Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but I hope to reach a point when I can switch to maintenance. I've been thinking about how I'll manage that and what I'll need to do to be successful. I'd like to continue to post my weight as a measure of accountability. But I don't want to confuse things. So I came up with this idea: post a slightly different format that does three things: 1) is easy to distinguish as maintenance, 2) conveys my chosen weight range, and 3) shows where I am this week and where I was last week.

I'm a data geek, good at spreadsheet programming, and I came up with the following automated text:
    Maintenance check-in
    PW: 220 |++++X++++| 230 <-- shows I weighed 225 prior week
    CW: 220 |++++++X++| 230 <-- shows I weighted 227 current week

(I plan to set my range to 210-220, but I used 220-230 above to demonstrate with my current status)
    Would this be okay?
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So sorry. I was out of town this weekend.

Not sure what happened with my September 3rd step count. I think I just forgot to post it during the August/September transition. Hopefully, I'm not too late to get it in.

9/3 - 7,804

9/9 - 7,220
    9/10 - 8,283
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

l3tbeelu63a2.png
    dv8k8ha9tvze.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    p252kj841ftp.png

By Pounds
    stns9iebs550.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    zx81mkpql6e2.png

By Pounds
    gp54s3s0ust3.png
    rs07ovl4ac3z.png

Team Winners
    catsluaxtfpa.png
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Yeah, shipping from the US isn't nice. I sometimes see fun merch from people I want to support, but the shipping is often more expensive than the thing I am looking to buy. Plus getting more taxes on top of it that you aren't aware of ahead of time. The cheapest Egyptian cotton bedsheets I found were 60 euros, only 200TC and already on sale. So I don't think they will ever be in an affordable price range here, but I will keep an eye out. Maybe it is just something that is cheaper over there.
    @CasandraW
    Windmill cookies sounds cute! I am trying to eat only 2-3 a day, but failing miserably at it. They are so addicting. I looked up when our last white christmas was: 2010! That is really sad. Our winters in general are really lame. It is more an extended autumn with a few frosty mornings thrown in. I love snow, so I keep hoping for it every winter.
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Power surges are really annoying, and they can even happen randomly without any storms. A few years ago my computer randomly stopped working and the guy I took it to told me it was likely caused by a power surge. It destroyed my motherboard and power supply. I now also use a special power strip for my computer with surge protection.
    @izzyred9400
    What a lovely beach! And funny you walked past your hubby. Though to be fair, a beach doesn't have a lot of landmarks! I hope your back keeps getting better and that you are able to enjoy your holiday.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,089 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but I hope to reach a point when I can switch to maintenance. I've been thinking about how I'll manage that and what I'll need to do to be successful. I'd like to continue to post my weight as a measure of accountability. But I don't want to confuse things. So I came up with this idea: post a slightly different format that does three things: 1) is easy to distinguish as maintenance, 2) conveys my chosen weight range, and 3) shows where I am this week and where I was last week.

I'm a data geek, good at spreadsheet programming, and I came up with the following automated text:
    Maintenance check-in
    PW: 220 |++++X++++| 230 <-- shows I weighed 225 prior week
    CW: 220 |++++++X++| 230 <-- shows I weighted 227 current week

(I plan to set my range to 210-220, but I used 220-230 above to demonstrate with my current status)
    Would this be okay?

Hi @frankwbrown the format works fine with me...I can easily read it and if there's ever a question, I'll just ask you. Just so you know though...while you're in the regular team, your weigh-ins count towards team stats. Once you go into The Goal Zone (Mainenance), your weigh-ins are recorded, but they're not included in the stats, so make sure you're ready and spend a few weeks or so in your desired weight range before making the leap. As @PatriceFitnessPal can attest, it's a whole different ballgame switching from losing to maintaining. I'm sure she'll have some advice or at least a story to share.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures, @izzyred9400. I hope your back heals completely soon and you enjoy the rest of your stay in Greece. A place with rich history, delicious food, and a gorgeous beach is definitely my perfect place to relax! 🏖
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the extra challenge to move, @jessicakrall8. Our masters (old people) soccer league starts tonight so I’ll get more exercise tonight than I’ve had in a while. My muscles are sore from the personal training session I had with my husband yesterday but I’ll do my best to run up and down the field tonight. I’m not a skilled player but I do a decent job getting in the way of the opponents. I’m a bit worried that I haven’t been running at all and my cardio exercise has been very short bursts this summer. We’ll see how it goes … I always say, “It’s a win if nobody gets hurt,” especially the first match of the season!

I’m glad your mother in law is doing better @LaurieWrobo. Thanks for the update!

Great step reports, @frankwbrown and others, as always. Keep up the good work!

• kateineu
    kateineu Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kateineu
    Saturdays
    PW 177
    CW 176
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Msashleybing
    Sundays
    PW: 193.6
    CW: ??

So, yesterday’s weight was 191.8. My scale was acting wonky today and I think it was because it needs new batteries. It showed 187, 195, and 194 for today. I’lol be changing batteries today (had to get some), so I can submit a weight tomorrow or use yesterday’s weight.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Hi @frankwbrown the format works fine with me...I can easily read it and if there's ever a question, I'll just ask you. Just so you know though...while you're in the regular team, your weigh-ins count towards team stats. Once you go into The Goal Zone (Mainenance), your weigh-ins are recorded, but they're not included in the stats, so make sure you're ready and spend a few weeks or so in your desired weight range before making the leap. As @PatriceFitnessPal can attest, it's a whole different ballgame switching from losing to maintaining. I'm sure she'll have some advice or at least a story to share.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
    Jessica

Thank you. After reading the following comment, I got confused about the difference between being "moved to the Support team" vs being in maintenance mode.
    Bearchested
    Friday
    CW: 194.2

Got the diet a bit more under control after the holiday weekend.

Hi @bearchested ...wtg on your loss this week. You asked to be moved to the Support team for a while to work on body comp. Are you wanting to be moved back to active now? While in the Support team, you don't need to report your weigh ins, but you can still chat and participate in the step challenge. Let me know as I'm not sure what to do with your weigh in. Thanks!
    Jessica

So, since you'll still record my weight once I'm in maintenance mode, I'll just continue to post using the regular format, since that seems easiest for you. I'll just add a little embellishment at the end, which you can ignore.

Thank you for your efforts on the administrative side of things. You make it all easy for the rest of us.
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    AC204
    Sunday
    PW 193.4
    CW 193
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal, @jessicakrall8
    Great advice. Thank you!! You’ve given me a lot to think about. Nancy
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,089 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    1pd4jmy7buum.png
    CONGRATS to this week's winners and honorable mentions! Great job!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ok. Weigh in day is Mondays.
    Pw: 216.4
    Cw: 215.8
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Steps so far this month (Since September 4):

09/04: Watch not worn/no count
    09/05: Watch not worn/no count
    09/06: 6,164
    09/07: 12,426
    09/08: 25,320 (includes 50 minutes of Zumba class)
    09/09: 28,969 (includes African dance workshop - about 2.5 hours)
    09/10: 11,441 (includes Bulgarian line dancing for about an hour)
    09/11: Watch not worn/no count (I generally skip weekends, unless something is planned, like the "2022 Boston Heart Walk" coming up this Saturday, 09/17.)

@jessicakrall8, Hi Jess! Now that I'm recording more regularly, is it best to just report new steps, rather than running totals? (I think I missed out of the August challenge due to inconsistency.)

Thanks! (Carole)
    6rwhftmxcpjh.png
  • Walela617
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi @izzyred9400! What a cute meow! (γατάκι - "gatáki" = kitten in Greek) Beautiful scenery! Thanks for sharing! <3
  • Walela617
    Options
    WOW! Over 45 lbs. our first week? That's AMAZING! Woo-HOO!
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Susanna527
    Monday Weigh-In
    PW: 201
    CW: 200.2

Congrats to all the winners - awesome job!

@Pupowl - Condolences on your aunt's passing and thanks for sharing the beautiful photos - the birds are soooooo cute! xo
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yukie_OP Steps check-in:
    9/6 6,150
    9/7 2,991
    9/8 6,129
    9/9 6,382
    9/10 6,124
    9/11 5,652

@Pupowl - thanks for sharing the pics, i especially enjoyed the bright bold blooms w/the butterfly
This discussion has been closed.