WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for the delay! Gained weight unfortunately, cw is 225.3 😢 that being said, I'm enjoying the holiday and ready to get focused in the new year ❤️ @jugar
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm with you @conleywoods - my current priority is Christmas prep and going to my own personal zen space whenever I start to feel overwhelmed.

I'm not totally abandoning my sensible eating habits, but I won't beat myself up if I have too many minced pies (or drink too many Baileys!)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,115 Member
    Options
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    Please can I have a pass until January 13th as I am traveling and I don't know if and when I will come across a scale. I am weighing in a day early and am pleased to report I am under 215 which I had set myself as a goal to reach before I fly.

No problem! We'll see you when you are back. I hope the storms and strikes, lions, tigers, and bears do not give you too much woe :heart:

Bon voyage!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thankful to be down a bit, especially with the holidays, but feel bloated and yucky. Trying to make good choices but yet still enjoy all of the holiday cheer, ya know? BUT! I bought new jeans this week and they were a smaller size and that felt amazing!
    New smaller jeans!!!!! That is fabulous.

@ells_bellz and @CarolAnnM2 WELL DONE! Those challenges are great, and the medals and bragging rights are fabulous. I'm also smiling that you are named Miller, Carol. My husband and kids are Millers! I never changed my name when I married (that is not a Québec thing - everyone keeps their birth names). So of course, I have a great affection for all Millers :smiley:

Just a quick reminder to everyone who has put in their intentions for the January 1st "who am I?". Check in on how you are doing, and let's look at what intentions we might need to look at as we slide to the new year. Shared spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wi0i87iKT7THzfMInln_oyb5IQAfsiSPBaHwWGfCA4c/edit?usp=sharing
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @ells_bellz I am so sorry you had this traumatic experience.

I do not have any advice to offer other than finding a therapist that you like. It took me three different counsellors when my dad died to find one I felt was helping me.

Hugs and love coming your way
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    @ells_bellz you all did an amazing job to help John! And yes, you froze at first, but you asked what you could do and you gave him a chance! The classes never teach you what CPR is actually like, and doing it for the first time can be traumatizing. Usually the first person who starts breaks ribs and that is not a great feeling. Something they also don't tell you, is only about 12% of out of hospital cardiac arrests survive and in hospital, it is still only around 25% (even if they come back from CPR). Take some time for yourself, talk to any friends or family and even us here! You all did a great job for stepping in and even trying to help John!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods sorry this is coming so late, but I sincerely appreciated your words last week. Meant a lot - thank you.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Username: bowens1973
    CW: 196.8
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @ells_bellz Talking about it is good! During your holiday try and talk to family and lean on them, try to get back to your normal routines. It takes time to process trauma and grief. Please take care of yourself and we are here for you!
  • jugar
    Options
    @ells_bellz I just want to give you the biggest hug ever right now. I am sure it is completely normal to feel as you are after being so close to someone dying - you are upset, upside-down, all over the place, and unable to control your reactions to people. I think you'll breathe through it and come to know that you and the others did an amazing job, you kept him going as long as possible, but it was too much for his body and he died. You did everything you could. I commend you and your chef and anyone else who helped. Looking him in the eyes was a brave and wonderful thing you did. I am sure he saw you and knew you were helping him. If you need help to get through the next little while, it is a great idea. But I am so glad you shared this with us. You are so brave.
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm just wishing all of you the best - I have been telling my 92 year old mom about you and how glad I am to be part of this little community. Thanks for being here!

Friday people (and one more Thursday!) are up next!

@eggfreak
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @wishfuljune

Tally ho!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Oh well, I didn’t get my flights but I am rebooked for travel on Friday, arriving UK on Christmas Eve.

The agents at the airport were really helpful and rebooked me in the same class with no bother. Springfield literally had 7 people there so no long lines or anti social behaviour.

I came home, had a cooked meal and settled in for the night. Friday I will travel. Saturday I will see family.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    @ells_bellz So many words and thoughts have been shared here and I hope that you get some comfort from them - and I am in full agreement.

Your account of that afternoon was so complete and so fully described that I can see how deeply it would affect you.

Just remember - you and your colleagues acted and helped. You were not merely bystanders.

It was good and right and brave of you to share this experience, and I am glad that you did.

Now you need to take care of yourself.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,575 Member
    Options
    PW: 188.8
    CW: 190

@ells_bellz - Sending you and your co-workers all the good vibes! I agree with a lot of other people here - talking about it, with family/friends, here, and with a therapist, could help tremendously. From what you shared, it sounds like you and everyone did the best they could.

I woke up feeling bloated and TOM starts for me next week. I think I ate pretty well and worked out this week so I’m not letting the number get me down.

I’ve taken today off from work to finish some last minute gift wrapping, food prep, and other chores. I’m also going to my group fitness class this morning to start the day off right.

My husband and I have officially started the process of looking for a home so that’s going to be fun. We saw some houses last night and realized quickly what we need in a space.

I hope that everyone has a great Friday!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 222
    CW: 224.6
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    CW: 179.2
    Can’t wait for the next level of allergy testing next week. I may need to go several tweaks re: food but it’ll be helpful to have some answers about fatigue, coughs, and food reactions.
    @lauren_989 NOOM is an online program with many lessons about the emotional and psychological reasons for how we perceive nourishment and how to make lasting changes. They’re coming out with a book soon, which would be worth reading. I’ve gotten a lot out of the psych tips and strategies over the past year. It’s been more challenging to keep up with both F2F and NOOM but overall, worth it.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    @AshenMoon thank you for the info! I will definitely look into it.

@jugar I think you brought your cold weather to NC. Its currently 18F and will get down to 9F tonight! Please take it back with you!

The past few days, I have done semi ok eating wise. I am actually proud of myself even though it was no way close to perfect.
  • jugar
    Options
    *****Public Service Announcement*****

I will be glad to take these temperatures back to Québec with me :smiley: I'm leaving the 28th, so hang on Southerners! Hope is on the way!
This discussion has been closed.