Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Hi everyone - a quick check in!
    Yesterday was my birthday. I took myself to brunch and didn't worry about counting. Enjoyed an indulgent meal: a London Fog, swiss chard and caramelized onion quiche with salad, hashbrowns with green Chile & cheese, and half a piece of Meyer lemon pie. Drove to Ojo Caliente with girlfriends, hiked out to some old mica mines (about 4 mile hike), followed by a few hours in the hot mineral springs. Then pizza for dinner with my hubby! It was a good day.

This weekend we are driving to El Paso to see a comedy show-- looking forward to a tasty burrito in my future...! Back on the tracking and exercise plan soon.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I hope the pain subsides soon!! Are you watching any good shows or movies while recovering?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Hi everyone - a quick check in!
    Yesterday was my birthday. I took myself to brunch and didn't worry about counting. Enjoyed an indulgent meal: a London Fog, swiss chard and caramelized onion quiche with salad, hashbrowns with green Chile & cheese, and half a piece of Meyer lemon pie. Drove to Ojo Caliente with girlfriends, hiked out to some old mica mines (about 4 mile hike), followed by a few hours in the hot mineral springs. Then pizza for dinner with my hubby! It was a good day.

This weekend we are driving to El Paso to see a comedy show-- looking forward to a tasty burrito in my future...! Back on the tracking and exercise plan soon.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I hope the pain subsides soon!! Are you watching any good shows or movies while recovering?

Happy Belated Birthday... sounds like you had a great day .... The pain is unbearable I am just uncomfortable to say the least .... As for shows I record everything so I can watch whenever and that I can fast forward since I hate commercials lol
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 418 Member
    PW:186
    CW:187.6

I was on steroids this week due to a bad reaction to something. I can’t catch a break
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 270 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

PW 231
    CW 230.6

Thank you!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all.
    Check in:
    Steps - 5039
    Calories - 2421.
    Exercise - none. Resting my back. Better today.
  • Sorry im late submitting my weight, was busy day yesterday
    2 pound gain this week 👎 not been careful enough with food and drink
    PW-161
    CW-163
    will be more careful this week
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,497 Member
    @Bluetail6
    I know flying can cause water retention.

@Jpedno
    Happy Belated Birthday! 🎉🎂🥳 Your day sounded great. Now I want quiche. It’s something I keep meaning to make. Will you be weighing in this week?

@laura9400
    I hope things start looking up.

@aactuallyaash
    Nice loss!

@rwood566
    That’s what I did yesterday.

@Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Getting back on plan will get the scale moving in the right direction.

• lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 2,072
    Exercise: ✔️✔️
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    October badge: Coming soon

That is the lowest amount of steps I had in along time. I spent most of yesterday in my chair resting my back. It is not quite as bad today but I am sending my husband grocery shopping alone. Hoping one more day of rest will be enough to get back to the pool tomorrow.

Have a super Saturday!

• aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 169 Member
    aneedlecraft
    PW: 318
    CW: 321and bloated
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Saturday 10/22

PW 232.7
    CW 233.5

Arrrgh, I have upped my steps, upped my exercise minutes, watched my carbs (mostly, okay we had pizza on Thursday) but really this shouldn’t be happening. We go on vacation next week and I’m not going to worry about food. I figure walking will take care of itself. But bottom line is I expect a gain if nothing more than water weight from more high sodium foods.

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Hit a lull this week. I'm so ready to be done. I just want to get to Maintenance. Blah. 41 more pounds. I'll get there. I just wish "there" was next week and not 3-4 more months.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The October Week 4 Group Challenge is active and will begin on Sunday, Oct 23rd. Please join us as we discuss Emotional Eating and ways to combat it's clutches. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10876383/october-week-4-group-challenge-emotional-eating#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. I hopeyou are enjoying your weekends.
    Check in for 10/22:
    Steps - 5342
    Calories - 2700. More afternoon snacking.
    No exercise. Light shopping and resting my back more. Either a walk or gym tomorrow.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 yes! Posting my weigh in at 11 pm!

PW 149
    CW 151.2

OK I'm not happy but I did eat pizza and sticky toffee pudding on my birthday. So next week hopefully back in the 140s.

Doing check in from our hotel in El Paso- the architecture downtown is so cool! Had some great tacos and saw a really fun comedy show (John Mulaney). A good day. Headed back home to Santa Fe in the morning!
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 304
    CW: 305
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Happy Sunday Team !

Weigh-In:

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 3
    Previous weight - 221
    Current weight - 220.4

Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

Sunday - 5,646
    Monday - 8,926
    Tuesday - 19,405
    Wednesday - 13,231
    Thursday - 21,822
    Friday - 10,164
    Saturday - 7,973
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

10/16 3265
    10/17 8780
    10/18 7691
    10/19 8058
    10/20 7309
    10/21 7884
    10/22 5894
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

jn04qz5w4j9s.png
    bth4n69tohyz.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    x7ibuftfp6ne.png

By Pounds
    dq34ehhojorp.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    rw31rvoy7fnn.png

By Pounds
    4s2o8grn0nb4.png
    nmstowk9c1ir.png

Team Winners

4mhjrczl0o6y.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 3,083
    Exercise: ✔️✔️
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    October badge: Coming soon

Ok, last week was a bad week on the scales, exercise and sleep. Hurting my back on Wednesday didn’t help. Still very uncomfortable to walk so I am putting the pool off for another day.
This discussion has been closed.