WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,622 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ... Another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @zankash23 :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 Hadn't tried myself till I read your post but I get a weird access denied message when I click on Groups. I too navigate to most of the places I go from Bookmarks, so I hadn't noticed until now.

@zankash23 Welcome to the group! Looking forward to having you and learning about your story.
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you @ashleycarole86. Looking forward to the challenge in January. I’m zan and I live in England. I’ve got 3 kids and I’m looking for motivation and support in my weight loss journey.

I’ve just returned to the gym a few weeks ago and I’m looking to get serious in January. It has been a bit difficult this holiday because of the chocolates we keep receiving but I hope to get back on track
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,115 Member
    Options
    Hopefully everyone is back with access to the Groups - it was weird earlier today.

Hi Zan! @zankash23 Welcome to another member from the UK - now we have @Isitua also joining our UK cohort, and @Meals12 from New Zealand. I love it when the sun does not set on our team. Well, except in Northern Canada where it does not rise much this time of year :smiley:

I'm back in Canada after 12 days in the no-snow zone down in the Carolinas. It is great to be home - I love visiting my mom, but it is always wonderful to return to the quiet woods here. Even when I have to haul the toboggan with my luggage up the hill in the snow! I'm back in sled dog mode - can you hear my tail wagging?

Because of the lack of access, I missed the reminders last night - but here we are. These are the weigh-ins due up through Thursday:

@annieo22
    @MoonlitMuse
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Quick thing - it just flashed through my mind, so here you go:

You may weigh in using ANY system. Metric, stones, pounds, whatever. I have the easy translations always at the ready!
  • kto0194
    kto0194 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone have tips on drinking more water? I am not naturally a big water drinker. I used to fill the void with coffee and soda, but I have cut back to one small cup of coffee in the morning and no soda for a couple months. Getting rid of soda has been a huge accomplishment for me, I still get cravings but fight it every time. Anyways, I was drinking a ton of water for a few weeks but suddenly find I am only getting a glass or 2 a day. I don't think about it often and I don't give it attention until I get some negative effects like heart palpations. I've tried some techniques before like specific waterbottles and different temps/flavors. I know how important it is, how helpful in wieghtloss, and just need tips that worked for you to help me up my intake.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 172
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Not sure if it’s too late or not. Not impressive.

Sunday 12/18 5884
    Monday 7577
    Tuesday 7696
    Wednesday 7223
    Thursday 6678
    Friday 5526
    Saturday 7811
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Welcome to all our new members! Glad you made it back safely Liselyn. You made me laugh with all the people/cars. Charlotte is busy to be fair , but Wew, you should see the Philadelphia area!!

Ashley, hope you are feeling better soon.

Sylvia, I hear you. Those darn sirens!

I put a small piece of fruit in my water sometimes. Gives it a little flavor. Cucumber is good too.

@PlaneMonkey Hope you are well. Haven’t seen you post much.

Hang in there everyone. We can do this. I received my Atomic Habits book. So far only read the intro.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Suprisingly no change in my weight @jugar
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi all!
    Well, it happened - positive covid test this morning... I just hope with all my heart that my mom did not also get it. We all both all boosted up, and she already had it once, so I'm hoping if she does get it she will be like the last time with just mild cold symptoms. I feel fine - just like a very minor cold, no fever so far. But now our house is a divided nation. Luckily it is possible to do that, and we both wear masks whenever not in our designated "mine only" spaces. Harrrumph I say! I made it through all this time without catching it, but with travel, crowds, and people everywhere without masks, I guess it was hard to avoid. I mask absolutely everywhere in public, but that just was not enough.

No excuse not to exercise, though! I am "living" in my all purpose exercise and music room, and sleeping in my son's old room. And the outdoors is full of lovely snow and clean air :smiley:

I hope you are feeling better @ashleycarole86 - and if not, stay in bed and drink lots of water :heart:

As to water, @kto0194 - I absolutely love seltzer, and make my own at home. It is the best way I have found to drink more water. You can add a splash of juice, fresh lemon or lime, a tad of white wine on special occasions - anything goes! I have a fire extinguisher with food-grade CO2 in it, I re-use 2 litre bottles with little adapters, shake each one 100 times twice (great arm-jiggle exercise!), and it is fabulous. It is SO much cheaper than Soda Stream or any other system, and you do not have the endless trash of little cartridges. Here is an article that describes the system - https://www.seriouseats.com/pros-cons-diy-carbonation-rig Let me know if you want to give it a try - I know where to get all the little gadgets :smile: It only takes a few minutes a day to always have a few bottles of the stuff in the fridge.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Sorry you caught COVID @jugar .. time for our leader to rest! I am still not 100% and have been confined to bed 2 of the last 3 days.. trying to kick it. Fingers crossed your mom avoids it
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 175
    CW 180.4
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar and @ashleycarole86, rest fearless leaders, take it easy on yourselves...because 2023 is going to be fantastic and full of good Waistaways energy. Sending you virtual chicken soup to feel better.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    @jugar I hope you feel better soon and don't get too sick! Unfortunatelty covid is going around like crazy in NC. In our hospital system, the numbers have almost tripled in the last month or so. And not many wear masks when out in public.

I saw someone at work today eating cookies and drinking a mountain dew and I thought to myself, that looks good! Why can't I eat just what I want? (Of course this coworker is not at a healthy weight) I told myself that I am doing this for my future self and if I eat it now, I won't even remember eating it next week. That worked for me today!

@kto0194 I have a hard time drinking water too. I have a cup of tea in the morning and drink with meals, but otherwise I don't drink much. I recently got a yeti 30 oz cup and I find that helps me drink more, just having it nearby at all times.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,622 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's....Another new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @Major_Psy_Girl :)
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh @jugar @ashleycarole86 Liselyn and Ashley ❤️ Feel better soon ladies ❤️
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 197.6
    This is my last week of gain - time to get back to tracking and focusing on the year ahead.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    qy1ltusf3h26.png
This discussion has been closed.