Shape Shifters Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Thx @jessicakrall8, but my brother was only here for 2 days and had left - this was 2 weeks ago - he only made a short trip
    My mother-in-law is still in hospital transferred to ICU to keep a better monitor on her BP since its not stabilizing
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    This is my weekly maintenance weigh-in report.

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 127.3
    CW: 128

SW: 168
    LTD: 40 pounds

My target range is 120-130 pounds so I’m going to work a bit harder to reach 125 pounds after my rowing race on Sunday. Best wishes for a successful week, Shape Shifters!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Hi all,I've been so busy trying to finish decorating my bedroom.I had to have it done by Monday as the carpet fitter was booked.I had to cancel him twice as it wasn't ready.Thankfully it's all done & also the stairs & landing.My bedroom is still pretty empty but looks nice.Im pleased with myself for doing it all myself.
    I do not want to fill it with clutter again so I've got alot of boxes to sort over the next few weeks.I am determined to be ruthless lol.
    I'm glad you are feeling good inside & out @CasandraW.I did feel for you when the shopping trip with your daughter didn't go well.Congrats for not eating your feelings & remaining calm.
    I hope @LaurieWrobo that your husband's appointment goes well & that you will have something else to celebrate as well as your birthday.You must reach out anytime if you are feeling down.Hope you find time to recharge in other activities you enjoy.
    Hope the team members meet their personal goals this week 😍
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 937 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi @jessicakrall8 I keep forgetting to put my steps in.Please could you add me to November's Step Challenge.I will keep at 14,000 steps.
    My favourite place to walk in the autumn is my local park.I haven't been in a couple of weeks so I will definitely go this weekend.I love all the autumn colours of the many trees in the park.There are also paths into woodland & along the canals to enjoy.Also a cafe if meeting friends.
    My steps
    10/30 10,816
    10/31 11,150
    11/1 9,846
    11/2 9,760
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-166.2
    Current weight-168
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Been busy myself. I forgot who had the dog pics but they're gorgeous. And everyone else's stuff was cool also.

I seen my regular dr yesterday. We're gonna try some accupuncture next week to see if it helps me gain some pain control more naturally. I do try some natural herbal remedies at the moment like tumeric and black pepper with mild success.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 - I’ve heard tumeric can help. I include it in some cooking but I’ve never used it as a supplement. I’ll have to look into how to use it and the amount recommended, etc.

I hope the acupuncture helps alleviate your pain. My husband has had success with acupuncture. He has to have regular treatments but most of the cost is covered by his insurance so we feel fortunate about that — best wishes!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @izzyred9400 - Congratulations on completing all the hard work of redecorating your bedroom, landing, and stairs.

That’s quite an accomplishment! I’m also glad you were able to enjoy a fun night out to celebrate your son’s birthday. It’s so nice to have your sons so close by and spending special occasions together — definitely worth taking a break from your project, even if you had to reschedule the carpet installation!

Enjoy the peace of mind your new uncluttered room brings you! You’re inspiring me to make progress on my decluttering tomorrow. 🙏🏼
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    My mother-in-law is still in hospital transferred to ICU to keep a better monitor on her BP since its not stabilizing

I’m sorry to hear your mother-in-law is still in the hospital. I hope they find the source of her problem soon. I’m sure the stress and uncertainty also have a negative impact on her blood pressure but at least they can monitor her eating, sleep patterns, and other things that might exacerbate the problem.

Sending healing wishes ❤️‍🩹 and hoping you enjoy your birthday with your family — May all your birthday wishes come true!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Steps 3 Nov: 18.194
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Spent yesterday cleaning some and hanging up the curtains. It was a lot more annoying to do alone than I expected. But I did my best to hang them straight and in the middle and I think it looks pretty good. I will put a before/after below. I used a pencil to mark stuff, but then discovered pencil marks are very hard to remove from a wall. Everything I did just rubbed off the paint. So I dug up the old can of paint I used when I moved here, almost 2 years ago. Once I removed the rubbery top layer on the paint, it looked fine to me, so I decided to give it a go. I know where to look on the wall, and I can't see any difference at all so I am pleased that worked out. More cleaning today! Happy Friday everyone <3
    5cg25doexi6n.jpg
    fk0t1naxptjh.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Nice work @Pupowl! I have to be in the right frame of mind for that kind of task, requiring careful measurements and centering. I’m sure it feels good to accomplish another DIY (do it yourself) project. The Shape Shifters are a resourceful group! Go Team!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW: 198.4
    CW: 197.0

This month I am determined to log all my food and close out my diary every day. That went well this week, I'm on a 6 day streak so far. Also went to bed most nights at 11pm and felt good by the little bit of extra sleep that brought.

This morning I got up early and fit in a 30min dog walk and a 35min workout on my indoor exercise bike. It always feels good to get a morning workout in. I find it sets the day up nicely and puts me in a good mood.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 7,000
    Tue 11/1: 12,554
    Wed 11/2: 10,452
    Thu 11/3: 8,821
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    November week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday, November 4
    PW: 225.6
    CW: 227.6 ( gained 2.0 lbs; 0.89%) this week
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @pedal__power - That’s good news to hear about your positive streak. Keep up the excellent work!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options

@SavageMrsMoose
    Friday Weigh In:
    PW: 167.2
    CW:163.4

Mostly recovered from my huge gain last week!

@CasandraW I prefer to exercise in the morning. It makes me feel better and I lose motivation as the day goes on. I agree with @pedal__power completely. Starts the day right. I've never tried a barre class other than online. They sound interesting to me. Is there another location you can go to since yours closed? There is definitely a needed social aspect to fitness classes.

@jessicakrall8 Sounds like you've been doing great with your nutrition!

@ac204 congrats on getting into the 180s! Good luck on your 5K!

@LaurieWrobo will keep you in my thoughts, both for your husband and your MIL. Very scary stuff. Hopefully he will get the all-clear and she will start to stabilize. And Happy Birthday! You and I are almost birthday twins! Mine isn't until the 17th though.

@PatriceFitnessPal I'm so sorry about your week. Sounds really tough. Mental health issues, caring for aging parents, none of that is easy, but to miss the flight on top is the kicker! You have to to take the Dr's call when it comes, its almost impossible to call back!

I've only missed a connection once and there is nothing worse than seeing it at the gate, but doors closed. Glad you were able to get another flight, but still sucks. You have such a great attitude, though.

It snowed about a foot here over the last day or so and its beautiful. I've gotten my running done on the treadmill- still trying to calibrate my new watch to get the pace to reflect somewhat what the treadmill is saying. Much closer today and was able to complete my workout! I feel successful today!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 386 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Many thanks to Jessica and all other members who wished me well! I am still not 100% but recovering steadily. My average walking speed is back up to 4-4.4 miles per hour! (Not bad for a 5'3", 64 year-old woman!) :)

Walela617
    (Thursday) Weigh-in
    PW: 154 lbs (previous weight) (11/03)
    CW: 154 lbs (current weight) (11/03
    LTD: 12.6 lbs (since 9/1/22 when I joined my lifestyle change program; 63 lbs. less than highest weight of 217 on 2/29/2008!)

Going forward I will only post LTD from 1st November weigh-in for this month's challenge. Below is my scale pic from yesterday as well as stats given by my Renpho scale app:
    mp8vxwj0y6iy.jpg
    0fh17y38kkor.jpg

Each week I will post a pic of my scale pic plus a FW (first weight)/CW (current weight) stat side-by-side comparison graphic to show progress from first day weight to current weight through November. (I will do my last weigh-in for the month on the last Wednesday of November instead of Thursday, which would be 12/01/22. (Hope that will give me enough time to atone for Thanksgiving, LOL!)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    <3 Carole

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 220.5
    CW: 223

Damn you Halloween candy company cartel!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 - I’ve heard tumeric can help. I include it in some cooking but I’ve never used it as a supplement. I’ll have to look into how to use it and the amount recommended, etc.

I hope the acupuncture helps alleviate your pain. My husband has had success with acupuncture. He has to have regular treatments but most of the cost is covered by his insurance so we feel fortunate about that — best wishes!

One of my colleagues said she has a breakfast cereal that has tumeric in it to help alleviate swelling!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.