Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It’s 36 feels like 36 with a high of 50 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.—Dalai Lama I AM: I do my best to remain positive and peaceful. Axe Sharpening: It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.—Kevin Jordan 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Let someone know how much you appreciate them and why. Fitness quote for today: You are never truly wealthy until you have something money can’t buy.---WODNation on Facebook. Motivational quote for today: A grateful thought in the morning puts you in a powerful, positive mindset to face the rest of your day.—Unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 10,288 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Truck Unload this morning at work then SYLL Chest/Shoulders in the gym after work.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good morning from the North, it is a balmy -7C this morning, so nice after the cold we have been having. I am working on my New years goals and thoughts for this coming year. I am having trouble thinking that it is almost 2023, seems like yearterday it was the start of 2022.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I'm having a rough morning thus far, but I'm trying to count the positives this week instead of dwelling on the negatives. I signed up for the new Crunch fitness that will be opening soon in my area (I miss zumba classes badly), I ordered some new workout clothes, ryka dance shoes, and hiking boots (thanks Santa!), and I worked on my weight loss journal last night.

Here's to hoping the day improves!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,126 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I'm not sure what happened, but I saw our provider working down the street and TADA it was back up right after. I'm so HAPPY!!
    @Cseguin2,,,

@ALL so happy we are all back!!
    @CSEGUIN2 That is a lot all at once. I agree, kind of off to lay someone off then say please apply. Keep praying. It all will come together, hopefully sooner then later.

Connie, I've worked enough places, it seems to be uncaring, but actually they really are HOPING you'll come aboard. It's just the paperwork stuff. Often when a new company comes in, there's usually a clause of "We won't provide you with our workers, though they are free to apply if they wish." it's all nonsense from the workers viewpoints (and often upsettness) sadly that's not taken into account. But please know there IS THAT HOPE the workers WILL apply. Believe me unless the worker is a most horrid employee, and you are far from that, They'll JUMP at the chance.

Sadly tooth wise that makes sense. Are there any dental colleges near you? Or if you call 211 and ask for any dental offices that go by income level they are still very good, but a lot less cost. It can take a bit to get into them, but once you do, you are IN and the care I've found to always be outstanding. I go to one because hey they care, I get fantastic care, and at a cost I prefer.

With ALL you are facing Connie, you are an AMAZINGLY STRONG WOMAN which right now you may not see, but we sure do, and believe in you. Please as @Ceriusly1 said depend on God he promises us in 1 Corinthians chapter 13 verse 10 (or 10:13 FOOLISH BRAIN I have) He will not give us more to bear then we can handle." It seems like we can't, Ceri refers to Matthew 7:7 keep seeking, Keep asking, it will be given to you. Sometimes the answer we seek isn't what we get, but it always works out. HUGS from us all.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,430 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, it's a busy morning here as I tend to things so I can do volunteer this afternoon and I also want to get a walk in since it is mild enough and not raining but I know the rain and the cold will come back,it's much too early for spring but it feels like spring after those really cold temps we had. I got my LTGL in I chose to wear my new winter boots while cooking and to wear them for 30 minutes, more then met !! Now I can slide through to the weekend woohooo!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 if you saw your service provider no doubt they got lots of complaints and had someone check. So far mine has been good during the weather, but if it went down I have a few books I can read so no biggie - then there is always the phone internet unless it goes down too. My contract for this samsung fone is almost done woohooo look out I be back with IPhone -yes I know how much you dislike them. Not me haha. Did you go with your friend looking at kitties ? Is she wanting one ?
    @dms1977 good morning and welcome, we all have a day like that and this team is the best to be on to help us through it but it does seem like you have a good plan of action that you are going to do. Well done!! Very good to count the positives and not dwell on the negatives. When I find myself doing that, I automatically think of something I am thankful for - it always helps.
    @majork29 hello from balmy BC - Vancouver area and yes it is hard to believe this year is almost done, it's been such a kaotic year for so many but setting goals for the new year is a great idea - I am going to work on resistance training, start slow and build on that. What part of the North are ya from ?
    @everyone sure hope you are having a great friday and will enjoy a fantastically safe, healthy and cheerful weekend as we all slide on into the new year!
    h30vxim7c0qy.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for all the support!

Rain most of the day. But walked to do some shopping. Felt a little better today. Work went well. Still have to make taco dip for my friends after work. My Son is here for the weekend.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is New Year's Eve and I am looking forward to celebrating it this year. Usually I just go to bed early but this year I have something to celebrate. My Fiance. I look forward to being with him for the rest of my life. I want to grow old with him.

@majork29 - I am excited for 2023, but likewise it is hard to think that it is almost here. I get married in June 2023.
    @dmsl977 - That is great that you are working on all of that. I am sure you will get there and with all the new stuff it will be great. I should get some more workout clothing.
    @LindieMaeP - It is pretty nice outside. It will I know not stay that way. So we will eventually be colder and wetter outside.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,009 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I'm late to the party, but I will be participating in the 5% Challenge this round, with the Red Hots!

I also joined the 5% Bloggers team, here's a link to my blog:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880568/micaroo4s-musings#latest

-Mica
  • majork29
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 That is a lot all at once. I agree, kind of off to lay someone off then say please apply. Keep praying. It all will come together, hopefully sooner then later.

I have worked in HR for years and we always lay off workers when we take over a business and the rehire them. It is so that they sign all our onboarding paperwork, adn that everyone starts the same way, that way we don't get we a clause in the work agreement that we want. Example, employee X gets to have the same vacation time every year... I see this one all the time. It may seem harsh but it is paperwork for the most part every current employee that is laid off gets rehired. Terms of employment may change and there is a probationary period again.
  • majork29
    Options
    LindieMaeP wrote: »
    What part of the North are ya from ?

I'm living in Edmonton which is North for most of our members but not really north for Albertans!!! LOL

• majork29
    Options
    Good morning from a colder Edmonton, it is -16C this morning. Puppy of course got me up at 5am to play, did you know that 5am is a great time to play?? I didn't know this until recently. Good thing that i am a morning person, but 5 is a little early. Oh well, I am making my new schedule for the month and think that I will make 5 my start time.

I have been working on getting some goals written down for the year, they are still a work in progress. I have been trying to think about where i want to be a year from now.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It’s 36 feels like 33 with a high of 62 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Tomorrow is the first blank page in a 365-page book. Write a good one.—Brad Paisley. I AM: I consume only what contributes to my well-being. Axe Sharpening: The more consistent you are at taking care of yourself, the more consistent results will be.—Jeremy Mullins Director of MyTransPHORMation challenges/registered dietitian Action for Happiness: Plan some new acts of kindness to do in 2023. Fitness quote for today: Today I will do what others won’t… so tomorrow I can do what others can’t.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: The Universe is already planning an amazing future for you. Allow yourself to relax and enjoy the moment, knowing that everything ahead of you is taken care of.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 16,417 steps yesterday.
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good Morning - last day of the year - hard to believe- looking forward to 2023! Getting rid of some if these extra pounds.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly rainy and mild day here today. my daughter says hi. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. later on today here, the transit will be free to use. from about 7pm to at least 3am, there is no charge to use the transit here today. even the Go transit is free to ride here from the same time i mentioned above. even where my parents live, the local transit there is free from about 7 pm to about 2 am. once a year, on new year's eve, transit is free in the evening hours, so everyone taking transit can get home safely from any new year's eve celebrations. this has been going on for quite a few years now. happy new year's eve, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am taking an easy day today to recoup from this week. Well as easy as my 2 German Shepherds, plus my son's German and Aussie Shepherds that I'm puppysitting, will allow. Lol @tslose I too am looking forward to 2023. The last couple have been good professionally, but tough in so many other ways. I'm ready to make my health and happiness a priority again.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning everyone, hope you all are going to slide into 2023 happy,healthy, safe and satisfied in a good way. I intend to spend time today to make a schedule for resistance training - just 5 - 10 minutes a day to get used to it and as it grows on me let the time go longer on it's own. I will commit to the 5-10 and after that it's a freebee so to speak. I will continue with my normal exercise as well as my health allows. Other then that I just plan on watching movies later today after some volunteer work I do with my congregation.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I looked at this week's bible reading and decided to watch the Josia movie as it goes hand in hand so to speak. How are you doing? How is Izzy doing ? I am debating getting another cat for Gene he's starting to work over time again and last time he did that it got out of control and he wound up in hospital. He's working 11 to 7 today I said good i will exercise in the living room without disturbing you. Transit is free today at some point - but not sure all day or not I'll tell him to check ...
    @majork29 been there to your city - the Edmonton Mall was interesting but too big for me LOL Hope you figure out your goals ok. I know where I wanna be!
    @tslose woohooo last day of the year, I am happy to say good bye to 2022 and happy to see what 2023 will bring. Health wise my over all goal is to get to 150 lbs but I don't intend to get there over night, so if I can meet the 5% challenges that will help immensely. In the end, no matter what, I will have learnt something along the way and that makes us all winners !!
    @dms1977 I am not cooking today, that's my easy day - no cooking - it's all cooked and I just have to heat and eat lol Enjoy your time with your pups !!
    @Tabatha_Cain you have a lot to look forward to in 2023 with your wedding and all !! Enjoy your evening!
    @everyone have a good morning and afternoon - stay safe, healthy and wise !!
    atem1yyc5r17.gif
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I pray that 2023 will be a year of reaching a few goals, of joy no matter what, and of having love in our hearts!
    Hau'oli Makahiki Hou! <3
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good afternoon, I am heading out to Safeway shortly before any rain appears on the horizon - I want to pick up a couple of items and get my walk and steps in, good way to do so. I don't make new years resolutions. I do set goals but do not need a new year to do so. I keep them in front of me all the time so I can work on them. The small goals I do lead to big results so I am happy about that. I want to loose 5% of my weight on this challenge, I have yet to do that so keep trying. I want to also be more agile so I will be looking at ways to build that as well. And as long as I keep particapating in these challenges, come what may, I am already a winnah in my mind. I will blog more about my goals later. May you all have peace!