Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    We should all be so lucky to be as organized as Alexandra. Try as I might I am somehow always between PAVs shiny squirrels 🐿 and obsessed planning/scheduling. Many conflicts there as I often get distracted.

We all have our unique personalities!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh - Alexandra could you please post the recipe for your orange ginger muffins in the recipe thread? Hope they aren’t too calorific cause they sound tasty.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,659 Member
    Options
    muffin squirrel? <wet nose sniff>
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You are all so funny, and so informative. I love this group. For the record, MFP has determined 2020 calories is a good daily amount for me. I do not count exercise in that number. If I do a lot of exercise in one day, and I'm really hungry, I'll listen to my hunger and eat more.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Not bragging but I have been “ dieting” for 22 1/2 hours!….the “ sugar fog “ has already started to leave my mind!….today has been a good day and I am looking forward to tomorrow….I have let a lot of time waste away the past few months….
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Oh - Alexandra could you please post the recipe for your orange ginger muffins in the recipe thread? Hope they aren’t too calorific cause they sound tasty.

I did that! They're about 125 apiece, which for me is not too bad. I eat two of them over the course of the morning and then eat lunch. But this works because I cannot handle eating any heavy protein, especially traditional breakfast foods, first thing in the morning. I can nibble this with tea and get my system functional, and by lunchtime the idea of eating food is one I'm good with.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Alexandra.

Glad to see you, Connie. You will do it. You are not alone - my last 10 months have been a weight nightmare - but things started turning around in September. BUT. We are not giving up. That makes it a blip on the weightloss / healthy weight lifestyle highway - not a failure or a plain old regain of lost weight.

For me the biggest challenge has been to get away from the "I should/used to weigh this much" and that killed any sense of accomplishment/determination/motivation pretty quickly. Switching to KG has helped. I'm almost thinking of that number solely when I weigh myself in the morning - and I'm thinking of my daily hopeful weight in KG now - and these are numbers that I have never seen as an adult - so it feels a bit like a nice fresh restart (which I know contradicts what I wrote in that last paragraph - but - life is complicated and so are we).
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Nice to see you Connie!

I've had a few days in a row of unplanned eating at surplus, which also coincided with a drop in my regular exercise. I'm up 440 calories over TDEE for my ten-day rolling average. Time to get a grip.

So today when I got up I gave myself a pep talk...the result is that I've had a good solid deficit day plus I did a tough bike ride (35 miles) as well as my usual 90 minute walks. After a few days of rocky self-control it feels good to have nailed down a solid deficit.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Had my annual physical today. All lab work is fine, doctor is happy.
    I need a few tweaks here and there. And who doesn’t enjoy a good tweaking now and then?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great work, Bella. I think this is what successful maintenance will look like for me - when I get back there. Occasional runs over - then a bit of making up. I'm kind of looking forward to it! Hopefully it won't involve any big weight swings - because those are always depressing and my weight can swing pretty good. A few bad days can easily look like 10 extra pounds. I know they are not real - but they do number on my brain.

Hope you are having a fine tweaking evening, Yooly! Congratulations.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Yes, my 440 additional calories have equated to 4.5lbs additional pounds on the scale - I know they're not real but they're still annoying. I just have to drink a little extra water to flush them away, and exercise some patience until I've metabolised the carbs and salt and they're gone on their merry way.
    Options
    I slept late and am now trying to get my rear in gear, lol. There's a lot of laundry to fold and I need to make my girlfriend peanut butter muffins, and I need to clean out the fridge. I generally do a quick clean and tidy to get any containers that are actually empty and just taking up space once a week, but the bigger, "remove everything and wipe out the shelves with hot soapy water" needs doing.

I think I'll put away the clean dishes and do the muffins first, because then I can have an empty dishwasher for any containers I find in the fridge, and I'll have a clear sink for washing the shelves. Then I can do the folding upstairs where I have the table set up.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Bella - you hard bringing just the right attitude. Good for you. Patience exercising is hard :(
    Alexandra - it is going to be all in order soon. I love that feeling when you know the fridge is completely in order and clean. Every time I open the door to that it makes me smile!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Lol...make that: Bella - you ARE bringing just the right attitude. But maybe you are bringing it HARD?! :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Day #3 was a success!….feeling more like myself and motivated to keep it going!….

7 people using our fridge so it does get full and messy!…we do have a freezer and everyone has a mini fridge in their bedrooms for drinks, string cheese, pudding, etc….that helps a lot…..
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good work, Connie. I don't know how you do it with all the "other" food that must be around. I guess you have learned (when things are good) how to desensitize yourself?
    Options
    We have the main fridge with drawer freezer, the big upright freezer, and the second fridge with top freezer in the garage.

The garage freezer mainly has the premade lunches and other meals in it, though it's also where I lay things when I need to freeze them flat so they'll take up less space. The garage fridge is the sodas and the extra cheese, almond milk, etc. and if I need to chill some stock so I can defat it it goes out there. It's also where I will thaw the Thanksgiving turkey and keep the premade things that just need warmed up for the party.

Main fridge is cooking supplies and tea and lattes. The freezer beneath is this week's meat and the things that are frozen "anytime" meals, plus my muffins and Girlfriend's muffins, and the half-used bags of frozen vegetables. Everything else goes out in the big upright freezer.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Love it, Alexandra.
    When I was prepping for my no right hand/post surgery period I picked up an extra compact freezer - plus I have a fridge with a three-drawer bottom freezer that I sold to my cousin that she hasn't picked up yet. This is on top of my own compact under the counter fridge (to keep my nimble :) ) and a compact under the counter freezer.

I've grown quite accustomed to having all of these - not sure how to give any of them up! My back room "sold" fridge is where I put large pots of soup/stews to cool (in summer - in winter they go out into the unheated back room) and things like watermelons - groceries when I come in with lots of produce that I'm not going to prepare until the next day - party food. How am I going to give that baby up???? And I love its freezer - it has one 2 inch deep drawer that is perfect for ice cube trays. I'm going to miss it when my cousin finally picks it up (it has been almost three years...lol)
  • jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning.
    September 17 I tested positive for Covid I don’t have a fever, fatigue is huge didn’t lose sense of smell or taste. I am lucky I guess.
    Exercise is difficult. My weight loss last week .8lb. I’ve lost 19.8 lbs since July 1.
    Stay well good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Good work, Connie. I don't know how you do it with all the "other" food that must be around. I guess you have learned (when things are good) how to desensitize yourself?

When I eat healthy and lose weight, it is what I do….if I am not eating healthy or dieting, I don’t….it doesn’t matter if the good stuff is here or not SMH!