• Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    Previous Weight: 151

Current Weight: 149.2

Well done!!
  • Naija82
    My best friend passed away tonight. I’m going to take a break from MFP and social media for a bit. I don’t know what that means for this group, whether I get booted or can stay. I will keep trying to track and keep up with weighing. I just need some silent time to stop the noise in my head.

Oh no so sorry for your loss. Yes take the time you need
  • Naija82
    KimR_1986 wrote: »
    CW: 290.7

Like several others right now I'm reading but not really responding through everyone's ups and downs, I'm currently in a mental down right now with family in the hospital again. My mother in law was admitted for shortness of breath on Monday and they found a 99% blockage in her LAD and had a stent placed, but she is still not feeling well. If any of you could spare a healing thought or prayer it would be deeply appreciated.

Sending prayers your way
  • Naija82
    And just like that (snapsfingers) summer is over. The September thread is up and begins this Sunday.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10872262/team-the-big-butt-theory-september#latest

Oh wow where has the time gone!
  • Naija82
    pdate: Mon 22nd Aug
    Track: No
    Calories: Don't know
    Exercise: No

Update: Tue 23rd Aug
    Exercise: Yes, 4.11 mile run, body combat class and 2.64 mile walk

Update: Wed 24th Aug
    Calories: Don't know,
    Exercise: Yes, 5.2 mile run and 6.09 mile walk

Update: Thu 25th Aug
    Exercise: Yes, 3.62 mile run and 5.65 mile walk

Goals/Day/Comments: I have been in a bit of a funk, haven't felt motivated to track because I haven't been eating to plan. Low fibre diet these last couple of days and been eating a lot of white bagels, crackers and rice krispies not the best food.

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,470 Member
    @Naija82 we all have funky periods now and then. Best thing to do is weather the storm until it's over. Hang in there.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Thursday 25 August
    Track: no
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

Weigh in Week 4
    PW: 140.0
    CW: 140.4
  • DaffyGirl88
    @JbeanR0212 hope everything is ok.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 914 Member
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    MUAC Daily Post:
    *Feel free to skip past just working things out

Saturday (8/19)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧132 oz.
    Exercise: Kickboxing, strength + farm labor (parents)

Goals/Day/Comments: We survived the week! Did a couple hours of work and then decided to take the remainder as a mental health day. Worth it! The hours of work this week without kids interrupting, bickering at eachother and well just being around to lightly distract my focus were a bit of a huge wake up call. Many of my working hours have been spent overwhelmed by grief!

I realized the excessive exercise I’ve been doing these past few months hasn’t just been for weight loss, on a deeper level it has been a harmful distraction. One from what has been too painful to process except when the bubbles begin to fester out. This glimpse in the mirror has added to the sense of being overwhelmed.

In April I kinda shut down. In May I showed up here kicking tail and taking no prisoners. Seeing all my former colleagues at the school asking how I am doing with that empathetic little rub on my shoulder brings it back in but after her watching me fight the tears I had a nice walking chat with my counselor friend. I had my heart crushed and less than 3 weeks later lost my best friend of over 26 years suddenly (stomach flu, asphyxiated on vomit). I instantly lost the only two people in the world I would turn to for anything. Realizing how recluse I’ve become outside of open waters or unpopulated hiking trails. And I am so lonely yet….. afraid to get out and actually socialize again at the same time. The sorrow is just so heavy but I’ve allowed it to fortify itself and it’s time to start really clearing that away. Oh the hypocrisy of failing to accomplish what I’ve spent my professional life advocating. Going to be a long and windy journey.

So here I was crying, meditating, writing my ex a 27 page letter (which I will NOT mail) and talking out loud to Dani’s spirit (aka myself) while working on a memorial sculpture. It was therapeutic but I’m gonna need countless more moments like those before I feel the healing has even begun. Gotta start somewhere I guess but hopefully it’ll give all of you a bit of a break from my madness. I will make the work time up in chunks today & tomorrow.

“I closed my eyes and let the music flow through me, cleansing my soul of all fear and sin and reminding me that I am always better than I think and stronger than I believe.” - Paulo Coelho
    I’m so very sorry for your losses. I appreciate your sharing your heart. Big hugs and my prayers ❤️🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️
  • Tomsgal1985
    Thursday, August 25
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercised: yes (indoor walk)
    Comments: We’re back from our trip! I’m so thankful my sister & I got to reconnect!! We also got to see Tom’s mom several times. She will be 94 on New Year’s Eve and she knew him right away. What a blessing. I gained 4.2 pounds, but I’m down .4 this morning. It was a great trip, and coming home is even better. We got back on the first anniversary of my husband’s aortic dissection. We’re so thankful for how well he’s doing. God is GOOD 🙌🏻
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    MUAC Daily Post:

Friday (8/25)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧128 oz.
    Exercise: Yes

Goals/Day/Comments: Will catch up on everyone this afternoon
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    sandkp wrote: »
    YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    te4a5ax356ta.jpg

I'm so ready for pumpkin spice everything!

@DaffyGirl88 and @mooreshelly09 I am on board 100% - love anything and everything pumpkin (that I drink or eat - I don't do coffee in any way shape or form so not that!) Not ready by any means for summer to end or to have fall temps but I would do pumpkin smoothie sitting at the pool any summa day! :)

I have often joked that the only reason that I drink coffee is to have something to put my PS creamer in. :D I have since discovered OTHER flavors so I'm good year round. :)

AND...I got an email yesterday from Panera saying that Autumn Squash Soup will be back on 8/31! SWOON!! <3

I have never had soup from Panera. Definitely gonna have to try it now!

• mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    8/25
    Exercise: yes - 2 mile walk

PW: 191.0
    CW: 191.0

Gonna have to do something to shake things up 🥴
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Please roll over this week please
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 8/25/ 22

Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 5750
    Water: 96
  • DaffyGirl88
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Date: 8/25/ 22

Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 5750
    Water: 96

@murdog3t methinks you are a day early 😁 Welcome back!! 🤗
  • DaffyGirl88
    Friday 26 August
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited August 2022
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @susanshaughnessy80
    Week: August Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday, August 27
    Previous Week's Weight: 204.4
    Today's Weight: 205.4

(Down 2.8 from my post-vacation weight of 208.2 👏🏻)
  • Tomsgal1985
    Friday, August 26
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes; indoor & outdoor walk
    Comments: I have managed to take off almost 3 pounds of my vacation indulgences this week! Back to tracking and it actually feels good. I also had a goal of eating no added sugar yesterday and I made it. 👏🏻🎉
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,278 Member
    Hi friends, I’m confused. Do we just stop posting now and wait until there is a September thread? And what does this mean that I read on the new join thread:

“We will be using your August Week 4 Weights as your July starting weights.”