• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    On a roll @BlissfulK, congratulations.
  • JbeanR0212
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Thank you for the words of wisdom always @DaffyGirl88. I’ve tried to max out all areas before the tie breaker is announced to ensure we hit our house goal but mostly with the aim to …… 😂 “eliminate that performance pressure”. Yep I heard myself say it as I typed it 🤦‍♀️. That approach obviously hasn’t worked for me so I have my workout times mapped in advance. Telling myself if I miss it, then I miss it, no makeup work will be accepted 🧘‍♀️. Rolling with that and your tie breaker mindset going forward. Mind over matter - we can do this! All of us.
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 Pardon my ignorance, but what is GoT? I thought it was Game of Thrones. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    Monday Aug 22
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: housecleaning and purging clothes and shoes literally from 7:00pm-3:00am. I was on a roll! 🌪 Now I can’t sleep. 😳
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    8/22
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - spin class
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,514 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 Pardon my ignorance, but what is GoT? I thought it was Game of Thrones. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@therealbluenote It's a challenge based on Game of Thrones that some of us are participating in. I've done it off an one for a couple of years and when the new season started I invited the people from this challenge. Where they all promptly signed up to compete AGAINST me TYVM. :s It can be a lot of fun, if you don't let it stress you out. The next season won't start until October but we can let you know when it does and you can join HOUSE STARK if you're interested. B)o:)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 22 August
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post:

Tuesday (8/22)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧112 oz.
    Exercise: Light rowing, Tai Chi + Strength

Goals/Day/Comments: Pleasantly surprised by how smoothly things went yesterday. At most I will do a small walk today.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options

@therealbluenote It's a challenge based on Game of Thrones that some of us are participating in. I've done it off an one for a couple of years and when the new season started I invited the people from this challenge. Where they all promptly signed up to compete AGAINST me TYVM. :s It can be a lot of fun, if you don't let it stress you out. The next season won't start until October but we can let you know when it does and you can join HOUSE STARK if you're interested. B)o:)

😂 Haha! Not everyone signed up against @daffygirl88! Those of us that did followed the rules for even teams. And don’t let her tell you otherwise, House Stark is doing just fine 🤗. BTW @therealbluenote, if you are a fan of the show HBO just premiered House Of The Dragon, The Story Of House Targaryen. I can’t tell you if it’s good or not though. I fell asleep to it in the first 5 minutes last night.

• DaffyGirl88
    Options
    YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    te4a5ax356ta.jpg
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Weigh in 193.7

@brandi_84 Miss you :'(

I miss you all too! I read through every morning and am quietly cheering you all on. I just haven't had enough time to respond to all the posts I want to respond to ; in the way I that want to.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Weigh in 193.7

I miss you all too! I read through every morning and am quietly cheering you all on. I just haven't had enough time to respond to all the posts I want to respond to ; in the way I that want to.

I hear that. I read something and think "I'll reply to that later." and then later comes and goes and the next thing I know it's 3 days later and it seems stupid to reply to a 3 day old post. :(
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    te4a5ax356ta.jpg

I'm so ready for pumpkin spice everything!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    te4a5ax356ta.jpg

I'm so ready for pumpkin spice everything!

@DaffyGirl88 and @mooreshelly09 I am on board 100% - love anything and everything pumpkin (that I drink or eat - I don't do coffee in any way shape or form so not that!) Not ready by any means for summer to end or to have fall temps but I would do pumpkin smoothie sitting at the pool any summa day! :)
  • sandkp
    Options
    Okay ya'll - I know I have been hit or miss and it is totally all my fault. I have a lot to say tonight - sorry for the long post... and if you reach the end - thanks for hanging the whole time!

Thanks to all for the support here - letting me vent and just purge my thoughts. I started this restart in October - fet up with being me and fet up with my body aching and not allowing me to do me - or anything I wanted to do. Well - in reality, I had an injury that set me down for close to a year before I could be up and confident and just when I was ready to jump back out, injury #2 that shut down an anniversary vacation and my ability to just take myself anywhere I wanted to go last fall (aka anywhere my college boy was playing his game) while hubs was a great sport and drove me to and from (cause I could drive okay - just couldn't walk well) it still made ME feel like a failure to myself. So on that journey to a game, stumbling out of the car and trying to hit the rest stop and limping in, I decided to jump back on here and restart.

I took October and just logged and kept doing me (well eating part anyway - my exercise was a no go - thanks injuries) I watched my weight rise even further during that month. In November, I made a doc appointment and started my changes before that appointment. I also made a decision that I was NOT putting ANYTHING in my body - no tylenol, no aspirin, no motrin, no BCP, no nyquil, just NO. I had already talked to my OB about this and it was time to think about that dreadful testing for hormones anyway so she left that in my hands on when to stop and when to test. I changed my eating, attentive to my thoughts and happily chatted with my primary about all the things I was going to and in process of changing in diet. My bp was higher (in doc office very high - not nearly as high at home - nor in hospital when I had surgery so we knew the docs office scared me ... haha more than surgery I guess!) The gut punch was the lab work - that came back with mostly all high levels - so now I had highest weight ever, high bp, and high cholesteral. Oh yeah - and that great Christmas present of the lovely hormone test telling me I am super old. (what they forgot to say was that I was super old but would still get surprise visits that would knock me on my butt more often than not (like THIS week where it has had me down for DAYS) so really it was a sike - just old in name but you get the garbage of being young >:)

I was supposed to test again in the spring - and got covid right at testing time. Since I read alot and heard some stories about those that tested high for cholesterol after covid, I pushed it off. I told myself next month - next month. Well - we all know how that goes. So long story short, haha - who am I kidding - a real computer keyboard and I write a book! So again, long story short, I am coming up here 9 months after testing and I was holding steady on the weight ( a steady drop of 20ish lbs but felt like a failure cause I had almost 30 and gained some back). I was scared to make a doc appointment because I just knew that although my weight was down, it wasn't enough. While I felt my bp was better, I wasn't testing it myself enough and just knew it was raised again.. and of course, if I made the appointment, I would have to test the blood and I knew that would be sky high and she would want meds.

So this chicka decided last week to test the bp a couple times and woohoo - it came back normal ranges - just like it has when randomly testing over the months since I stopped the bcp but since I was not doing it every week I didn't trust my numbers. The weight this week has been holding steady and I just decided I was needing to test like now- so paid the funds and got the test done. Went yesterday and got results today. Not only did this chicka have that steady normal bp and holding on that 20lb loss - but she actually brought all her numbers into normal range for her cholesterol except one - and that one we dropped 56pts. I am now "near normal" in that one instead of on the high side of "high"

I am taking this victory and really cherishing it. If you put your mind to things, you CAN make changes - they may not always be easily seen, or easily tracked or even easily felt... but just knowing that all these small changes over these past 9 months have really changed MY direction for MY health has me flying high.

And oh yeah - just for full transparency - I am cutting back on exercise these next couple weeks as I AM going on that postponed anniversary vacation and since the last 2 years, I hurt myself doing NOTHING, I am not going to push my legs. I will exercise somewhat as I was - but rethinking the push I was just beginning to make to jump back into step aerobics and more weightlifting involving the knee joint I tried last week... while it worked out okay I am NOT risking it. It can wait until end of September! I have a treat planned on vacation - Yeah - cheesecake or a couple drinks - but the real one - I am planning a zip lining adventure and I can't wait!! Told you all I was flying high :)

If you made it this far - thanks for listening to this chicka who keeps all her issues to herself and doesn't share her journey like she probably should with those she lives with - it is easier to not take that "makeup" off at home :)
  • sandkp
    Options
    Weigh in 193.7

I hear that. I read something and think "I'll reply to that later." and then later comes and goes and the next thing I know it's 3 days later and it seems stupid to reply to a 3 day old post. :(

I can so relate to @brandi_84 and @DaffyGirl88 - I read everything and always think about replying later - usually because I am on the phone and not at a computer where it is easy to respond - and then usually don't get around to doing it. LOL - "easy to respond" is an understatement - I usually get the keyboard and write a book!
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    Tuesday (8/23)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No. Splitting migraine today. Stayed home in bed. I keep forgetting to get a plumber for the sewage gas under the toilet. Argh. I called two last week and they never returned my call.