Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited June 2022
    @izzyred9400
    Lovely pictures! I can imagine it is really hard to find a balance when on vacation. I am one of those rare people who doesn't enjoy alcohol at all, so I would just go for all the food! Seems more worth it to me than drinking a bunch of empty calories.
    @Susanna527
    Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed the pictures. Phew, I can't imagine having to work out in a mask! That alone would have been enough for me to throw in the towel. Thankfully they never went that far here; you just had to wear one when you came in and when you left. Youtube videos can be really fun too, I also did that for a while and will probably do that again when the weather is bad. Nice loss this week. Stopping emotional eating is really difficult so I applaud you.
    @JenHul
    Nice loss and steps! I hope you will have a lovely time camping.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    Hi SS... You have a new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @Bumblesandbees :)

Welcome @Bumblesandbees to our team. I see that your starting weight is fairly low so I would like to check and see if perhaps you reported in kgs rather than lbs? Please advise as we always request our weights be reported as pounds to be consistent. I will need to correct the table so please urgently advise. Again welcome to the team and good luck for July!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 264 Member
    Hello to all and welcome @Bumblesandbees. We are inching closer to month-end. Let's make this week a great one.

@jessicakrall - Thank you for keeping track of us all. You are very much appreciated. I'll be out camping this weekend Friday -Monday, let me know if I can weigh-in early Friday morning before we head out or If I should skip this week, my weigh-in day is Saturday.
    My steps update (daily goal: 6,000) :
    6/16 - 7,687
    6/17 - 7,281
    6/18 - 7,734
    6/19 - 8,645

@frankwbrown - great step count

@angmarie28 - all that flooding sounds terrifying. Praying the situation gets better.

@izzyred9400 - wow! what gorgeous bougainvillea's 💜

@Susanna527 - great loss. keep it up.

@JenHul - enjoy your trip. I'm also going camping this weekend for 4 days. I can't wait to be out in nature and a body of water 💦🚣🏼‍♀️.
  • jessicakrall8
    @angmarie28 I'm so sorry about the flooding...a few years ago, my brother and his wife (now deceased) lost their home and nearly everything in the flooding in Kentucky...it's heart breaking! Hope all of your family is ok!

@JenHul and @Susanna527 NICE LOSSES this week! WTG ladies!!

@izzyred9400 I'm not even mad at ya gal!! Thanks for sharing...it looks simply stunning where you are...hope you're enjoying yourself immensely!

Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Hello to all and welcome @Bumblesandbees. We are inching closer to month-end. Let's make this week a great one.

@jessicakrall - Thank you for keeping track of us all. You are very much appreciated. I'll be out camping this weekend Friday -Monday, let me know if I can weigh-in early Friday morning before we head out or If I should skip this week, my weigh-in day is Saturday.
    My steps update (daily goal: 6,000) :
    6/16 - 7,687
    6/17 - 7,281
    6/18 - 7,734
    6/19 - 8,645

You are too sweet @Yukie_OP ...thank you for your kind words! Go ahead and weigh in on Friday and post and I'll get it recorded for ya...enjoy your trip! Hope it's not too hot where you are on those days...have fun! Thanks for letting me know in advance!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    If I were to set up a video chat on messenger video for Friday evening at 7pm ET, would anyone want to get together and just chat? Might be a nice way to end the week! Thoughts??
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    If I were to set up a video chat on messenger video for Friday evening at 7pm ET, would anyone want to get together and just chat? Might be a nice way to end the week! Thoughts??
    Jessica

I'm on vacation so probly not this week
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    Steps:
    6/18 10,326
    6/19 11,630
    6/20 4,080
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Jessica

I'm in :) This would be the first time in all the years on MFP that I'd see other members, which would be so cool! What do you use for messenger chat. Does MFP have a video messaging service?
  • Susanna527
    Good morning Shapeshifters! Wishing you all a wonderful day :) Quick question - can anyone send me the link to find the chart with our steps? I've used the search button, checked my bookmarks, but I can't seem to find it....xufh7xp5noos.jpg
  • Susanna527
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Steps 19 June: 17.537
    Hello Shape Shifters. I had a fairly quiet Sunday. It had cooled down quite a bit which was really nice. I went for a short walk around the fields here in the afternoon. It was a bit cloudy and I was afraid it would rain, so I left my camera at home. I saw some nice things, so that was too bad. My phone does a really bad job when it comes to taking pictures, but I did take some. I especially enjoyed the lone mushroom in the middle of June.
    I am still worried about Tinus. I feel like his walking just keeps getting worse and the medication doesn't seem to help anymore. It also feels like there is nothing I can do about it; he got checked by the vet twice, so there is nothing left to do. I may still contact them sometime this week just to get their thoughts. I hate seeing him in pain.
    Happy Monday everyone <3

51l4762orrar.jpg

My heart goes out to you for Tinus...Hoping he feels some ease from the pain. Love the image of the lone mushroom in the field <3
  • Susanna527
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @izzyred9400
    Lovely pictures! I can imagine it is really hard to find a balance when on vacation. I am one of those rare people who doesn't enjoy alcohol at all, so I would just go for all the food! Seems more worth it to me than drinking a bunch of empty calories.
    @Susanna527
    Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed the pictures. Phew, I can't imagine having to work out in a mask! That alone would have been enough for me to throw in the towel. Thankfully they never went that far here; you just had to wear one when you came in and when you left. Youtube videos can be really fun too, I also did that for a while and will probably do that again when the weather is bad. Nice loss this week. Stopping emotional eating is really difficult so I applaud you.
    @JenHul
    Nice loss and steps! I hope you will have a lovely time camping.

Not so "rare" :) I don't enjoy alcohol at all - I haven't had an alcoholic drink in over 8+ years, and it was only because my ex begged me to have a drink with them - barely took a sip. My friends all say I'd be a "cheap date" because I don't even drink soda when dining out - only water. But they all seem to love gorgeous, fancy drinks - at $15/drink - way too pricey on my frugal budget :)
  • Pupowl
  • Pupowl
    Steps 20 June: 23.868
    Hello Shape Shifters. I got quite the number of steps on Monday and I didn't even feel like I did a lot! I started my day with an early walk. I have to give credit to @jessicakrall8 for this. I was super exhausted and my head hurt a lot when I woke up, so I had zero motivation to go walk. I had already put on my normal clothes instead of hiking pants; I was pretty set on not going. And then I got an invite on fitbit from you to do a bingo challenge which seemed like fun and this pushed me over into going out for a walk anyway, so thank you! Besides my head, my body felt pretty good and the walk was nice.
    My garden is finally getting some flowers now. I noticed a hummingbird moth visiting a few times, and yesterday she showed up again while I was out with Tinus. So I ran inside to grab my camera to take some pictures. They are really hard to photograph because they are a bit like butterflies on crack; super duper fast. Thankfully I managed to get a good picture. I was really excited about that since they aren't that common here. Pictures of the walk and moth under the spoiler. :smiley:
    Happy Tuesday everyone <3
    cuwVRxA.jpg
    cTO7EcS.jpg
    ud74Xkv.jpg
    yLeVMUp.jpg
    XgbksQs.jpg
    EiLioYN.jpg
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Step Goal 14k

6/17 - 8679
    6/18 - 14610
    6/19 - 11228
    6/20 - 15352
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 - Step Count:
    6/15 - 5000
    6/16 - 5000
    6/17 - 5000
    6/18 - didn't do step video today: 0
    6/19 - didn't do step video today: 0
    6/20 - 5000
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    Hi SS...Another new member joining your wonderful team .. Please welcome @Nataliewr0403 :)
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    @jessicakrall8, thanks for working with me. Below are my last two weigh-ins. I haven't been out for a couple weeks so no steps to report.

AC204
    Friday
    6/17
    CW 192
    PW 192.6

6/10
    CW 192.6
    PW 193
  • Susanna527
    lr2rbn3wla7a.png

Welcome @Nataliewr0403! :)