Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Booster Juice is a healthy restaurant. I have never had it till recently and found out I really enjoy one of there smoothies and their chicken chipotle wraps.

Today has been a great day! All planned workouts done. Even went for a bike ride and a small walk. Also got some things around the house done. Didn't end up going to work as my clients niece tested positive with COVID and they had been together. Son is here for the weekend. Still have to make 2 batches of hotcross buns tomorrow. Also going to the farmers market in the morning.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,151 Member
    Options
    It's 42 feels like 34 with a high of 57 for today. I AM: I am releasing all my bad thoughts and I feel at peace. Axe Sharpening: You shouldn't be treating your car or house better than you treat your body. You only get one, respect it.~~Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Go exploring around your local area and notice new things. Fitness quote for today: Today, choose to become better and be stronger than yesterday.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: You are capable of more than you think.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,975 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: At home Chest/Back after breakfast.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a beautiful sunny spring day. Although cold this morning. It's been a very crazy busy day. Started the first batch of hotcross buns. Went to the farmers market with my Son, then went to the grocery store. Came home and finished the first batch and did the second batch. As the first batch didn't turn out as I messed up and then burnt them some so had to make a third batch. So I had run back to the store to pick up more supplies. Took my bike that time. Came home and completed my last batch of hotcross buns and of course those turned out the best. It was my first year making them with out Mom. I am happy with how well they turned out. Late afternoon I went to help a neighbor with some typing. Finally getting time to rest. All other exercise is non-existent today.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    9ojhpxo7g66o.jpg

Happy Easter!!! The lilacs are coming out just in time for a centerpiece.

@csequin2: love your bike and so glad that you are enjoying the ride. I also enjoyed hot cross buns today. Congrats that your mom's recipe turned out so well.
    @Dianedoessmiles1: Glad you like JoJo. If my cats find out, they'll be jealous. Izzy has the sweetest eyes.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,024 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, Oh it's hard when I bake and it doesn't come right. Neat on taking your bike to get more supplies! That's great exercise. I am so sorry hon your Mom is gone. No doubt she wanted you to continue on the many traditions you both did together. I think of my Mom on some of things I make too. I hadn't THOUGHT to share the recipes with my brothers (DUH!) until recently including some filled cookies my Grandmother made. LOL that happened on FB next thing I knew more relatives were coming out of the woodwork than if I had won the lottery!

@novembergail,, I ADORE LILACS so much!! Today a friend told me we are WELCOMED to come to their yard and TAKE ALL WE WANT when they come out!! I am so excited!! Hehehehe funny the things that excite us!!

I'm going to see if I can put a video of Izzy in here, if I can't,, I do the picture of the FOOL TODAY!!!
    ALWAYS make sure your pets, This is Izzy ,, get enough fiber.
    vehgeofzyk95.jpg

LOL THE FOOL bites the paper, spits out after, bite after bite. She has WAY TO MUCH FUN!!! I do get laughing at the thing. If you lived around here Gail ,, I'd have you ovah to play with her, but in turn I wanna come and play with your pets there! OH and let's go visit @Katiecondy1 for the farm and @Cheririddell for Lacey oh this list goes on and on and on. OH and to @Cseguin2 house to play with her S dawg also!! ANY OTHERS?
    OH OF COURSE @Kaliswalker 2 dogs, Rebel and Royal.

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 45 feels like 39 with a high of 46 and chances of rain this afternoon. I AM: I know boundaries are considered self care. Axe Sharpening: Thanking your body and mind every morning can change the outcome of your entire day! Your body is a piece of art! Treat it respectfully and take nothing for granted.~~Toni Livers 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Be Active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds. Fitness quote for today: Suck It Up, So One Day You Won't Have To Suck It In.~~unknown Motivational quote for today: Challenges don't stop your growth. On the contrary, they help you bloom.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,112 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Active recovery 45 min ride on Slim Cycle.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Kalis: I am doing okay so far.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cormierannie , HI Annie hope you enjoyed the day!
    @Macrat12,, HI Sarah!! Hope you enjoyed and were able to relax some.
    @Patti241 ,,,, Were you able to get out for a walk today or do something you enjoyed? I did get out for a walk. Though my body was screaming nooooo, we started out to be "just outside." Next thing we knew we were down by the local nursing home. A woman who's more of an Aunt is in there. It's somewhat near Dunkin so as we walked by, I got her a small iced coffee. She was so HAPPY with that!! It was 25 mins down, normally 15, but I just couldn't go fast at all. Of course we walked back, ,,, WOOHOO 50 mins in!! I am hoping before bed to do some stretches so I sleep better.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 it's odd that you mention your kitty and paper, as Amigo loves paper too and pulls it out of recycling, and then shreds it to pieces - usually at night when the humans are sleeping. I looked it up and here's an interesting article about it:
    https://www.thesprucepets.com/reasons-your-cat-eats-paper-5204208
    WELL that's for anyone with a cat.
    @NovemberGail LOVE LOVE LOVE lilacs - I am watching a couple of trees, but no buds yet, soon, it's been too cool a spring here and maybe too wet too, although today was an awesome day. I ment to mention, that if you are posting your pictures off your computer, you might want to try to size them before posting - I usually go to my picture, right click, then open and then in the program that opens, look for a series of dots, ... and then click on then choose resize and then choose the size I want which is usually the size for profile pictures. @Catwmncat taught me that, so I thank her very much ! I hope I explained it as well as she did to me !
    How did everyone do for their first week ?
    Yesterday my son went and bought a rotisierie chicken and took some and ate it but when I went to get some, I noticed it was not cooked, so I took my piece and put it in the micro for a couple of minutes. Later last night, he had food poisoning symptoms. This morning I went to slice up the chicken and sure enough the white meat was pink! So I took a picture and we through the chicken out, went back to the store were we bought it and the manager said he eats chicken like that all the time and my picture was not very good and that I should have brought the chicken back - well I said white meat should be white not PINK .. and it was not cooked. Gene got his money back but it was the manager's attitude that bothered him the most. We did buy another chicken and this one he cut open first - it was cooked properly. Then Gene reported the incident to Vancouver Coastal Health and will let them deal with the store manager. I told Gene to be more careful in the future and if it is pink again they WILL get it back. WE do not live close to this store, its a good 15 minute ride so we don't go often.
    Well that was my excitement at home this weekend, hope you all had a good weekend eh !! May week 2 go well for you !
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I discovered Hershey Syrup Zero Sugar, 5 calories per tbsp. It's fantastic on strawberries as it really sticks to them.
    bh8w1les2gf2.png

Tomorrow we are going to WA for a couple of days. I HATE shopping but I also hate going naked, so I have to buy clothes. I have donated my clothes as I shrunk out of them, and I really need more clothes. Everything I have go with yoga pants or jeans, and I have few of those and very few tops.

Have a great week!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 39 feels like 32 with a high of 58 for today. I AM: I choose to thing positive. Axe Sharpening: What can be measured can be managed.~~Mike Trotter 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class Fitness quote for today: If I fall I rise back up. If I fail I try again.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Just when you think things are ending, the Universe will remind you that this is just the beginning of your story.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,276 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: truck unload this morning then Cross Training Week 1, Day 1 in the gym this afternoon.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: I was able to get a walk in yesterday. It was too cold last night for an evening walk.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Easter was great and busy. Today was another busy day doing 5 tax returns. It snowed today. Got some exercise in the morning. Tomorrow will be another busy day. TOPS in the morning and a meeting in the evening. Probably won't have time to check in.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,, Thought of you today when they mentioned "In Maine we had an extra day to get in our taxes since it's Patriots Day." Maine and Massachusetts are the only states that make it a holiday.
    How much snow did you get? Hope you LOVED your Tuesday!!

LOL Izzy just jumped up ,,, I swear she said "GO TO BED!! I WANT MY TREATS!" LOL
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 36 feels like 34 with a high of 62 for today. I AM: I am better than yesterday. Axe Sharpening: Don't make so many excuses that you start to believe them.~~Elena Lucas 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often. Fitness quote for today: The pain you feel today, will be the strength you feel tomorrow.~~livinpaleo Motivational quote for today: Breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 18,501 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Cross Training Strength Part 2 Week 1, Day 2 in the gym after work.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: We just got rain here but in MD they got the snow especially in the mountains.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    qqxeha2p0m8s.jpg

Can't beat the weather today and the blooming trees. Have a good day everyone!