Replies

• cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 194.0
    CW 196.0

Had a lot of sodium yesterday so hopefully the gain is temporary. I managed to keep the bag of Halloween candy closed until that day, but I did indulge. Leftovers were put in the freezer.

Still in PT but now dealing with this new back issue. I feel like I’m playing a game of whack-a-mole with all my ailments! I’m thinking I may have so see a chiropractor if this doesn’t improve but I really don’t have time to schedule it!

I’ve got my daughter’s old room painted except for the doors. Still looking for more furnishings and I need to decide on new blinds so they can be delivered in time. I just can’t decide on the best color to go with the trim. So many variations of white!

Every time I think I have everything I need to finish the room, something else pops up (hello, duvet insert). I think I can get most of it done by the 19th, but I also have the rest of the house to clean, and this cranky back is slowing my progress. I need to make sure I don’t overdo it.
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 142.8
    CW: 143.9

10/28 - 6,569
    10/29 - 15,531
    10/30 - 5,902
    10/31 - 21,961
    11/1 - 9,070
    11/2 - 12,755
    11/3 - 12,769
    11/4 - 5,832

I completely forgot to post my final steps for October. I am so sorry. I had way too much Halloween candy this week.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Super random, but I found this funny. Today at work we were given shirts, they say "100 percent club", so I asked what we were 100% in, the awenser-Capacity... We are at 100% capacity, our facility is full, and we got shirts 🤦 for those that dont know, I work in a memory care assisted living facility dlt403h53d5b.jpg

🤣🤣 I mean, congrats (I think) to the facility but shirts? Lol what an odd thing to make a shirt about. You would think that you wouldn't want to be at full capacity. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 138.4
    CW 138.2
    Bit disappointing as I didn't even eat any Halloween sweets,but it's still a loss so I'll take it.
    Congratulations @CasandraW the scales have moved for you Yipee 🙂
    Great loss @Pupowl well done in your consistent loss,you've got this !
    @angemarie28 that is a bit strange,are the management pleased that they are at full capacity as they get more money ? For the staff it must be harder & surely the care of the residents is affected.Very odd,I agree @ewilhelm2487.
    @PatriceFitnessPal oh my goodness you did have a productive few days to sort out your
    family's care & organise all the doctor's appointments.Well done,I can see why you are so good at your job.You are a resourceful organiser.
    How disappointing that you missed your flight,but glad that you didn't let it stress you out & instead used the spare time
    productively.
    @cre804 I know how you feel.Its taken me weeks to decorate my bedroom.I overdid it & injured my back just moving the step ladders.So be careful.It's nice to choose new things but difficult.I got a new duvet cover but have alot more to buy.
    @Pupowl well done for putting up your curtain rail yourself,the curtains look lovely.You are braver than me,I am scared to drill into the new plaster & paint in my bedroom to put a new curtain pole up.I'm like your Mum & struggle with blinds 😖
    @walea2007 glad you're feeling a little better.That is a good walking speed,I'm 62 & only 5ft 2 I envy tall people with a long stride lol.
    Have a great Saturday y'all
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 148 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 201.0
    CW: 197.4

Oh yeah, this was a good week! I’m in NYC this weekend visiting family, and trying to eat well (hard in a city like New York where everything is SO good!!). But I’m walking a ton which is also easy to do here. Feeling really good!!

@Armygirlarmyof1: excuse me if this seems too personal, but by any chance are you taking a Statin medication? I ask because I went an entire year barely being able to walk (could only walk with a cane and was heading towards a wheelchair) and in constant agony. None of my doctors could figure it out. Went to an acupuncturist who asked to see a list of my meds, and he said it was the Statin I was taking. Turns out for 15% of users, it rips their muscles. After 2 weeks off the Statins, I was pain free and back at Jazzercise. Don’t give up on getting relief; you’ll find out the cause. I know being in pain can be so hard and really does a number on you psychologically. We’re all rooting for you💜
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    @nancyinmo - That’s a good question you posed! My mother had terrible leg pain after starting her statin medicine and told the doctors the onset of symptoms occurred with the statin but they dismissed her. She couldn’t walk and had to change her job as a postal carrier to indoor work and then retired early because of the physical difficulties. She discontinued the statin on her own and felt better. Now, she takes a different (non-statin) medication and I think there’s even a class action lawsuit because of all the people who suffered. Thanks for the public service announcement! 😊
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Holy smokes! I am so sorry your mother went through all that! Thank goodness she figured it out.
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nataliewr0403
    PW 135.8
    CW 136.0

Steps
    10/29 11,074
    10/30 9,568
    10/31 8,819
    11/01 8,066
    11/02 8,797
    11/03 7,561
    11/04 8,676

Soon I will finish working the long hours and the 7 days a week.
    @angmarie28 -That is a funny shirt, once my company gave us a book called "The little engine that could" as motivation, it idid not work as planned LOL.
    I see a lot of scales moving and that is great! I am very happy for your results

Hope you guys have a great week.

• Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday shape shifters!
    Yukie_OP - Weigh-in Saturday
    PW: 133.2
    CW: 133.2

Steps update (daily goal 6k)
    11/2: 3,713
    11/3: 5,276
    11/4: 7,989

The step-count this week is not very impressive, but since I'm studying/sitting quite alot, I'm okay with it- there's seasons where priorities shift at the expense of others. At least my weight is keeping steady.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 231.4
    CW 228.6

Finally under 230. Woohoo!!!

WTG @CasandraW !!! WOOHOOO!!! I know you're walking two inches off the ground today and well deserved!!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The November Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Nov 6th. Please join us as we "Get Back to Basics" in all areas of our journey. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10877334/november-week-2-group-challenge-back-to-basics/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited November 2022
    Options
    yz34hzzac3ci.gif
    We're missing 5 weigh-ins for the week (incl today). Please report in ASAP:
    @msashleybing x2
    @terrimccrery x2
    @ewilhelm2487
    @leni1us
    @kateineu

Thanks!
    Jessica
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I weighed Friday and thought I had posted yesterday.

Friday
    PW: 163.5
    CW: 164.0

Steps
    11/1 17,244
    11/2 9,033
    11/3 11,985
    11/4 7,728
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I have been so sick since Thursday. Feeling a little better today. Can't talk due to sore throat. Having been working out or getting steps in. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I know I have to call off of work tomorrow. I work with patients with dementia. Don't want to get them sick.
    I went home to visit family and friends for my birthday and got a nasty cold for my birthday. Not exactly what I wanted. lol!

alleykat69
    weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 188.0
    CW: 185.8
    TWL: 69.2
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @Alleykat69 Hope you feel better soon! Nice loss this week!
    Jessica
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    AC204
    Sunday
    PW 189
    CW 188.2
This discussion has been closed.