Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Susanna527 wrote: »
    If I were to set up a video chat on messenger video for Friday evening at 7pm ET, would anyone want to get together and just chat? Might be a nice way to end the week! Thoughts??
    Jessica

I'm in :) This would be the first time in all the years on MFP that I'd see other members, which would be so cool! What do you use for messenger chat. Does MFP have a video messaging service?

Hi @Susanna527 I have an iPad and I'll just go in about ten til 7 and start a video chat and send you guys the link. It's just Messenger video, that's all I know. I used it a lot for my virtual piano lessons when I was teaching. Perhaps I should use Zoom since there will be multiple people logging in...this might be trial and error...unless there are a couple of people on Thurs night who could help me test the two and see which is better?? If we can get the hang of it, perhaps we could do it once a month or every other month...might be fun.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi SS...Another new member joining your wonderful team .. Please welcome @Nataliewr0403 :)

1pl608fq2d21.jpg
    Welcome @Nataliewr0403 to our team! We're happy you found us. I'm Jessica, your Captain. On behalf of the whole team and our motivators, @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28, please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you in your journey.

Take a minute and go back to page 1 of this thread and read through our FAQ file which answers a lot of basic questions for our new members. Then read through some of the chat which will help you get to know us. After that, take a few minutes and introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Can't wait to see what you accomplish in July!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,035 Member
    Hi SS..Another new member joining your team .... Please welcome @laguera148 :)
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    My steps,it's going to be 30 degrees + today here in Paros so think I will under an umbrella & standing in the sea.🌞🔥
    6/19 13,221
    6/20 7,743
    6/21 4,821
    A nice idea @jessicakrall8 but my WiFi is not very efficient but if it becomes a regular thing it would be good to join in next time.
    Welcome to the team @Nataliewr0403 & @laguera148 😍
    A beautiful sunset last night.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    xqpcruy1neoy.png
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Welcome @laguera148 :)15viu86ua3hw.jpg
  • Susanna527
    xqpcruy1neoy.png

That is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing :)
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 wrote: »
    If I were to set up a video chat on messenger video for Friday evening at 7pm ET, would anyone want to get together and just chat? Might be a nice way to end the week! Thoughts??
    Jessica

I'm in :) This would be the first time in all the years on MFP that I'd see other members, which would be so cool! What do you use for messenger chat. Does MFP have a video messaging service?

Hi @Susanna527 I have an iPad and I'll just go in about ten til 7 and start a video chat and send you guys the link. It's just Messenger video, that's all I know. I used it a lot for my virtual piano lessons when I was teaching. Perhaps I should use Zoom since there will be multiple people logging in...this might be trial and error...unless there are a couple of people on Thurs night who could help me test the two and see which is better?? If we can get the hang of it, perhaps we could do it once a month or every other month...might be fun.

Jessica

Hi Jessica - I can help you test it out. I'm free most evenings. You can PM me with the details and let me know the time - you are EDT, correct? :) Have a great day! I hope others can join in on Friday night - it would be great to actually get to meet!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Steps
    6/21 12,175

No weigh in this week- I have no scale as I'm on vacation
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I'm happy to join the meeting on Friday
    Sorry I haven't been on much this week, busy father's day on Sunday. I ate too much unhealthy food and had too many cocktails. Monday was rough, so was Tuesday morning actually. This getting old stuff stinks =(

Has anyone traveled to Jamaica much? I'm thinking of going there for my 40th. I typically do southern vacations to Mexico or Florida.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,035 Member
    Good Morning SS.. You have another new member joining your team .. Please welcome @cosmiccurves :)
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Hello everyone!! My name is Courtney and I am new to the group and will be joining in with y'all for the July challenge, and hopefully many more to come!

I am a mom of three boys and a wife to my best friend and nerdy partner in crime! I have over 100 lbs to lose and am working really hard to get back to a healthy weight in order to keep up with my very active family. We are a bunch of nerds that love to be outside, hiking, camping, build with legos, play video games, do cool arts and crafts and science experiments, and much more!

Some of my stats:
    Height: 5'4"
    Starting Weight: 320 lbs
    Current Weight: 290.2 lbs
    Goal Weight: 220 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 180 lbs

I'm so excited to be here and joining an awesome team!! I cannot wait to get started with you all!
  • Susanna527
    Hello everyone!! My name is Courtney and I am new to the group and will be joining in with y'all for the July challenge, and hopefully many more to come!

I am a mom of three boys and a wife to my best friend and nerdy partner in crime! I have over 100 lbs to lose and am working really hard to get back to a healthy weight in order to keep up with my very active family. We are a bunch of nerds that love to be outside, hiking, camping, build with legos, play video games, do cool arts and crafts and science experiments, and much more!

Some of my stats:
    Height: 5'4"
    Starting Weight: 320 lbs
    Current Weight: 290.2 lbs
    Goal Weight: 220 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 180 lbs

I'm so excited to be here and joining an awesome team!! I cannot wait to get started with you all!

l7u8hpb0klob.png
  • Susanna527
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 I'm happy to join the meeting on Friday
    Sorry I haven't been on much this week, busy father's day on Sunday. I ate too much unhealthy food and had too many cocktails. Monday was rough, so was Tuesday morning actually. This getting old stuff stinks =(

Has anyone traveled to Jamaica much? I'm thinking of going there for my 40th. I typically do southern vacations to Mexico or Florida.

Getting old????? I just turned 60 last month....can't believe it! They say getting old ain't for sissies, LOL!!! :)
  • jessicakrall8
    zbvmefev93i9.jpg
    Welcome to our team @Nataliewr0403 , @laguera148 , and @cosmiccurves ! Glad you all found us! Take a few minutes and go back to pg 1 of this thread and read or FAQ file which will answer a LOT of basic questions about our team. Let me know if you have other questions and we'll endeavor to find answers for you.

I'm Jessica, your Captain. On behalf of our whole team and our motivators @angmarie28 and @PatriceFitnessPal we hope you find inspiration here with us. Let us know what we can do to better motivate you and keep you on track. If you haven't already done so, please introduce yourself to the team and tell us a little about what you hope to achieve in July and beyond.

Again welcome and I look forward to getting to know you more in the coming weeks and months!
    Jessica :smile:
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    @Pupowl those are beautiful photos, I would have a hard time stopping my walk lol!!

Thank you for all the warm welcomes everyone!! I'm so happy to be here!
  • jessicakrall8
    @pupowl You should be selling those pictures online my friend...I think you're a famous photographer just hiding out so your fans won't bug you! LOL Loved the video too...wish we lived closer, I'd walk with ya!!! Apologies to you for getting behind in recording your steps. I'll be honest, I get so happy to click on your SPOILER to see the pictures, that I forget you always start your posts with your steps! Forgive me, I just love your pictures!!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @Susanna527 @PatriceFitnessPal and anyone who can help me test the connection, please do so. Here’s the link in messenger as chat is open…thanks
    https://msngr.com/ikosxmpexofm
This discussion has been closed.