Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    edited November 2022
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Buncha dudes joining us next month!

that was the idea since I am in charge of recruiting :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please welcome @Bigjuicy2point0 to our amazing team :)

Thank you very much. Definitely glad to be here.
    Little bit about me, I've struggled with my weight since I was 10. I'm 43 (yes still this sexy at 43 lmao) at 39 I was getting ready to go through a divorce so I found the gym as my happy place. I went from 365 down to 265 before covid hit. With my job I supplied the entire state of Michigan with covid testing supplies so I was working 7 days a week for the first 3 months. That calmed down but now working 2 jobs to help pay down some debt so I had completely fell off track going back ip to 293.4. Now I'm forcing myself back to my happy place and staying on track. Reading the post on here I think this is exactly what I needed. Thank you for the support

You will get back to where you were in no time with the help of our very supportive/motivated group ..So happy to have you here with us :)
  • lartishs
    lartishs Posts: 29 Member
    Hi All
    I'm new to this group. I've got 3kg to go to goal. I've found it to be extremely hard and slow.
    With Xmas around the corner it will be good to chat and keep motivated at this time of year.
    I'm active and also a massage therapist. I'm 60 now but feel great with good energy levels. Look
    forward to chatting on here.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Hi all.
    Check in:
    Steps - 11837
    Calories - 2380
    Exercise - pickleball in morning for 2 hrs, gym after dinner. 8 machines and 18 minutes walking.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    edited November 2022
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    For the first time since I've started this I've been feeling completely unmotivated. I'm still going to the gym regularly but I'm having to force myself to get up and go. I'm sure a weight loss this week will pick me back up.

Gets so much harder when you get near your goal .... when everyone tells you how well you've done/ how great you look, and the loss slows down .... I went through a slow stage and nearly gave up ... but wrote down all the reasons I wanted to lose more ... it was a long list! Lost 9lb this month! Keep going. It will be worth it
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    Sorry for the delay.
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 140 pounds
    CW:139 pounds

Congrats on the loss and getting to a new decade. Have you decided on a goal weight yet?

IP2021 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Here are my steps:

zntaghytoldw.jpg

Was in Malta from Thursday to Sunday, so did a lot more walking than normal 🤗

You crushed your step goal. Well done!

Please welcome @Bigjuicy2point0 to our amazing team :)

Thank you very much. Definitely glad to be here.
    Little bit about me, I've struggled with my weight since I was 10. I'm 43 (yes still this sexy at 43 lmao) at 39 I was getting ready to go through a divorce so I found the gym as my happy place. I went from 365 down to 265 before covid hit. With my job I supplied the entire state of Michigan with covid testing supplies so I was working 7 days a week for the first 3 months. That calmed down but now working 2 jobs to help pay down some debt so I had completely fell off track going back ip to 293.4. Now I'm forcing myself back to my happy place and staying on track. Reading the post on here I think this is exactly what I needed. Thank you for the support

Wecome! Congrats on your loss to date.

• lindamtuck2018
    lartishs wrote: »
    Hi All
    I'm new to this group. I've got 3kg to go to goal. I've found it to be extremely hard and slow.
    With Xmas around the corner it will be good to chat and keep motivated at this time of year.
    I'm active and also a massage therapist. I'm 60 now but feel great with good energy levels. Look
    forward to chatting on here.

Welcome aboard! Wow, less than 7 pounds to goal.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Check in:
    Steps - 11837
    Calories - 2380
    Exercise - pickleball in morning for 2 hrs, gym after dinner. 8 machines and 18 minutes walking.

Great step day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2022
    Steps: 3,210
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️

I am stiff and bruised from my fall out of bed yesterday. Other than that I did something to my wrist. Nothing that is interfering with my day. I think the pool and hot tub will be good to loosen things up. I am planning on some laps today. May do arms and cardio. I will do some dancing in the pool if no one else is around.

Two weeks from today I will be on the way to the Dominican. 😁

My goals this week are:
    Log food at least 5 days
    Sleep 6.5 hours minimum
    Exercise 3 days

• lindamtuck2018
    jpgwmzsziegk.jpeg
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Totally forgot to post steps. Here you go:

11/22 7334
    11/23 6494
    11/24 7835
    11/25 10486
    11/26 11552
    11/27 5520
    11/28 5010
    11/29 6021
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    t5zcslwrxmr5.jpg

NOVEMBER WEEK 4 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @mari_moulin 83,786 steps
    2nd @fatfifites 76,944 steps
    3rd @IP2021 63,470 steps
    4th @rwood566 63,470 steps
    5th @rwillems 57,746 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 651,449 steps
    TERRIFIC JOB EVERYBODY :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 1/7
    @rwood566 6/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 3/7
    @mari_moulin 5/7
    @laura9400 3/7
    @IP2021 7/7
    @aneedlecraft 4/7
    @Jpedno 5/7
    @red1185 0/7
    @Bluetail6 0/7
    @chrissyinbloom 1/7
    @fatfifties 6/7
    @rwillems 6/7
    @MissGYST 3/7
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have a returning member joining our marvelous team ...Please welcome back @MSWarrior7088 :)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2022
    Username: MissGYST
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Start Weight: 237.6
    Previous Week: 228.8
    Current Week: 228.1

I'm not upset about this slowdown - cycle week, so -0.7 is ok with me! I wanted to finish the month at a 10lb loss but I'm grateful and happy that it's close and I've been consistent (even though you wouldn't think so by my inconsistent logging - next goal to accomplish).

I hope everyone is doing great and feeling better too! My sinus infection finally went away and 2 days after I was hit with a toothache so bad that I could barely eat. You have to laugh at some point, but at least my dentist was able to resolve it quickly this week!
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome @lartishs @SkipperScott50 @JarheadSFMF @Maesneuadd @Bigjuicy2point0 and welcome back @MSWarrior7088! Looking forward to losing with you all!

• MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Username: MSWarrior7088
    Didn't do my Weigh in because I had workers in my house....will do it tomorrow!

Hi All,
    I'm so glad to be back.

Little history on me....My name is Joyce and I have MS. The whole reason why I wanted to change my diet was to help improve my mobility and strengthen my weak side. I walk with a cane and my right side is super weak.

I am married to a wonderful man and have 3 kids.

I'm trying a low carb/keto diet but weight loss it's going slow...lol
    In the past I gained and loss...but I want to make it a permanent loss!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's stories.

Can you please add me to the step challenge! 😊
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Username: MSWarrior7088
    Didn't do my Weigh in because I had workers in my house....will do it tomorrow!

Hi All,
    I'm so glad to be back.

Little history on me....My name is Joyce and I have MS. The whole reason why I wanted to change my diet was to help improve my mobility and strengthen my weak side. I walk with a cane and my right side is super weak.

I am married to a wonderful man and have 3 kids.

I'm trying a low carb/keto diet but weight loss it's going slow...lol
    In the past I gained and loss...but I want to make it a permanent loss!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's stories.

Can you please add me to the step challenge! 😊

Welcome back Joyce ...I will absolutely add you to the step challenge ...What is your step pledge? December step challenge will start on 12/4

• MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Is it per week or month?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Is it per week or month?

The step pledge is what you will hit daily ... and you can post your steps daily or weekly
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. Another month has slipped past us.
    Check in:
    Steps - 7334.
    Calories - 2370
    Exercise - pickleball for 1 hour.
This discussion has been closed.