TEAM: The Belly Flats (May)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,909 Member
    Hi everybody! My name's Krystal. A little about me, I’m 37 years old and a Florida native. Wife and mother to a 16 year old daughter. I love spending time with the fam doing boring day-to-day things together. We love hanging out with our extended family and are always coming up with ways to spend time together(which presents a whole lot of dieting land mines to navigate!!) I also like to watch movies or engulf myself in a good tv show, which I’ve brought into my workout routine. It gives me a nice incentive to keep going on my treadmill..

I was 213lbs at my heaviest when I had breast reduction surgery in 2016. I was pulling my back out and becoming immobile way too often (I’d be out of commission for days on end and it was happening every few months) the surgery helped with some of my back issues and in turn made it easier for me to work out. I mentally started connecting my weight loss with “not being immobile” and that has been my one and only greatest “why” that I have ever truly needed to keep going on this journey. That’s when I started learning about Keto and learned different and creative ways to cook and eat without being so reliant on carbs. In 2018 I actually started using the calorie counter feature in MFP and found this amazing group which helped me break through a huge 170-180lbs plateau that I could never get around!
    I’m 153lbs now and as soon as I see the scale creep up to 160 I come back to this challenge. You would think after 4 years of this same dance I would finally learn my lessons .. but No, apparently I don’t!! Anyway, welcome all our newcomers! Let’s have a great May!!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,181 Member
    Hi everybody. My name is... well, that's obvious isn't it. I'm a bachelor and turning 73 in May. I have successfully lost 100 pounds in the past 22 months, but I'm still at around 29% body fat. My current goal is to get to 220 pounds (100 kg) while gaining back muscle I lost along with the fat during my weight loss.

I've been floating between 222 and 230 since New Year's Eve. At several times in my life, I've gotten down to 218. While I'm sure I had more fat than I needed at those times, I was nevertheless quite active and in good shape otherwise. So, you'd think 220 is an achievable goal. Why is it that, having lost over 90 pounds in one year, I now can't seem to lose 10 pounds in four months? I've been reflecting on this lately, and I know why.

When I started my weight loss journey in July of 2020, I weighed 330 pounds and was at ~50% body fat. I couldn't walk more than half a block before hip and/or knee pain set in and breathing became more difficult. That was a strong motivator for me to get serious about weight loss. I set a goal to lose 2 pounds/week, allowed myself a treat once a week if and only if I lost that 2 pounds, focused on giving up immediate gratification for long term health/fitness. My focus was always on that point in the future when I would achieve my goal. It worked!

I still have fat I could lose, so what's different now? Now, I'm quite happy with my fitness, my mobility and my improving balance and flexibility, thanks to yoga and Pilates. While I'd like to lose more fat, I'm less concerned about that than I am my fitness. I'm feeling ready to have some adventures that were impossible two years ago. So I've lost the incentive I had before, lost that focus on some distant goal. Healthwise, although I have more fat than is ideal, my visceral adipose tissue is at a good level.

So, I am contemplating setting 220 as my goal weight, with maintenance between 215 and 225. Hopefully, even while maintaining, I can burn fat and add muscle. My lean body mass is currently about 160. If I can get that up to 165, then I will be at 25% body fat at 220 pounds. I can live with that, literally and figuratively.

Good luck to everyone on a successful May, whatever your goals.
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Username: TypingToaster
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 328.5
    Current weight: 326.8
  • HorsesRock9999
    HorsesRock9999 Posts: 222 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hi!

I am new to the group! My name is Rebecca and was at my goal weight of 127. I held steady during holidays/Christmas, however, since January have put on some weight I look forward to losing.

I love giving encouragement and support to others. I am looking forward to meeting my new teammates!

Hence my username I love HORSES!!

8qlf9omvwuxa.jpeg

Weigh-in Day: Thursday

Starting Weight: 134.9
    Goal Weight: 127
  • Krysless2
    How to make The Biggest Loser Challenge more “user-friendly”
      • Don’t keep losing us!! If you’re here reading this now go ahead and bookmark this thread at the top right of the page; then we will always appear in your “bookmarks”. Once you’re in MFP and have clicked on “Community”, you’re “Bookmarks” will be on the Community’s landing page. You’ll also be able to click your profile picture and find “notifications” from your book marked pages.
      • Want to respond directly to what someone posted? At the bottom of their post click “quote”, scroll down and you’ll see their message prefilled in your text box and you’ll respond below their quotation.
      • Need to get someone’s attention? When you’re typing out your post you can put an @ symbol in front of their username and that will tag the person, they’ll then see a red “notification” when they go to click on their profile picture to get to their bookmarks.
      • Still confused? Its ok! Tag me or better yet! Click on my name next to this post. Go to my profile picture and send me a friend request then you can send me a message or look at my food diary, or just be my friend!

Oh yeah and Welcome!!! 🤗
    • HorsesRock9999
      Here are my daily goals!

@HorsesRock9999 🐎 🐎 ❤️ 🐎 🐎
      1) Spiritual - Bible You Version App
      2) Follow WkOut Plan (Peloton/Horseback riding and Strength)
      Monday: Peloton & Horseback riding
      Tuesday: Peloton & Strength
      Wednesday: Peloton & Strength
      Thursday: Horseback riding
      Friday: Peloton & Strength
      Saturday: Peloton & Strength
      Sunday: Horseback riding
      3) Weigh Daily
      4) Post All FOOD in MFP
      5) No Drinking Wine w/Dinner or after. :)
    • WA_Teacher
      WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
      Happy May Day Team!
      I teach fifth grade and the majority of my time is spent working on some type of prep for school or grading. So, I don’t give myself the time I need for my health. This month I will do my best to tighten up my exercise routine and eating habits. My current goals are to workout at least 4 times a week and drink at least 64 ounces of water daily.

May 1st
      WA_Teacher
      Previous Weight: 232.8
      Current Weight: 232.5
    • frankwbrown
      frankwbrown Posts: 12,181 Member
      Daily Post: Sunday, May 1

Track: Yes
      Calories: Yes
      Exercise: Yes (🚶‍♂️4.74 mi/95 min;💪33 min;👣13,000 steps)
    • dheliason
      dheliason Posts: 316 Member
      dheliason
      May week 1 (Monday)
      PW: 159.1
      CW: 159.4
    • Krysless2
      edited June 2022
      ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS
      We are going to be running a daily post challenge or MUAC(Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge) Based on another MFP Challenge called the UAC

Participation in this challenge is optional but highly encouraged for the following reasons:
      - Helps to keep your goals in focus daily
      - Motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team
      - Many of us who participate and have successfully lost weight, m would all agree that the daily posting MUAC really is the key!

The way it works: 
      #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
      #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
      #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
      #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".
      Our weeks always start on Sunday so we start tracking tomorrow. Sunday, June5th 😉

Your posts should look like this:
      Daily Post (Sunday)
      Track: Yes/no
      Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
      Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
      Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
      Krysless2
      Week 1
      PW =(previous weight)
      CW=(current weight)

Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
    • HorsesRock9999
      Awesome! I look forward joining the Winner’s Circle!

Daily Post: Sunday - May 1 🌺

Track: Yes ✅
      Calories: No 👎
      Exercise: No Rest Day 🛌
      Exercise Plan for the week:
      Monday: Peloton - 45 Mins
      Tuesday: Peloton - 40 Mins / Strength - 30 Mins (Pilates, Barre or..)
      Wednesday: Peloton - 40 Mins / Strength - 30 Mins (Pilates, Barre or..)
      Thursday: Horseback Riding 🐎
      Friday: Peloton - 40 Mins / Strength - 30 Mins (Pilates, Barre or..)
      Saturday: Peloton - 30 Mins / Strength - 30 Mins (Pilates, Barre or..)Horseback Riding 🐎
      Goals/Day/Comments: Sunday’s are a day off from exercise. I did go over my calorie goals with us having a treat last night: Indian Food 🥘 fantastic, however, outside of my calorie and sodium goals…
    • Stimpy56
      Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
      edited May 2022
      MAY 1st
      Track: Yes
      Calories: Under daily goal.
      Exercise: Yes - I worked outside in the garden. It was a beautiful weekend to be outside.
    • Krysless2
      edited May 2022
      0y55jn2twyoh.png
      xfssjg3xj6t3.jpg
      Week 4 Winners (posted 6-7 times):
      @frankwbrown (7of 7days)

This Week's Honorable Mentions (5of 7days):
      @looneycatblue

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886mrjqfdnvwzcasbipsmpr3h6krajroevdswhwu7i9&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Click here >>Week 4 Results
      >>April FINALE Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
      1st - @dngerr. - 1.61%
      2nd - @TypingToaster. - 0.45%
      3rd - @SaraIsZen. - 0.40%

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867893g37ef2bbtxkh66m7ww9ivaf81a13fodfgwv6&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

APRIL’s FINAL Team line-up
      1st - The Slimsons
      2nd -
      3rd -
      All the teams didn’t lose as a whole so that’s why all the teams didn’t “place”
      giphy.gif?cid=5e214886492a73hr7ey6rtx1kl6a0rcm0susxb2drjde28kn&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Let’s step it UP for May, shall we?!?

• looneycatblue
      looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
      I am not so new to this group, but I seem to keep moving in and out of being active, lurking, or not even logging in. :D My main goal, (besides losing weight and feeling better), is BALANCE!

A little about me, I am 63 years young, I have 2 adult sons, a step-daughter, and a wonderful husband. I work full-time in accounting with an hour long commute, each way 5 days a week. I also have a few side jobs that keep me very busy on the weekends, and many early mornings before heading out for my regular job.

So besides being very busy, and having a mostly sedentary day from driving and computer work, I have to work hard at fitting in at least a morning walk. I love my walks, they don't feel like a chore to me... just need to wake up early enough to fit it in. B)

Another side to the balancing act is to make sure that I come here and fill in my food journal, need to stay accountable. So here I am, joining all of you on this journey to a healthier lifestyle! <3
    • looneycatblue
      looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
      It is great to see our group growing! Let's have a terrific May!

@Krysless2
      @frankwbrown
      @TypingToaster
      @HorsesRock9999
      @WA_Teacher
      @dngerr
      @Stimpy56

• Colleen790
      Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
      Hi I have been with this group for quite a while. I am a Medical receptionist and recently turned 62. I have 3 children and six grandchildren which I babysit on my days off. 4 of them are boys ranging from 3 months to 4 years, so I get plenty of exercise when they’re around. I have had past success sticking with this group basically just because of the accountability factor. My main problem is keeping the weight off. I can lose it but I seem to let things slide around the Holiday seasons and undo all my good work. I sometimes medicate anxiety with food etc. I have had Covid in March which I’ve recovered from but have had a sore throat and lethargy recently so I’m cautious about pushing myself with exercise at this point. I hope to be able to get back to an exercise routine soon.
    • NRTyreman
      NRTyreman Posts: 84 Member
      Hi All,

Thought I'd check in after a busy bank holiday weekend! I was here a couple of months ago when I managed to get from 220b to 160lb or so! Christmas and the sad season has seen my weight creep back up to 175lb. I only stopped last year as loosing 60lb in less than 6 months resulted in a few side effects that needed addressing once I reached a normal BMI.

This time I am hoping to reach 145lb, I've struggled getting back into the swing of things so hoping this group will get me on track again like last year! The daily tracker was huge motivator for sure so will be checking in daily from here on out!

May Goals:
      - Between 1000 - 1500 Cals a day
      - 10k Steps
      - Track everyday!

• Krysless2
      edited May 2022
      Monday(Wk1; Day 2)
      • Tracked / Under / Exercise?
        Yes / Yes / Yes
      • NetCalories: 1291
      • NetCarbs: 20