• colemanmelissa
    colemanmelissa Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Melissacoleman430
    Weigh in day Monday
    Pw 236.1
    Cw 235.2
    Thank you Jessicavrosati and minstrelofsarcsm, ya next time I’m going to drink water and try to track my calories. I didn’t drink hardly any water. My mini vacations weren’t as detrimental to my weight loss as I thought. When I got back home I immediately got back into my routine and out of the 2 lbs had really only gained 1 lb. thank you for the tips I’ll be able to use them next time then not be sad when I get back home :)
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Any tips for traveling while keeping your calories where they need to be? I’m usually fine at home but if I go anywhere for even 2 days I gain a pound 🙁

Depends on if you travel for fun, with someone or alone. When I travel alone in the car for shorter trips, I pack healthy snacks (fruit, nuts, veggies) and sometimes whole meals in a cooler. For longer, there are some aseptically packaged stew-like foods that I like (indian, usually and brown rice) that, when eaten in actually listed portion size, are not bad nutritionally. Or sandwich stuff. Or I stop at a grocery for better options ehen I get where I'm going.

When traveling with hubs, we pack breakfast and lunch stuff (oatmeal, english muffins or bagels or boiled eggs, cream cheese and/or PBJ, and sandwich fixins (or prepped sandwiches with veg on the side), fruit, sliced fresh veg) and then only eat out for dinners. And snacks, trail mix, single serve chips, etc.

That can help. BUT (and it is a big one) it is pretty common for your weight to increase when traveling --it isn't always indicative of actual gains... sometimes it is just your body dealing with stress. Cortisol is a killer.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    MotylekOkruchy
    steps:
    Sunday: 21221
    Monday: 13804
    Tuesday: 11379
    Wednesday: 14222
    Thursday: 13742
    Friday: 16888
    Saturday: 12923
    TOTAL: 104,179

October total: 404,083
  • healthygirlintransit
    Options
    I need to move my weigh-in day to Sunday
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nooo, I completely forgot to weigh in and contribute to the October stats! And I lost 3lb this week as well!

I still like having Monday morning as my weigh-in day - what's best for me to do please someone? Should I just record Monday's stats now or skip a week and start recording in Nov for November's stats?

I'm also not sure if I need to do anything to join the group for the November one or if I'm automatically rolled over as an October member?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

@healthygirlintransit - You got it! I will need your weight from this past Sunday for your weigh-in this week, unless you'd prefer we just copy over your weight from this past Saturday.

gem_t_86 wrote: »
    Nooo, I completely forgot to weigh in and contribute to the October stats! And I lost 3lb this week as well!

I still like having Monday morning as my weigh-in day - what's best for me to do please someone? Should I just record Monday's stats now or skip a week and start recording in Nov for November's stats?

I'm also not sure if I need to do anything to join the group for the November one or if I'm automatically rolled over as an October member?

@gem_t_86 -

Whoa whoa whoa, deep breath.

You haven't missed a weigh-in, according to the spreadsheet. October's stats only went through the 29th, with the November stats starting on October 30th (a little confusing sometimes, but as long as you weigh in once a week, the team captains can keep everything on track).

Just record your Monday weigh-in now, and I'll enter it as your first weight for the month of November. The three pound loss will go into record for the results posted on Sunday.

As for your membership, it rolls over automatically - you are all set!
  • shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am missing weigh-ins for this week from:
    @shnkrnrynn

I did post at around the same time I post weekly.

Here is the quoted message for your reference.
    shnkrnrynn wrote: »
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 210
    CW (Current Weight): 207

Steps October 24 - October 30
    October 24- 11616
    October 25- 10181
    October 26 - 3812
    October 27- 6173
    October 28 - 3708
    October 29 - 4811
    October 30 - 2372

My steps might go down a bit going forward, doing a lot of push pull workouts on some days.

ggx2o3kau8el.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @shnkrnrynn

October 24- 11616
    October 25- 10181
    October 26 - 3812
    October 27- 6173
    October 28 - 3708
    October 29 - 4811
    October 30 - 2372

My steps might go down a bit going forward, doing a lot of push pull workouts on some days.

ggx2o3kau8el.png

oh goodness, I got distracted by steps and completely missed it - thanks for correcting me!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Thursdays
    PW 147.7 (in Sept)
    CW 143.5

I took a month off to see how the change in treatment would affect me. So far no nasty side effects. Napping a little more in the late afternoon/early evening.
  • shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @shnkrnrynn

October 24- 11616
    October 25- 10181
    October 26 - 3812
    October 27- 6173
    October 28 - 3708
    October 29 - 4811
    October 30 - 2372

ggx2o3kau8el.png

oh goodness, I got distracted by steps and completely missed it - thanks for correcting me!

Totally understandable!! Thanks for doing all the stats they are lovely!
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm

I'd like to be excused this week for the weigh-in, I will participate in the step challenge though. (Who knows? Maybe we'll break the 3M record this month?)

I hope to resume weighing in next week.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm

I'd like to be excused this week for the weigh-in, I will participate in the step challenge though. (Who knows? Maybe we'll break the 3M record this month?)

I hope to resume weighing in next week.

You got it, one excusal coming right up!
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

@healthygirlintransit - You got it! I will need your weight from this past Sunday for your weigh-in this week, unless you'd prefer we just copy over your weight from this past Saturday.

gem_t_86 wrote: »

@gem_t_86 -

Whoa whoa whoa, deep breath.

You haven't missed a weigh-in, according to the spreadsheet. October's stats only went through the 29th, with the November stats starting on October 30th (a little confusing sometimes, but as long as you weigh in once a week, the team captains can keep everything on track).

Just record your Monday weigh-in now, and I'll enter it as your first weight for the month of November. The three pound loss will go into record for the results posted on Sunday.

As for your membership, it rolls over automatically - you are all set!

Thank you so much! In that case my Monday weigh in on *cough*Thursday*cough* is:

Current weight: 12stone 3lb
    Previous weight: 12stone 6.25lb
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 153
    CW: 153

😐 Not surprising given that I was on a long flight from Rwanda to New York. I know that lack of sleep causes higher levels of ghrelin and hunger. If not for the calorie tracking I probably would have gained. Still getting over jet lag but I should be over it soon.
This discussion has been closed.