Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    Let’s hear your latest Non Scale Victory (NSV)

I walked from my car to work (10 min walk) without getting winded. I usually take the shuttle bus in the mornings because I don't like getting all sweaty before work, but I had just missed it! After work, it depends on the weather. Nice weather I walk, bad weather I ride. haha
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Wednesday, Downsizers! I'm here for a quick check-in - life has definitely been crazy for me - thankfully, I've been able to stay on-track with my eating - although, my exercise has definitely not been happening.

PW: 138.1
    CW: 137
    SW: 250

I hope you have all been doing well!

Cara
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 869 Member
    Steps 6/28: 18,128
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good morning everyone. Have a wonderful humpday.
    Check in for 6/28
    Steps - 14178. Returning to form quickly. Just need the distance now.
    Calories- 1928. Surprisingly low. Woohoo.
    Exercise - walk in the evening. 1 hr 29 min. Got chased home by darkness. Next time I need to leave a bit earlier or take a flashlight.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member

xkq3cn2qk6nc.jpeg

I have increased my distance in walking ..today we walked 240 minutes :)
  • My last dietitian appointment was about reducing cholesterol. It was eye opening to so many things I needed to be doing different. I have never tried Pilates. Do you do videos or go to a gym to do it?

Hi, im not overly sure how to answer messages on here so i copied and pasted, i joined a class a few years ago after i slipped a disc in my back and it really helped to strengthen my abs and that helped with my back pain, but during lockdown i wasn't going and i havent re-joined, i still remember the exercises so I still do them myself indoors. I think i go a bit too easy on myself though, i might rejoin the class soon
    If you use the quote button you can quote somebody and reply

Ah ok didnt see that 😆 thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    qxzu27n2zc7y.jpg

JUNE WEEK 4 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 159,261 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 112,866 steps
    3rd @Jpedno 81,416 steps
    4th @lindamtuck2018 61, 883 steps
    5th @MadDuck62 56,782 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 624,127 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindatuck2018 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 6/7
    @Jpedno 6/7
    @aactuallyaash 3/7
    @888Angie888 6/7
    @MadDuck62 7/7
    @laura9400 1/7
    @aneedlecraft 1/7
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)

xsmbvs35j79i.jpg
    JUNE GRAND FINALE
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 617,420 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 470,236 steps
    3rd @Morethanjustanumber 299,423 steps
    4th @MadDuck62 234,138 steps
    5th @lindamtuck2018 231,978 steps
    As A Group We Walked 2,642,562 steps
    CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE :):):):):):)

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 6/27
    Step count 5047

Date 6/28
    Step count 7321

• IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member

xkq3cn2qk6nc.jpeg

My NSV is that I managed to reach my targets in Samsung Health 3 days in a row. It's been a while, since I managed this B)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    MadDuck62 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 325???
    CW: 317

Kind of a weird few weeks. I was 321 two weeks ago, then 325 last week, largely due to a medication issue (and natural water weight gain from too much weekend partying). I'm now doing my weigh-ins on Wednesdays (mitigating the impact of weekend parties) and the medication issue is behind me. So it's a 8 lb loss from last week, but a 4 lb loss from two weeks ago, which sounds about right for how much I'm eating and exercising.

In addition to the walking (7500+ steps and 30+ heart points per day), I'm slowly integrating some exercise at home via YouTube videos.

Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone! I'm back on track to meet my goals!

Great loss ...You are doing great :)
  • IP2021 wrote: »

Ive been climbing the stairs to the tower block at work instead of taking the lift, and parking further away from work so i need to walk further.
    New low cholesterol diet going well - ive completely eliminated all trans fats so far this week.
    Feeling better already 🎉

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. The heat here is finally going to break. Woohoo.
    Check in for 6/29:
    Steps - 12825.
    Calories - 2050. Another good day.
    Exercise - no set exercise, but nice slow walk/shopping/research trip in the heat. About 3 miles but slow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    edited June 2022

xkq3cn2qk6nc.jpeg

I stopped eating potato chips during the week. This is a big step for me. I was allowing myself a snack bag size (150 calories) size chips every night. I switched it to just weekends. I eventually want to cut it out all together. I replaced the chips with rice cakes so I get something crunchy. At 35 calories per cake and getting rid of the fat I call it a win. The rice cakes are a bit bland but I am getting used to them.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2022

I walked from my car to work (10 min walk) without getting winded. I usually take the shuttle bus in the mornings because I don't like getting all sweaty before work, but I had just missed it! After work, it depends on the weather. Nice weather I walk, bad weather I ride. haha

Great NSV!

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday, Downsizers! I'm here for a quick check-in - life has definitely been crazy for me - thankfully, I've been able to stay on-track with my eating - although, my exercise has definitely not been happening.

PW: 138.1
    CW: 137
    SW: 250

I hope you have all been doing well!

Cara

You are staying in your maintenance zone so that is great news. I hope things slow down and we get to see you more often.

Steps 6/28: 18,128

You keep killing it on the steps.

xkq3cn2qk6nc.jpeg

I have increased my distance in walking ..today we walked 240 minutes :)

Got to love these NSV! Keep up the walking. 🚶

MadDuck62 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 325???
    CW: 317

Kind of a weird few weeks. I was 321 two weeks ago, then 325 last week, largely due to a medication issue (and natural water weight gain from too much weekend partying). I'm now doing my weigh-ins on Wednesdays (mitigating the impact of weekend parties) and the medication issue is behind me. So it's a 8 lb loss from last week, but a 4 lb loss from two weeks ago, which sounds about right for how much I'm eating and exercising.

In addition to the walking (7500+ steps and 30+ heart points per day), I'm slowly integrating some exercise at home via YouTube videos.

Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone! I'm back on track to meet my goals!

Awesome loss! It’s nice having that whoosh. I weigh in on Fridays to allow an weekend water weight to get out of my system. I started this many years ago during my weight watchers days. What kind of YouTube exercise videos are you doing?

IP2021 wrote: »

xkq3cn2qk6nc.jpeg

My NSV is that I managed to reach my targets in Samsung Health 3 days in a row. It's been a while, since I managed this B)

Awesome NSV! I find my Apple Watch daily goals help me. I try my best to close my rings everyday.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. The heat here is finally going to break. Woohoo.
    Check in for 6/29:
    Steps - 12825.
    Calories - 2050. Another good day.
    Exercise - no set exercise, but nice slow walk/shopping/research trip in the heat. About 3 miles but slow.

We are back to the heat. I love opening the windows and turning off the air conditioning. Awesome steps Roger! Where are you planning to go on your trip?
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2022
    Exercise: mini walks

Yesterday was a telephone day and today might not be much better. I have my wireless account fixed and my new iPhone should be here by tomorrow. Now onto airline issues. Air Canada is cancelling flights in the next 2 months. I can’t retrieve our flight bookings online so I am waiting for a callback from the airline. Keep your fingers crossed that our flights are ok. I really want to see my granddaughters from Scotland. Depending on when they call back I will either do mini walks or the pool. Let you know tomorrow. 😉

I loved reading all the NSVs. We tend to focus so much on that scale number. There are so many areas we can measure our success.
  • 888Angie888
    Steps 6/29: 17,504
  • 888Angie888
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 220.2
    CW: 218.2
    🙂
This discussion has been closed.