luckily I had procrastinated on taking it to the tip and it was growing away in the dark. I think it may be a plum/almond hybrid but right now it has pretty white blossoms and will probably just be a decorative addition to the garden. The peach is still the same one I bought in 2019, and I'm fairly sure it will survive as it has many more leaves left, but it has no blossoms so I don't think we'll get fruit.

Last year I grew tomatoes, peppers and strawberries. This year I'm thinking of adding some salad leaves, using hanging baskets and guttering attached to the fence. I am on the waiting list for an allotment in the village which will give me space to do more. I bought some herbs at the garden centre yesterday to refresh the ones under the kitchen window, and also some seeds for marigolds and sunflowers (as they'll attract predators that eat the aphids on my roses). I treated myself to an orchid too; I think they're stunning. I need a mansion with a huge orangery where I can grow all my house plants safely away from the cats. And an orchard, of course lol. :D

We got out of the escape room yesterday with 3 minutes 14 seconds to spare. It was a good one; quite different to what we'd done before and the caves were cool. Today I've been sort of busy... I had the best intentions and then Spock has been demanding attention from 5.30am all the way though. OH (who left at 6am) is now home, so I'm going to try and get a couple more bits done. My aim is that by the end of Monday, my 'home' to do list will no longer scroll. Unfortunately today I think I've added more than I've taken off!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @jugar

CW 366.8
    At least it wasn't a gain from last week.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    The Week 3 Group Challenge has been posted and starts tomorrow, Sunday, Apr 17th. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10862101/april-week-3-group-challenge-bust-a-move#latest

Jessica
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    I am so truly sorry for another late weigh in 😭 but it is a good one 🥰

PW 222lbs
    CW 218.3 lbs 🥳

I work as a cook in hotel and this weekend we are soooo busy 😱
    Today I cooked for 171 people!
    Me - the main person in charge, another lady helping me, person on washing up and two waitresses! It was busy!!!

Happy Easter everyone ♥️
  • jugar
    Some beautiful losses! Great job @veronica1359 and @ells_bellz - impressive work.

Just 3 more weigh-ins and the week is a wrap!
    @Pearl4686
    @EvMakesChanges
    @bonnie_red
  • jugar
    I am happy to have made it home and that I was able to meet up with my sister @EvMakesChanges on the way. I am tired after just five days of taking care of the 94-year-old dad - it is quite a task, and my hat is off to those of you who do this all the time. You are all heroes.

I am looking forward to getting some sweaty exercise now though - did not get much mileage or effort in this past week - but I'm all ready for the world championship of slo-mo walking with old person and dog!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @jugar glad you made it back!
This discussion has been closed.