Downsizers Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

12021222325

Replies

  • JR50Fit
    JR50Fit Posts: 27 Member
    JR50Fit wrote: »
    Had a fail but also a success. I ate junk food, Hawkins Cheezzies and a few mini halloween chocolate bars 😡 that’s the fail but, in the past I would then stop counting the calories and just forget about the day. This time I counted all the calories, accepted it, thought about why and how I could change it for next time. Progress!!

    I am changing my weigh day to Monday.

    I would like to join the step challenge too if possible.
    Sept 26-16,937
    Sept 27-14,991
    Sept 28-13,084

    I find my fitness pal and my Apple Watch/health app don’t always sync properly, anyone else??

    Mine seems to be syncing better but not always. That’s a great NSV. Insight is a good tool. What did you figure out to do different next time? I am always looking at new ways to prevent unplanned snacks. Your steps are amazing.

    Thank you! Work always has snacks and I just try to walk away and avoid where they are. For home, I can’t keep junk food in the house. If it’s not here I can’t eat it. Kitchens cleaned out now 😉 My steps are high because I’m always moving at work.

  • JR50Fit
    JR50Fit Posts: 27 Member
    Steps

    Sept 29-16,264
    Sept 30-12,706

    Daily goal of 10,000
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 392 Member
    JR50Fit wrote: »
    JR50Fit wrote: »
    Had a fail but also a success. I ate junk food, Hawkins Cheezzies and a few mini halloween chocolate bars 😡 that’s the fail but, in the past I would then stop counting the calories and just forget about the day. This time I counted all the calories, accepted it, thought about why and how I could change it for next time. Progress!!

    I am changing my weigh day to Monday.

    I would like to join the step challenge too if possible.
    Sept 26-16,937
    Sept 27-14,991
    Sept 28-13,084

    I find my fitness pal and my Apple Watch/health app don’t always sync properly, anyone else??

    Mine seems to be syncing better but not always. That’s a great NSV. Insight is a good tool. What did you figure out to do different next time? I am always looking at new ways to prevent unplanned snacks. Your steps are amazing.

    Thank you! Work always has snacks and I just try to walk away and avoid where they are. For home, I can’t keep junk food in the house. If it’s not here I can’t eat it. Kitchens cleaned out now 😉 My steps are high because I’m always moving at work.

    My work has rows of cubicles on either side of the aisles. Literally walking between two walls of desserts, chips, anything you can imagine. Lol I hate in office days.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 945 Member
    HAPPY OCTOBERFEST!!
    German food, German beer and German bands. Went to opening night at our local society. Just missed the honorary keg tap. Had a good amount of food and no beer.
    Check in:
    Steps - 16917
    Calories - roughly 2320. Some guessing at dinner.
    Exercise - pickleball for 2 hours, walk to and from festival. 1 mile each way.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,727 Member
    Happy Saturday Team !

    Weigh-In:

    Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 4
    Previous weight - 220.2
    Current weight - 220

    Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

    Sunday - 5,180
    Monday - 18,666
    Tuesday - 14,504
    Wednesday - 12,539
    Thursday - 13,733
    Friday - 20,446
    Saturday - Coming 🔜

  • fatfifties
    fatfifties Posts: 233 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

    Steps

    9/28 15,776
    9/29 9,258
    9/30 13,092

  • fatfifties
    fatfifties Posts: 233 Member
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Friday
    PW: 154.8
    CW: 153.4 (loss 1.4 lbs)
    LTD: 115.6 lbs

    Great loss after a mega loss last week!!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,823 Member
    hzw0abbs3fa3.jpg
    This bad boy was in our neighbor's yard!! Magnificent creature. 😳😁
  • fatfifties
    fatfifties Posts: 233 Member
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    hzw0abbs3fa3.jpg
    This bad boy was in our neighbor's yard!! Magnificent creature. 😳😁

    Omg where do you live? It's like a zoo!!!
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 74 Member
    IP2021

    Wednesday
    PW: 262.1
    CW: 263.2

    Sorry for the delay in posting.

    It's been a crazy week with long hours at work, ToM and not quite eating right (probably because of ToM).

    I did manage to reach my step goal every day, so at least that's good.

    Hopefully this coming week goes better.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 7,240 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    I'm down in the 270's and am less than 50 pounds away from my goal. I can't believe it. Running is causing my weight to just fall off me, and I've started eating 400 more calories a day to slow it down.

    This is a very smart thing to do. Rapid weight loss can cause health issues.
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Friday
    PW: 154.8
    CW: 153.4 (loss 1.4 lbs)
    LTD: 115.6 lbs

    Nice loss!

    Friday Weigh in!

    Chrissyinbloom
    PW 222.6
    CW 222.0

    Congrats on the loss!

    MadDuck62 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

    PW: 301?
    CW: 307

    Change in meds is hell.

    Hang in there. Hopefully, your body will adjust and you will start losing again.

    laura9400 wrote: »
    PW:185.0
    CW: 186.0

    Still not 100% hoping to start working out again this week.

    Feel better!

    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

    PW: 154.2
    CW: 153.8

    I suppose it would help if I clicked on "Post Reply", to send the post, lol.

    [bNice loss! We certainly don’t see bears in the yard in Newfoundland. Probably in remote parts of Labrador. [/b]

  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 7,240 Member
    edited October 1
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    JR50Fit wrote: »
    JR50Fit wrote: »
    Had a fail but also a success. I ate junk food, Hawkins Cheezzies and a few mini halloween chocolate bars 😡 that’s the fail but, in the past I would then stop counting the calories and just forget about the day. This time I counted all the calories, accepted it, thought about why and how I could change it for next time. Progress!!

    I am changing my weigh day to Monday.

    I would like to join the step challenge too if possible.
    Sept 26-16,937
    Sept 27-14,991
    Sept 28-13,084

    I find my fitness pal and my Apple Watch/health app don’t always sync properly, anyone else??

    Mine seems to be syncing better but not always. That’s a great NSV. Insight is a good tool. What did you figure out to do different next time? I am always looking at new ways to prevent unplanned snacks. Your steps are amazing.

    Thank you! Work always has snacks and I just try to walk away and avoid where they are. For home, I can’t keep junk food in the house. If it’s not here I can’t eat it. Kitchens cleaned out now 😉 My steps are high because I’m always moving at work.


    My work has rows of cubicles on either side of the aisles. Literally walking between two walls of desserts, chips, anything you can imagine. Lol I hate in office days.

    That is a lot of temptation.
    rwood566 wrote: »
    HAPPY OCTOBERFEST!!
    German food, German beer and German bands. Went to opening night at our local society. Just missed the honorary keg tap. Had a good amount of food and no beer.
    Check in:
    Steps - 16917
    Calories - roughly 2320. Some guessing at dinner.
    Exercise - pickleball for 2 hours, walk to and from festival. 1 mile each way.

    I miss Octoberfest celebrations from my military days. A town about an hour away has the biggest celebration in Canada. Greg, @JaysFan82 have you ever gone to the Kitchener Octoberfest?

    Happy Saturday Team !

    Weigh-In:

    Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 4
    Previous weight - 220.2
    Current weight - 220

    Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

    Sunday - 5,180
    Monday - 18,666
    Tuesday - 14,504
    Wednesday - 12,539
    Thursday - 13,733
    Friday - 20,446
    Saturday - Coming 🔜

    Nice loss! How goes the gym last week?

    IP2021 wrote: »
    IP2021

    Wednesday
    PW: 262.1
    CW: 263.2

    Sorry for the delay in posting.

    It's been a crazy week with long hours at work, ToM and not quite eating right (probably because of ToM).

    I did manage to reach my step goal every day, so at least that's good.


    Hopefully this coming week goes better.

    I love that you found a positive. Not all our wins are found on the scale. Keep up the great stepping.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 211 Member
    Jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 150.2
    CW: 150.2

    A little bummed. I really want to get in the 140s! But I guess stability is better than going up in weight.

    I LOVE October but we are headed into hard times for weightloss for me! My 15 year wedding anniversary is coming up, my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, hubby's birthday, Christmas!

    Anyway it's a beautiful Saturday. Headed to the gym soon. Then work in the garden, maybe make a batch of pesto before the chill kills my basil.

    @lindamtuck2018 I took your advice and did some lunchtime walks this week. I didn't get to the gym as often as I wanted so I tried to get my steps in at least--

    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/25 6707
    9/26 10646
    9/27 7086
    9/28 8707
    9/29 11876
    9/30 9391
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 392 Member
    I have not been to Kitchener Oktoberfest but it sounds like something I'd enjoy too much lol
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 777 Member
    Steps 9/30: 13,492
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,727 Member
    Happy Saturday Team !

    Weigh-In:

    Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 4
    Previous weight - 220.2
    Current weight - 220

    Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

    Sunday - 5,180
    Monday - 18,666
    Tuesday - 14,504
    Wednesday - 12,539
    Thursday - 13,733
    Friday - 20,446
    Saturday - Coming 🔜

    Hi Linda. At the gym I’ve gone back to my old routine as I wasn’t really feeling my trainers program. I wasn’t happy leaving the Gym so I went back to what I was enjoying. Mostly for my own morale. I felt like I was getting down again. I’m also still doing Karate 3 times a week. The scale seems to not be moving much but I guess that will come with time.

  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 945 Member
    I have seen some of the new changes this site have just made. I can't scan a baroda unless I am a prime member. My water containers are different sizes than what they give. It is more of a pain now.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 625 Member

    Weekly weigh in

    Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Saturday 10/1

    PW 233.6
    CW 232.2

  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 625 Member

    @Megan_smartiepants1970

    9/25 3889
    9/26 6552
    9/27 7047
    9/28 8376
    9/29 6654
    9/30 3195
    10/1 tbd
This discussion has been closed.