I'm new and need encouragement!

Options
Hi all, I just urned 69 and the weight is creeping up. I would be happy to lose 12 pounds. That may not sound like much but it doesn't budge at this age. My clothes don't fit either which is rather depressing. Another goal- feel less tired and more vital. MOre exercise!
That's me!

Replies

• teelabrown7
    teelabrown7 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Keep going! I’m adding in more exercise too!
    I’m using great nutrition products that give me energy and help me feel great!
  • wildnotions
    wildnotions Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What nutrition products? I have so many food allergies I can't use most of them.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome. I'm hoping this group is more active with a few of us back on here. What do you do for exercise?
  • wildnotions
    Options
    I swim, do aqua exercise, walk, bike, and a little home yoga/strength building about 5-6 times per week. I'm trying to build more consistency and do an hour a day (arecent goal
  • teelabrown7
    Options
    I use the Isagenix 30 day system! It includes high protein shakes (undenatured whey from grass fed cows, or plant based) Adaptogens to reduce stress, and other things to ensure success.
    Check it out here. The link gets you 25% off retail. There’s a sale going on with an extra 15% off that ends today.
    https://getstarted.isagenix.com/6M5459KEV037
  • wildnotions
    Options
    Thanks but waaay too spendy for me and too much sugar. I will stick to my whole foods.
  • teelabrown7
    Options
    I’m glad you have something that works for you!😃
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    welcome to my fitness pal , walking will be your friend and other low impact exercising . With that said a calorie deficit will be your best friend at your age. 12lbs is nothing I wish that was all I had to lose. Not sure if any kidney are heart issues but increase water intake , take vitamins , get you a food scale and actually measure your food you will be surprised how much food we actually intake. Count every calorie you intake even the salad dressing count it all it all add up. Log IT!!! log your food , measure your food, drink water and get walking . Keep it simple. Good luck here if you need support.
  • wildnotions
    Options
    Thanks. Day four and the scale is having its ups and downs per usual. I did take measurements to start and that is what I will go by as I tend to retain a lot of water. It actually feels good to be more in control of my eating!
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Day four and the scale is having its ups and downs per usual. I did take measurements to start and that is what I will go by as I tend to retain a lot of water. It actually feels good to be more in control of my eating!

yes, great don't depend on that evil scale ,lol measures, the way you feel and the way your clothes fit are good things to look at to note if you are moving in the right direction.