Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,402 Member
    happy wednesday everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i got in my strength training workout earlier this morning. i will be doing some dancing in the evening. later on this afternoon my daughter and i are going on a university tour. she wants to check out a few different universities that offer the programs that she is interested in taking. then there are two more different university tours coming up in august that we are registered for. there is another university tour that she would like to go on, but it is out of town and not a straight route to get to by transit. she will look into it again, and if she finds a way to get there by transit, then she will let me know and she will book the tour for that one as well. in september, she will be in grade 12. sometimes it just feels like yesterday when she was starting school for the first time. where did the time go? she is such a smart, sweet, caring, considerate, kind young lady. i got my volunteer package for the tennis tournament yesterday. i am all set for when the tennis tournament starts here next saturday. the tops and jacket i got are really nice and fit very well. i even got a nice hat and a nice water bottle, too. now i am pretty much all set for the tennis tournament. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a truly great day! All workouts were completed including a bike ride that I didn't do yesterday. The rain today was helpful for plants but not the humidity. Got a few chores done as well as played a game with Hubby. Feeling really tired but doing my best to keep from snacking for no reason. Woke up early this morning and wasn't feeling well but didn't let it stop me.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,998 Member
    edited July 2022
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, was the dryer fixed? Ohhh we love our modern gadgets as long as they work. Lol lol I'm almost,, almost on my knees for my AC. Love this thing!! If one needs a new one I purchased it in January saved $100! Tabatha ,, I'd easily wait until September.
    @Cormierannie ,,, Its such a sweet and sad time when the kids are about grown up. We go through the "this will be last time she,,, " thing. Looking back so happy I enjoyed every single moment, the hard times I didn't enjoy, but yet, looking back,, golly I'd not of traded those either. They helped her to be who she is today. She's also a very loving, caring (now Mom too! WOOHOO the little guy is WAY TO CUTE!) smart young lady. It's fun looking what they want to do. It can be challenging at times, but yet still fun. Made me remember as I went through that also. Hope she finds what she's looking for. I wish we could go back,,, I did accounting, enjoyed it, but if it was todays time, I'd of done electrical or plumbing!! Those just REALLY appeal to me, as well as auto mechanic!! ENJOY the tennis tournament!! Sounds like it'll be very nice.
    @Cseguin2 ,, You've done so much more than I did. Also woke up feeling BLLLAHHHHHHHHHH and so far only 10 mins of exercise. HOPEFULLY later I'll do a little more. Great job doing yours. Glad you got the bike ride done!! Oh that humidity is coming back tomorrow!! Soon though it'll be over!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,002 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are doing well. I am doing pretty good. My dryer is fixed. It did not cost a lot to fix it so that is good. It could have been worse. I have 2 days left of work and everything is going well. I am ready to call it a week. I hope we have a good rest of the week.

@cormierannie - My son decided to forego college this year. I am sad that I did not get to do the college visits.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sorry you were not feeling well. I am glad to see that it did not slow you down. It sounds like you got a lot done today.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It did get fixed. It was a minimal cost to have dry clothes. $122.10 Not that bad. It could have been worse.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,959 Member
    Good morning everyone. Another hot day on tap
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,372 Member
    bwfbdte59d24.jpg
  • cormierannie
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful day here today! my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. i have a bag ready to take of extra clothes, to the clothing drop box near my place. i will do that later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another great day! All planned workouts done. Even played Wii sports with Hubby for a couple of hours. To get extra movement I marching in place when it's not my turn. My hips, knee's and back are definitely feeling the extra movement. Also got some chores done.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, WOW That's a FANTASTIC Price!! NICELY DONE!! Hope today was a lovely day off from work (A WIN WIN!)
    @Patti241 ,, UGH on the HOT days!!! Ohhhh I am looking forward to 3 weeks from now which is the week we generally start to see temps slowly going down. They'll excel on going down around the 3rd week of Sept. YEAH YEAH!!! End of October start of November,,, SMILE will be looking for warmer clothing!! Be nice if the weather where you are, would be so nice.
    @Kurtize ,,
    rihh38k6bt59.png
    @Cormierannie,, WOOHOO Love the happiest of all days!!! Many of us are so fortunate in that our days are wicked good!! Even though I live in chronic pain and the foot pain added, life is AWESOME! ENJOY the dancing etc. TY TY TY for helping others with the clothing.
    @Cseguin2 ,, OH I WISH I could hook up my Wii again!! OH I CAN!! I just need to look up to see which wires go to what. I "Think" I may be missing a wire, but they are a dime a dozen to find. WTG!! I DO MISS playing it!! I also have an Atari system!! LOL PAC MAN!! FROGGER!!
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is going to be a good day. I am hoping that today improved for my boyfriend. He is having a rough morning. Today is hoping to be better for him.

@cormierannie - You must be doing some serious decluttering. That is awesome. I did some massive decluttering recently.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is good that you are getting extra movement. I am sorry it is making you so sore.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,488 Member
    Happy Friday y'all! And cheep cheep to the budgies! Hope everyone has a great day! 🌞🐦
  • Patti241
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! woo hoo! it's the weekend! my daughter says hi to everyone! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout this morning and i feel great! i went for a walk earlier this afternoon. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on to the 80's. i will be going tomorrow with my daughter to the big reference library here in the city. there are some items she wants to read and she wants to spend some time there just exploring the library. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hope you enjoyed the work day. If you are seeing this on Saturday ,, WOOHOO!! ENJOY!!
    @Daffygirl88 ,,, ENJOY ENJOY!! May it be a wonderful relaxing day
    @Patti241,,, HI Patti!!! You'd like it here today with the low humidity it's still warm, but ahhh easier to deal with.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I think the pain was mainly from my bike ride on Wednesday. Still sore but not as bad.

Today was a gorgeous day. All workouts completed with some extra walking to run a couple errands. Also watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition and visited with my friend. Today's food choices have been really bad. Tomorrow is a new day. The heat is coming, the heat is coming! Could see a high of 36°C this coming week. Not sure how it will affect my planned exercise for the week. All I can do is my best.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, Glad the pain is getting better WOOHOO on such a good day for exercise, and being with a friend. SO COOL how much that really does help. Ehhh you'll turn the food choices right around, now and than we really do need to treat ourselves to something quite different. YO I had to see what 36 C it equals 95 F.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all having a good day. I have a productive day. I am helping my boyfriend finish moving in to my house and then also helping his daughters friend move into her new apartment. Not sure how that is going to go but we will see. It is going to be alot of stuff to do.

@cormierannie - I love the library. It is great. I just got a couple of books from my local library.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Just stay cool. You can always go to a gym and workout or you can just hydrate and still work out in the heat. It isn't fun but can be done.

Well it is time to get ready to get moving. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    edited July 2022
    Diane: You are right.
  • cormierannie
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to everyone. we are heading to the big reference library here in a while. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hope your day was ROARsome too!! Mine actually was. A bunch of minor things accomplished that has me a smiling. How did the moving both go? Did BF move in okay? His D's friend okay? I LOVE it when someone is moving and a lot of people show up to help. Last time I helped someone move over 15 people showed up to help. It was more like a party with exercise mixed in. She moved onto the 7th floor, but thankfully elevators!
    @Patti241,, same again today which we are enjoying!! Come Tuesday it'll be muggy and hot again. Hopefully after this stint we'll have some days are cooler, in about 3 weeks it'll start cooling off for the rest of the year. I REJOICE!! LOL
    @Cormierannie ,,, How was the Library? Did D enjoy it also? Is it the older or youngest D? Awesome on the exercise.