TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,459 Member
    Sunday 14 August
    Track: yes
    Under: no, mostly due to the below
    Exercise: no, rest day

I may have burned some calories doing housework etc. but who knows since I can't get my FB to sync. 🤷‍♀️😠

It may be time to invest in a new one. I've gotten all of my previous ones on Black Friday deals but I don't think this one will make it to November. 😔
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    8/14
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - 30 min strength training
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited August 2022
    Sunday 8/14
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 20 minute walk

It became official today: my chorus is singing for the pope in March! While I know I should be excited beyond all measure, part of me is ridden with anxiety over being this obese and riding/fitting in the plane. Plus all of the walking in Italy. Ooofta. I can say to myself all day, “Do the best you can, Nancy, and what weight you lose will only better you for the trip,” but in my head I’m saying, “Oh no, what are you going to do? Maybe you should cut your calories in half! March will be here tomorrow!” 🥴 It’s a slippery slope, this mind game I play. I’m sure once school starts Friday and I see my students I will feel better. My students ground me. ❤️

@therealbluenote Congratulations, how exciting!!! Don't panic!! Just take one step at a time, you got this. On the one hand March will be here before we know it (time does fly somehow). On the other hand, it is 6 1/2 months away. Even just plugging along slowly you can make tremendous changes is 6 months time!! DO NOT CUT YOUR CALORIES IN HALF!! That kind of drastic change can only end badly. Keep making small improvements in your diet. Keep SLOWLY increasing your walks. Do NOT try to double your walking right away, that can cause injury and set you back. Right @KimR_1986 ? :)

I know we are all impatient and want everything RIGHT NOW! But in this case, slow and steady really does win the race. And what an amazing goal to have as motivation. Keep going like you did below and you'll be fine. :)<3
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Naija82 wrote: »
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    PW: 151

CW: 153

Exercise minutes was low this week. I also incorporated dairy back in this week. I’ll increase exercise next week and keep dairy. If I stay the same or gain. I’ll have to omit dairy until I reach goal

I find it hard to drop the dairy mainly cheese as love it and the only dairy that doesn't mess my stomach up but do want to try a dairy free week

Dairy is a complex topic

Dairy is a problem for many people regarding health and weight

More research has shown that Raw Dairy doesn’t cause nearly as much issues as pasteurized dairy. I eat organic raw dairy and haven’t had issues depending on the type of dairy. When you eat cheese they say you should eat about 3 to 4 oz or less a day. Everyone’s different and should listen to your body for what’s best for it :)
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    MUAC Daily Post: Monday (8/15)
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧144 oz.
    Exercise: Tai Chi + Yoga

Goals/Day/Comments: Racing towards my tight deadline with another long day ahead of me.
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    🎉 Way to go team!!!!

Congratulations on the recognition, you earned it!
    1st - @BlissfulK. - 1.31%
    2nd - @therealbluenote. - 1.04%
    3rd - @KimR_1986. - 0.76%
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 913 Member
    @susanshaughnessy80 Congrats! Your perseverance paid off! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
    @DaffyGirl88 @ajdvegan @mooreshelly09 I just want an IV with the cinnamon butter running in me it is so good! 😆
    @Krysless2 Did you also come from another group? I think I remember you from The Belly Flats. Or maybe another place on here we might have met?
    @JbeanR0212 I think the dizziness and headaches are caused from the sewage gas. 😬 Time to call the plumber!

Thanks so much! @therealbluenote 🥰
  • Tomsgal1985
    Saturday & Sunday, August 13 & 14
    Tracked: yes & yes
    Under calories: yes & yes
    Exercised: yes & yes - 27 & 33 minutes walking
    Comments: I’m so thankful for forward momentum. Have a blessed week, everyone 🙏🏻❤️☀️
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sunday (Wk3; Day 1)
    • Track / Under / W.Out?
      Yes / No / Yes
    • NetCalories: 2500
    • NetCarbs: 332
      ~ I went nuts-o late last night and had all the things I don’t allow myself to have when I’m eating keto. Lucky charms, milk duds and popcorn. Oddly enough I didn’t see a huge fluctuation on the scale this morning, so I’m thinking it was because I stayed the course all weekend minus Sunday. It may have helped that all I did yesterday was cardio. Spent most of the day doing some furniture window shopping and a Costco trip. Came home then went back out and did some more walking gettin’ other groceries for the week, THEN came home, made dinner which was spaghetti with homemade noodles(I’ll never buy box noodles again!) and then walk some more on the ol’ treadmill. I can usually get a head up on strength training on Sundays, but ultimately, it just wasn’t in the cards for me Edited to add: before I shoveled the late night food, I weighed and logged it(I think that helped as well)
    As of Day 1:
    • Net Calories (2500 / 10500)
      🛑🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 2500 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs (332 / 700)
      🛑🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 332 (Goal: 100)
    • MUAC: 0 / 7 Days
      🛑🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Wednesday 10 August
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

Went to Texas Roadhouse for grilled shrimp. 🤤 In my defense, I HAD to go, I needed a water based meal. 😉😂

Although I went way over my normal calories (about 800 for the meal) I thought I did pretty good. Especially sitting across from my husband who had chicken fried chicken and mashed potatoes both smothered in gravy, and TWO baskets of rolls with cinnamon butter.😯😯

@DaffyGirl88 Gotta love your attitude - I love it when I HAVE to have a water based meal (which for me could be every day!) Good choice for Texas Roadhouse - a favorite here in this house too - The cinnamon butter is a killer to avoid!
  • sandkp
    @Krysless2 Love the back to school pics - you may have these be the "last first back to school" but there are definitely lots of new "First" pics to come. Enjoy this year - it flies by!
  • sandkp
    Thinking about so much and what I want and need to do. Pressing this button today and just trying to work with my body to get as much movement and exercise as I can while being mindful of what it will take right now and what is going in for fuel. I will never be 100% correct but I am resolved not to fail either. I am sitting at a flux between 206-209 and it is disheartening when I was down to 195 (193 on the best day but that only lasted the day) in April. While I know that I am still a rough 20lb down from my last restart- I wanted to be so much more and was right at 30 and let it slowly ride up with daily excuses. I struggle with this and find that it does add stresses to my life - seen or unseen - as if I am feeling bad about this I seem to take it out differently on those around me and I don't want to be like this. I want to be purposeful in my choices and actions. Let's see if it can work.

k9sn74ayhrnr.jpg
  • Tomsgal1985
    Before I forget, I won’t have access to my scale Saturday, so May I please carry over last Saturday’s weight of 204.4?

Thanks so much.
  • DaffyGirl88
    @sandkp as Pumba once said "put your behind in your past!" Or was it Timon? Either way, the past is done, all we can do is learn from it and move on. Today is a new day, do what you need to do today in order to be successful. And then do it again tomorrow. If you slip up, learn from it and start again. It's what we all do on a daily basis. You got this! <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    Before I forget, I won’t have access to my scale Saturday, so May I please carry over last Saturday’s weight of 204.4?

Thanks so much.

@susanshaughnessy80 You certainly may!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Hello, looking for @Arietty32 @Naija82 and @sarkrisd to weigh-in today!! Good luck!!
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    🎉 Way to go team!!!!

Congratulations on the recognition, you earned it!
    1st - @BlissfulK. - 1.31%
    2nd - @therealbluenote. - 1.04%
    3rd - @KimR_1986. - 0.76%

Congratulations guys! Well done
  • Naija82
    Sunday 8/14
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 20 minute walk

It became official today: my chorus is singing for the pope in March! While I know I should be excited beyond all measure, part of me is ridden with anxiety over being this obese and riding/fitting in the plane. Plus all of the walking in Italy. Ooofta. I can say to myself all day, “Do the best you can, Nancy, and what weight you lose will only better you for the trip,” but in my head I’m saying, “Oh no, what are you going to do? Maybe you should cut your calories in half! March will be here tomorrow!” 🥴 It’s a slippery slope, this mind game I play. I’m sure once school starts Friday and I see my students I will feel better. My students ground me. ❤️

Awesome, very exciting stuff!! Just take it easy and do the best you can do. You are doing great
  • Naija82
    Naija82
    Week 3
    PW = 134.9
    CW = 134.9

Sorry only managed to weigh in the evening spent most of the day in the hospital

Update: Mon 15th Aug
    Track: Mostly
    Calories: Was under, fasted for 19hrs 39mins.
    Exercise: Not officially, 10628 steps by walking around the house

Goals/Day/Comments: Did not have a great day today, woke up with severe abdominal pain, nausea and dizziness, I had never experienced pain that bad in my life. Went to A&E where I spent over 7 hours doing tests, a CT scan waiting and waiting. They saw my blood glucose was really low and my ketones were very high so made me drink some glucose gel, didn't want a lecture on low carb so just took it. The CT scan showed I had bladder stones and an inflamed colon so need to get further tests done. As the pain had started to subside and I didn't want to remain overnight they discharged me. Was exhausted by the time I got home.

So far the pain hasn't come back yet