Step It Up September 2022

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,854 Member
It's been a long and busy summer. Maybe you've been on it the whole time! Great job! Or maybe you've been hit or miss? Or slacked off toward the end? Whatever it is, that's in the past! Time to look ahead! This month let's focus on how to Step Up your efforts to achieve your health and fitness goals. Whether or not that sounds exciting to you, you can agree it's something to do, and time will pass anyway. Might as well accomplish something. :joy:

So it's time to reevaluate where we are headed and buckle down to renew your fight for your goals for another month, whether they be weightloss or increased fitness or just better health overall. So. Let's Step Up the drive to hit those goals this month.

We got this!
«13

Replies

  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 28,457 Member
    My plan is to incorporate keto recipes back into my diet ....walk 5 days a week .... use my home gym 3 days a week (M W F) and use my bands that I bought at Walmart (Tu and Thurs) Drink 140 ounces of water
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,854 Member
    Welcome to our group!

    Nice goals so far, y'all! Keep 'em coming!

    I'll be camping over the weekend but I solemnly swear at least to get 10k steps every day instead of being on my *kitten* reading in the fresh air the whole time. But I am going to read. :joy:
  • gerripo
    gerripo Posts: 7 Member
    I took the summer off. I put the pounds on. I got back at it a few days ago and am looking forward to a very Successful September Slimdown.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 720 Member
    My challenge for September will be football season, hosting friends and having drinks. So to continue from August I’ll be counting calories, staying fairly low carb and watching the extracurricular snacking when not hungry.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 720 Member
    I made it through the first football game and made off plan snacks for the guests. Of course I had too much and am battling water weight gain as a result. I had a few chips today but made much better choices and will be back to plan tomorrow. My activity is still fairly high, walking 4 miles a day and wrapping up my 90 days of P90x. This is a recovery week then will decide what strength training to incorporate next. I’ll do measurements tomorrow as well to see if there is any progress from last month. No loss this week so it’s go time this coming week!
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 306 Member
    One of the things I am struggling a little with as a newbie is having plenty of good on-the-go snacks available. My husband works in the field and needs to have his lunch not need to be maintained in a cold environment, so we are trying to think of snacks he can take. I have made little 'cheez its' and pepperoni chips, and we pre-portion nuts as well. Are there other delicious snacks that you guys enjoy that he could take with him without need a refrigerator throughout the day?
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 720 Member
    Checking in- no sign of loss yet this month but plenty of bouncing up and down. I did take measurements this week and have some non-scale victories there. I saw small losses in the arm, chest, waist and hips. I did a bit of snacking last night but for the most part have been doing fairly well with cutting it out when not hungry.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,854 Member
    One of the things I am struggling a little with as a newbie is having plenty of good on-the-go snacks available. My husband works in the field and needs to have his lunch not need to be maintained in a cold environment, so we are trying to think of snacks he can take. I have made little 'cheez its' and pepperoni chips, and we pre-portion nuts as well. Are there other delicious snacks that you guys enjoy that he could take with him without need a refrigerator throughout the day?

    pork rinds, some cheese and meat sticks are fridge free... sorry I can't be of more help, I do IF and have for a long time so I don't really snack.

    Anyone else?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,854 Member
    oy oy where peoples at?
    Busy busy just like me probably.
    I'm still exercising and keeping it low-carb as best I can. My goal for this weekend is to just not eat too much. As is my goal every weekend because my husband is the most experienced and effective saboteur in existence. Except for maybe Taylok's Saboteur :joy:
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 720 Member
    I know, right??? He’s been fairly good lately but there is a pretty consistent ask for Dairy Queen that I have been able to duck successfully. I’m still staying active but think I’m eating a bit more this past week than I have been so I need to ensure I don’t get tempted to snack during the day if I’m bored.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Late to the party after a work conference and a quick trip to Vegas baby!

    My trainer is offering a 10 week fitness push so I told her I'm in! Weigh in, measurements and 1 mile assessment jog to start it off on Sunday. Really looking forward to the structure and accountability. I'll list actual goals Monday morning.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    I'm baaa-aaack. Djya miss me? lol. Prolly not. I've been gone since like 2017!!! So what better time to get my poop in a group right? @baconslave soooo glad to see you're still here. OG Baconslave in da house!! Holy cow dudes it's been a long ride.

    So... my sister convinced me to start Noom. Finally admitting my anxiety is what derails me and it's cheaper than therapy. But my friend is like - dude you know more about diet and exercise than the dietician at work (the hospital). Why are you paying for that? And all that info came from THIS group. So here I am again. Not that any of that matters lol. FYI I find Noom is kind of helping me freak out less about food in general. I am NOT trying to send anyone there. I think it's expensive honestly and that's how I ended up back here.

    Sooo.... I've also committed to running. Even if my diet sucks and I have trouble controlling the anxiety, for September I'm committing to running my couch to 5K every other day and just being aware of what I'm eating. I want to be able to run - HA!! - let's call it what it is - move slightly faster than walking - for a continuous 30 minutes by the time it snows and I have to go into the gym. I'm in good ol' Canada so that will likely be the end of October beginning of November but we might get to the end of November without snow if we're lucky, in my part of the country anyway.

    What do you call James Bond in a bubble bath?
    Bubble 07 :wink:

    Have a great day y'all!

    Anywhooodle.... yep. run (sih). Every other day. Sin falta.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,854 Member
    gsp90x wrote: »
    I'm baaa-aaack. Djya miss me? lol. Prolly not. I've been gone since like 2017!!! So what better time to get my poop in a group right? @baconslave soooo glad to see you're still here. OG Baconslave in da house!! Holy cow dudes it's been a long ride.

    So... my sister convinced me to start Noom. Finally admitting my anxiety is what derails me and it's cheaper than therapy. But my friend is like - dude you know more about diet and exercise than the dietician at work (the hospital). Why are you paying for that? And all that info came from THIS group. So here I am again. Not that any of that matters lol. FYI I find Noom is kind of helping me freak out less about food in general. I am NOT trying to send anyone there. I think it's expensive honestly and that's how I ended up back here.

    Sooo.... I've also committed to running. Even if my diet sucks and I have trouble controlling the anxiety, for September I'm committing to running my couch to 5K every other day and just being aware of what I'm eating. I want to be able to run - HA!! - let's call it what it is - move slightly faster than walking - for a continuous 30 minutes by the time it snows and I have to go into the gym. I'm in good ol' Canada so that will likely be the end of October beginning of November but we might get to the end of November without snow if we're lucky, in my part of the country anyway.

    What do you call James Bond in a bubble bath?
    Bubble 07 :wink:

    Have a great day y'all!

    Anywhooodle.... yep. run (sih). Every other day. Sin falta.

    yay!. Welcome back. Hey, better is better and plenty good enough.
    I always say, and have had much success in applying, the saying "don't let perfect be the enemy of better." That's not exactly how it techincally goes but it's very applicable. Find what constitutes and improvement for you. Do that. And then when you are ready to take the next step, find your next "better." Not a huge leap, but consistent steps forward.



    I'm in a holding pattern myself until camping season is over, just maintaining and keeping my fitness up, and then I'm hopping back on keto hard until the holidays which I should be starting the end of this month after my anniversary.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,854 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    gsp90x wrote: »
    I'm baaa-aaack. Djya miss me? lol. Prolly not. I've been gone since like 2017!!! So what better time to get my poop in a group right? @baconslave soooo glad to see you're still here. OG Baconslave in da house!! Holy cow dudes it's been a long ride.

    So... my sister convinced me to start Noom. Finally admitting my anxiety is what derails me and it's cheaper than therapy. But my friend is like - dude you know more about diet and exercise than the dietician at work (the hospital). Why are you paying for that? And all that info came from THIS group. So here I am again. Not that any of that matters lol. FYI I find Noom is kind of helping me freak out less about food in general. I am NOT trying to send anyone there. I think it's expensive honestly and that's how I ended up back here.

    Sooo.... I've also committed to running. Even if my diet sucks and I have trouble controlling the anxiety, for September I'm committing to running my couch to 5K every other day and just being aware of what I'm eating. I want to be able to run - HA!! - let's call it what it is - move slightly faster than walking - for a continuous 30 minutes by the time it snows and I have to go into the gym. I'm in good ol' Canada so that will likely be the end of October beginning of November but we might get to the end of November without snow if we're lucky, in my part of the country anyway.

    What do you call James Bond in a bubble bath?
    Bubble 07 :wink:

    Have a great day y'all!

    Anywhooodle.... yep. run (sih). Every other day. Sin falta.

    yay!. Welcome back. Hey, better is better and plenty good enough.
    I always say, and have had much success in applying, the saying "don't let perfect be the enemy of better." That's not exactly how it techincally goes but it's very applicable. Find what constitutes and improvement for you. Do that. And then when you are ready to take the next step, find your next "better." Not a huge leap, but consistent steps forward.



    I'm in a holding pattern myself until camping season is over, just maintaining and keeping my fitness up, and then I'm hopping back on keto hard until the holidays which I should be starting the end of this month after my anniversary.

    I'm always gaining 10lb, losing it to almost my goal weight. Rinse and repeat. I admit lower weight than that is probably just vanity pounds at my age, but a gurl needs to have goals to keep her on her toes, I guess. lmao
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Today was the start of my group fitness push. We did a mile mile walk/jog assessment and weigh in.
    CW 171, 1 mile 16:02
    Sept GW 168, 1 mile 15:30
    The trainer would like us to do 1-2 cardio and 4 strength workouts per week. I think I can manage this:
    Mon strength (with trainer)
    Tue walk/jog
    Wed strength (with trainer)
    Thur walk/jog
    Fri walk/jog + strength
    Sat rest day
    Sun walk/jog (with trainer) + bowling

    The accountability with the group will help me these first few weeks.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    edited September 11
    @tishsmith101 Whoa! amazing! It literally tired me out just thinking of all that! I feel like an elite cross fitter after completing my 3km walk/jog!! (though I don't look like it to be sure) Man! You'll feel so amazing after (and probably during) completing this! At least I hope that's how it goes :wink: Keep us posted! - edited for spelling
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Mary 65 now, from Pennsylvania.
    Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

    My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

    9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22- 155 lbs
    4/1/22- 156.4 lbs :-( 4/6 & 4/7 most recent lowest weight 147.6 lbs.
    5/1/22- 158.8 lbs :-(
    6/1/22- 152.2 lbs :-)
    7/1/22- 157.4 lbs :-(
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs :-(
    9/1/22- 175.2 lbs :-( Its been a bad few months. I've been eating too many carbs, including healthy ones.

    9/4/22- 175 lbs Back on the rails. Staying on track better this month so far. Today had a wedding that was planned in 2 weeks for a girl at work. They were going to get married on zoom and in 5-10 minutes of a conversation at a work party 2 weeks ago, it became a work party wedding. We all brought a covered dish and a coworkers husband married them a block from where they live by the river. Very hard to calculate calories but I think I did fairly well except for a piece of cake. But you have to sample the cake. Its required! LOL!

    Good job at the impromptu wedding! Those kinds of unplanned events can quickly derail things!!

    Today is Sunday. How did weigh-in go?
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    gerripo wrote: »
    I took the summer off. I put the pounds on. I got back at it a few days ago and am looking forward to a very Successful September Slimdown.

    @gerripo how is your SSS going?