WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Spent time this morning reading thru posts...
    @veronica1359 So sorry to read of your terrible experience. Glad to hear you are back home, healing and checking in with us...and joining in with Waistaways for the new year.
    @ells_bellz sending a big hug to you...a very scary experience.

I'm going to begin some aspects of my 'reset' today. Still too many high calorie things in the house (quiche, etc..) and I won't ignore all of them, but I WILL log them. When the January thread is opened, will bookmark Chat on my phone and hit the Habit tracker again. I will find my charging cord and start wearing my fitbit again. I need to get obsessive about weighing food on the handy scale at the counter AND logging every bite.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    Let's take advantage of this final week of 2022 to plan and set up a few small (but effective!) habits to track in January 2023. The new Habit Tracker is ready for you!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878952/habit-tracker-december-2022-january-2023#latest
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Trying to get my head back in the game. I have been so off the rails the last few days…well to be honest, more like most of the year. It’s been a tough one in my life.

But, I started my day with a short Pilates routine and it was just what I needed. Not long, but something. The book Atomic Habits that many of you have mentioned, entered my day from two points, through you all and my Pilates group. I think it may be just what I need right now. He also has a newsletter that goes out every three days to help with habit building. I signed up for that and will likely order his book.

I read on of his articles (I will try and link it here ) on habit tracking. So much of it is what our leaders here at Waistaways encourage us to do. But it’s a great motivational read if you want to know why we should track. <Ahem, I’m speaking to myself here too>

When I jumped on the scale this morning it was not surprising but motivation busting. Up a couple more pounds. Probably will come back down but ugh, not good.

Anyway, all of this is what I did after that ugly scale number. I haven’t read new posts but promise I will soon.

Hang in there,friends, if you are struggling. Keep up the great work if you are reaching your goals and tracking those habits.

I got a lovely, new, warm coat for Christmas, but it was the biggest size I’ve ever gotten. I can love my new toasty coat and be smaller in it. Maybe next season, it will be too big.

https://jamesclear.com/habit-tracker

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 2,216
    Monday: 2,425
    Tuesday: 7,598 + 30 min jog + 20 min resistance
    Wednesday: 3,251
    Thursday: 3,974 + 30 min peleton
    Friday: 8,776 + 30 min jog + 20 min resistance
    Saturday: 3,261

@jugar I jogged 2x this week at OTF

I feel like some of the others posted, no more sweets in the house, start tracking again, and meal prep. My husband went to the grocery store and I gave him a list of healthy foods while I went to the gym. Enjoying an extra day off of work this week 😊
  • micki48
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Weigh in

PW 211.3
    CW 213.6

Bounced right back up there. Not surprising. I’ve lost control. It’s ok. I’ll get it together because right now all that sugar is not sitting well in my tummy.

@ells_bellz Sending you a big virtual hugs. I totally agree with all the wise sentiments, you have been very brave, kind, and caring yet this was a trauma for you as well. Keep talking and processing this. You did your best. He had a lot of other things going on. Give yourself time to feel better. Hugs friend.

It’s very cold here. I don’t know how our Canadian friends cope. I’m hoping the pipes in my house in Greensboro are ok. My son is up here and not down there to drip faucets. I also had a dogwood tree fall on my house in NC from the wind. My friend who is watching my son’s cats called to tell me.

Here in PA it’s about 6°. Brrrr. My granddaughter is in bed excited to see what Santa brings. I know she’ll be happy.

Night all. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all those who celebrate

Girly!! You and I are always in sync! Up and down lol Let’s do this and get these darn pounds off!!!

@DianaGetsFit512 ❤️We can do this together, girlie!! Thanks for the support beautiful lady.
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! 🌲

@micki48 it's 32 here now in Greensboro! Such a warm day 😂 According to the duke energy map, just about everyone has power back in our area. They were talking about rolling blackouts yesterday, today, and tomorrow so the energy grid doesn't overload. So far not at our place, but keeping our fingers crossed. I hope your house is ok with the tree falling on it! Let me know if I can help with anything!

We are enjoying the day with family. Getting ready to cook a yummy dinner here soon. Then some sweet treats 😊

Thank you so much Lauren. Glad you are warm and have power. Thanks for the offer of help. ❤️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,621 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...You have a new member joining your amazing team ... Please welcome @Rauhis :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    Hey folks.. hope everyone had a good Christmas.

I'm behind on posts and I'm sick now and have very little energy. Just wanted to check in and say I was here and I hope to log in to catch up soon!
  • kto0194
    kto0194 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Monday
    Pw:169.9
    Cw: 170.5
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Feel better Ashley.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Waistaways @Rauhis - looking forward to getting to know you.
  • jugar
    Options
    @Rauhis We are looking forward to having you with us for January, and hopefully beyond! Go ahead and introduce yourself, read through some of the previous posts if you have time, and ask any questions you may have. We'll start gearing up for January over this week - our commitments, small habits to stick to every day if possible, etc. It may feel like a lot joining in here, but you'll get to know everyone and how it all works quickly, I'm sure.

The January chat thread will open up on Friday or Saturday, so we'll all be ready to roll on New Year's Day. Looking forward to all that January energy!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Happy Boxing Day, everyone! We drove to northern Vermont yesterday afternoon and slept over at Emily's for a short Christmas visit. We returned home this evening via an Italian restaurant where I showed great restraint in serving sizes but not much (*any*) in spoonfuls of tiramisu! At least Sarah and I shared the dessert instead of each of us eating a whole one.
    I plan to do additional exercise using the Apple programs 3-4 days each week. It's not always a given that I workout in the pool with patients/community members so, it's time I got back on the proverbial horse and keep making improvements. I'm tired of feeling worn out and tired so, it's time to stop doing what doesn't work and take the steps necessary to make the change. Easily said and simple to do...just not always so easy to accomplish but hey. If we all did what we know works, we wouldn't need this venue to help each other keep going, would we? And then, I wouldn't have the lot of you sitting on the living-room shelf making comments and suggestions to me when I need the encouragement 'cause we never would've met! That's a sad thought.
    Part of my plan to make improvements includes the few MD assessments I mentioned (allergy and gastroenterology) and to find out what else may be ailing me physically. One step at a time.
    Well, historically, I prefer to take several steps at once and jump over hurdles. However, that's not what my next chapter is about. It's time to fill in the missing spaces; to "In-tend then A-ttend".
    Have a good rest of the holiday week. I look forward to reading your updates.
    Happy Everything! xoxo

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,621 Member
    Options
    You have another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @Isitua :)
  • jugar
    Options
    You have another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @Isitua :)

Welcome aboard @Isitua ! Dive right in, and tell us about you, your journey, your plans - all the things :smiley: And of course, if you have any questions, ask away. It is great to have new people with us to boost up the energy. See you soon!
  • jugar
    Options
    As we head into Tuesday, there are a few weigh-ins missing from Sunday and Monday:
    @ells_bellz
    @annieo22
    @MoonlitMuse

Tuesday is a great time to catch up :heart:
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Isitua - looking forward to meeting you.
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good morning Waistaways 😊

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and replies to my traumatic post.
    I was thinking that something good must come out of bad, traumatic experience and one thing came to mind: if something happens to my loved ones - at least now I know how to do CPR! It is never the same to do it at the training, on a manequeen 😊
    That last week I let myself go.
    I'm really sorry for huge gain, but hopefully now I'll be back on track 🙈

Thank you again ❤️
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Current weight 226.8 lbs 🙈
  • Isitua
    Isitua Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you @jugar and @CarolAnnM2 x

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas. Thank you for adding me to your team. I’m so excited to be on this journey with you. My name is Isi. I live in England and I have 3 kids.

I just had a baby in September and I’m trying to lose some weight and build my fitness level. I just started going to the gym a few weeks ago but it’s a bit hard juggling with kids and work.

I just started logging my meals and weighing to keep track of my calorie intake so fingers crossed. I’m hoping to get more serious with my workout and Healthy eating in January x
  • micki48
    Options
    Welcome to Waistaways @Rauhis and @Isitua! We are so glad to have you join this amazing team. This is a REALLY special, supportive group. Looking forward to getting to know you.

@ells_bellz so glad to see you checking. Don’t you worry about that gain. You are here. And you will do this. I believe you are stronger for what you have gone through. Still a hero in my eyes too.

@EvMakesChanges Thanks for you post. Sounds like you have a great plan for the new year!

I have lots of things swirling in my head for goals for January. Need to take some time to sit down and think about this.

I’m not there yet, but little changes have started. There is still lots of food (sweets) in the house, family here, etc. I have not yet taken action on the dr things or gym yet, but I will.

Have an excellent day friends!!
This discussion has been closed.