Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,012 Member
    Options
    @Bookienj WELCOME BACK!! We had wondered where you were!! WOOHOO YOU ARE BACK!!! So sorry they are both not well!! Hopefully school isn't quite in though perhaps soon? Did you have a GREAT Vaca?
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, Maybe riding your bike tomorrow won't be a great idea? You know more than we do. OH MY YES!!! HOT HOT HOT!! Even here in Maine on the coast are going to hit 90! YO!! YO!! YO!!! This gal does NOT Like the 3 H's!! But , really who does!! Let's get through this!!! SO NICE that you were able to get your client the help for painting!! WTG!!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,009 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Today is a relaxed day at home. I do have to do a little bit of some cleaning again. I have to clean the bathroom. That is the only room in the house I have not cleaned recently. I am loving the new cleaning thing. I actually now want to clean and make it better for all of us. Before I did not care. I think I had a bit of depression going on.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - It does make time go faster. I love listening to upbeat music when I clean. I hope the honey moon phase ends quickly so we can get to the heat of anything that might cause an issue.
    @CSEGUIN2 - It is going to be so hot and humid today. I can already feel the moisture in the air. Good thing we have air conditioners.

Well it is time for breakfast. I hope you all have a great day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Today is supposed to be a rainy one.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,409 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a hot and humid day here today! my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated today. i had a great day volunteering at the tennis tournament yesterday. today is an off day of volunteering for me. i got in a walk in the basement area of my building this morning and i feel great! i will do some dancing later on in the evening. have a great day,everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,384 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Sunday. Today is a semi rest day, I did do my PT and morning stretches, 17 minutes. It's 97 but there is a warm breeze.

Have a great day, hugs and blessings

Daily Affirmation for Sunday August 7, 2022

I love, without condition, myself,
    all those around me,
    and all those in my thoughts,
    this day and evermore. Amen
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Another hot and humid day. All planned exercise was completed except the bike ride. My early morning walk was bad enough. So it has been more of a rest day. Binge watching more Bones today as well. Tomorrow is back to wall paper removal after I complete all my workouts.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Love a clean house!! WTG!!! Ohhh don't rush the honeymoon period getting over,, it will soon enough.
    @Patti241 ,,, Ohh we need RAIN so badly!! We are in a severe drought.
    @Cormierannie ,,, WOOHOO Annie so glad you had a great day volunteering at the tennis tournament!! That's so neat!! Stay cool!
    @Kurtize ,,, Love any type of rest day!! Loving ourselves and others makes life so much easier.
    @Cseguin2 ,, Sure hope you count that wallpaper removal as exercise!! That's one of the hardest things I've ever done AND I was in my 20s!!! YO!!! Glad you didn't try to ride in the heat. You don't need to get sick. We actually hit 96 today!!! YO!!!

LOL If you saw the pic on the News Feed ,, well here's IZZY's!
    ac0xaiy4l07e.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Things are going well here at home. I am looking forward to today. I want today to go great. I want the day to go quickly and efficiently. I am looking for minimum effort today.

@cormierannie - Yay on the walk. That is great
    @Kurtize - I need to do some strength training. I have not done it in a while.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I hope you are enjoying the wallpaper getting removed. I loved doing it.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yeah. I just really need to keep it slow and steady with this one. We will see. I hope things continue to go well.

Well it is time get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, slow and easy is the best way to go. Love is work, but the benefits ahhhh when both parties are able to work as a team, but you know this. Hope work went very well.
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti! Hey is the rain gone for you? We are entering from Tues through Thurs, they SAY a rainy period, but yet it's not a steady one so we'll find out. Of course Thursday is the day is the highest chance of. Yet, we need it so badly, I am okay with that. We have a cruise around the harbor planned that day for who live here, and wish to go. We are only charging them $5 (the council will pick up the rest including transportation. Parking in Portland is FOOLISH about $30 for 4 hours near the ferry area) its a great deal. We'll see. Also the other person who helps with this is in the ICU!! YIKES!! I feel so bad for her. She's my kitty sitter! Well one of them, the main one.

OFF I GO!! I think I'll do a little walk, than shower, Dr appointment this afternoon. YO DO I wish all of this was so over, and it may be for the infection. One test came out horrid, thinking it's an error I'll call them first and leave a message.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good morning everyone. it is a hot and humid day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated. i got in my strength training workout and a walk earlier this morning, before it got too hot. i will be doing some dancing later in the evening. there is a chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon and tonight here. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cormierannie,, Hot here, unreal hot here for us!! We hit 95 today. YO!! On my app this AM it said 82. But, it wasn't easy for them to tell where the cold front would drop down to. Hours later it did come through here, because at noon it was 95, but at 3:30 it was 69. That was a fast drop!! Hopefully the T storms came through WITHOUT any damage to the area, and it's cooler for you too.

I have my WINDOWS OPEN for the first time in many days!! Its getting hot in here, cause it's still very muggy and the fog is rolling in. But I love fog.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Another hot and humid day. The rain we got didn't seem to help much temperature wise. Got all my workouts done early including my walk. Then spent about 6 hrs removing wallpaper. My neighbor is not doing well. They are trying to get him in to hospice. I am helping him as needed. Including with the dogs. His daughter will be coming down tomorrow or Wednesday. I truly hopes he makes it that long. I am praying that when I go over to let the dogs out I don't find him dead. I have never been in that situation except for a dog. I didn't handle that well. Anyways looking forward to going to TOPS tomorrow.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Today we hit 95 (Well I think they said 98!!) which is unreal for us, but now it's66 which is so much better!! CONGRATS on getting your workout done!! WOW on the 6 hours removing the wallpaper!! YO!! YO!! I am so very very sorry about your dear neighbor. Sure hope his D gets there in time. Such a hard situation. I hope he makes it through the night. I've done the 911 please come and check on my neighbor thing. Its never easy, but I've never been into someone place first. I was with my Mom when she passed, but that comforted me because I knew for sure she did not hurt at the end, nor was she scared.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends;

I hope you are having a good morning. Today is going to be super busy. I just know it is. I am slowly getting use to my boyfriend being around. I am loving it. I love that he is around to help with stuff and spend time with me. We just really enjoy each others company.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I hope it is an error. We don't want anymore infection
    @cormierannie - I hope there is no thunderstorm. They stink.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is so sad about the neighbor. He did not even have time to find a home for his animals. I hope the daughter is able to do something.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: The raimn has gone but they are saying rain possible through Weds.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful day here today. the humidity has pretty much gone and there is a nice cool breeze blowing outside. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on tonight. i will be doing some volunteering today at the tennis tournament. i pick the afternoon volunteer shift as it is not as hot here then and it gives me a chance to get things done in the morning or i can choose to do basically nothing except relax. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was so much cooler and with no humidity. It was great. Went to TOPS and had a great meeting and executive meeting. I am down 0.5 lbs this week! Now to keep the progress going. My neighbor seemed a little better this morning when I went over. His daughter made it down this afternoon. So she will be taking care of the dogs while she is here. Didn't get my bike ride done. Shame on me for allowing myself to make excuses. Plan to do it tomorrow morning after my walk.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,, hope work wasn't to crazy!! Though when it is (As long its controllable) it SPEEDS BY SO FAST!! That's nice. Aww love is great.
    @Patti241,,,, We are being told rain on and off also through Weds. Last night we finally got some, but not today though it did hit 91 (again! LOL) But that's should be the LAST of the 90s, we HOPE!! Usually around the 12th we slowly usually start to get colder, ever so slowly until Sept.
    @Cormierannie,, Hope the volunteering was fun!! It should be. I don't watch tennis ever on TV, but in person its different and more interesting. I never played it growing up, I was into gymnastics, but it's still kind of interesting. WOOHOO on the exercise!
    @Cseguin2,,, WOOHOO on it being cooler!! EAH YEAH!! WOOHOO ALSO on the weight loss!! WTG!!! You've been through quite a bit your body may of needed a break. Glad your neighbors D is there. That's good for him, and her. I feel for them. Such a hard time. I feel bad for you too, when we care, we care.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,384 Member
    Options
    Good late afternoon, we got some rain, which is good; we are on alert 2 for water conservation. It's a bit cooler too, 88. Hope everyone is having a good day. hugs and blessings

I liked the quote plus with the gnomes and wintery scene was nice, cooler weather

k5c4cq10a444.jpg