Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all enjoying your Monday morning. This morning I have off as it is the observed holiday for New Year. It is nice to get extra days off. This is the last holiday until Easter though I do believe. So that is going to be hard going. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow so I will have to go to that and talk to the doctor. It is first thing in the morning. Can't remember what it is for. I think it is my yearly physical.

@katiecondy1 - That is a good idea. I may have to steal your jar idea. Although I have a really good plan for this year and I better never forget it.
    @LindieMaeP - My fiance has a hard time handling change too. I am ok with it though. I don't need to change everything all the time. We will change stuff when we move.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I would definitely have said something. If your weekend partner isn't doing their job I would say something to the boss. Glad you messaged her about the dishes.
    @NovemberGail - Glad Billie has been staying out of trouble. That is always nice.
    @majork29 - I hope you have fun in Mexico. It is true if you are working on the blanket you cannot snack. Not enough hands.

Well it is time for me to get some breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! It is a foggy morning in Oklahoma. I am up on this holiday Monday taking care of animals (my German Shepherds and my son's German and Aussie Shepherds) and I have laundry going. I'm easing into the day with a sugar free latte. I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,481 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I hope your day is going well and you are getting a lot accomplished through out the day. It is a cool grey day here and it was great for walking to Safeway. I was mosing along the isles taking my time and all of a sudden someone yanked on my cart - I turned around and there was my son! He had driven all the way to Safeway to get me to go to Walmart. I did have to get a few things at Safeway as Walmart does not always carry what I want. Once paid for we went down to parkade got in the car and went to Walmart. We spent 100.00 there!! OH MY He got his oatmeal cheaper then safeway and also some baked chicken pieces as well as samosa that he likes, and I got my dish washing sponges as well as a lunch for myself and a few other things. We should be ok for a couple of weeks now as I already have several meals good to go and no need to cook - just to heat and eat ! Came home and put everything away. I still have a few steps to get in but I can get those in later. Usually Monday is my laundry day but some folks who normally work might be off and need the machines so I'll do laundry tomorrow. How is your day going ?
    @Tabatha_Cain I hope you had a good day today, and you remembered what your appt was all about !!
    @dms1977 hope you enjoyed taking those fur babies for a walk and had a good time
    j3b4x4nndq5y.gif
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    https://oatseveryday.com/recipes/wprm-oat-smoothies/
    If your interested in smoothies here's an interesting recipe. Remember to right click, and request a new tab/window to view in so this tab/window stays put!!
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    We had a lil bit of snow..barely covered the ground..then the temps hovered in the 30's..now dropping into the 20's and ah ha there is more snow/sleet coming down..really wet stuff ..great!! We'll take it!!
    I am hobbling around without a cane or walker..woo hoo..but also limited amount of hobbling allowed.
    My happy lil knee likes to make musical popping sounds that send out slivers of pain to remind me of who is really in control here!! Sweet huh!! Nice comfy fire going most of the day ..ahh listening to the news more flight delays..knew there was a reason I do not like to fly !! Especially in the winter..do you have to chip ice off the wings..I am not getting in , on or close to that tin can that soars thru the sky!
    @pitrpatr21..glad you got your roof sealed up. With our weather lately who knows what is next? I even heard one of the weather people saying..folks this is just an educated guess tis always open to change!
    Not a whole lot going on..doing some Spring dreaming of garden stuff and yard fixing..wish I loved housework half as much as I love playing in the dirt!! But can during this time of year read and learn and decide what new or unusual things to try. Maybe I can even get these "city folks" that live with me interested, if I can get their noses out of their computer games long enough that is! A very different generation that is for sure!
    Gonna go stir up something for supper and then got a book that needs finished..how can they catch the bad guy if I am not there cheering them on!! Enjoy your evening ..make this year a good one and each day the best day it can be..
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,727 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @dianedoessmiles-aw I am glad you are keeping your spirits up! Yup I do a little gratitude thing every day too.
    @katiecondy1 -aw I hope you enjoy your book. I am reading "Hour of the Witch" among other things-so right now I stopped mid-trial! When I get back they will still be arguing.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! It's a cool and cloudy day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I did my strength training workout in the morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk in the afternoon and I dropped off some extra food to the food bank box that's set up at the local grocery store here. I'll definitely be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thunder is rolling around and lightning is brightening the sky. Rain is beginning, and Billie thinks it is safe enough to come from under the bed. Life is good. I managed to pull back some brush today for exercise and walked over a mile.

Glad to hear that some of you had today off for New Year's Day 2!

@Katiecondy1: Glad to hear that you are getting along without the cane or walker. Just listen to those knees and don't aggravate them anymore than you have to. 💐

Tomorrow's word is courage.

dub92r9fz6ak.jpg

I tried to catch some neighborhood fireworks. Doesn't it look like a tree is on fire?
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was sunny when I woke up after sleeping in so I went for my first walk of the year. It felt great. Worked again this afternoon. Tomorrow is TOPS. Not sure what the scale will do. But I am fine no matter what happens as long as I don't gain everything I lost last week. I know everything is slowly getting under control.020vfbjul4u7.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. This morning is back to work. After my doctor appointment. I did find out it is my physical today. So there is that. I am anxious on my physical. I hope to know I am doing well. I think they will probably poke my finger to get my A1C today. I hope it is a good number.

@dmsl977 - I was enjoying my day yesterday. Today is going to be a busy day
    @LindieMaeP - That is sweet of your son to meet you at the store. That is nice that you are waiting to do your laundry so other people can get theirs done.
    @katiecondy1 - I have never flown in a plane. I am afraid of heights so I don't get into planes.
    @NovemberGail - I had Monday off. I am back at work today after my doctors appointment
    @CSEGUIN2 - It is nice that you got a walk in yesterday. I need to get some exercise going. I don't want to gain anymore weight.

Well it is time to get breakfast going. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    It’s 54 feels like 51 with a high of 56 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Wellbeing is attained by little and little, and nevertheless is no little thing itself.—Zeno of Citium IAM: I constantly strive to improve myself. Axe Sharpening: Work hard on yourself, and if you truly do, everything else will fall into place.—Toni Livers 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Do a kind act for someone else to help brighten their day. Fitness Quote for today: Sore? Tired? Out of breath? Sweaty? Good. It’s working.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational quote for today: No one holds power over you.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,180 steps yesterday. Training plan: Truck Unload this morning then Full Body “GBC” Day 2 in the gym this afternoon.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Good morning, it warmed back up to -7C this morning. I'm looking forward to the sun coming up in 3 hours!! LOL I really hate how short our daylight is this time of year. I know that it could be worse.

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,125 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 6,473 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    zvqzrkxtunwr.jpg

I just finished my trio om mini stockings - A Santa, an Elf, and a Snowman. The penny is for size comparison. These are beaded
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today, with a chance of rain in the afternoon. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,727 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Not sure if this posted yesterday.
    @dianedoessmiles-aw I am glad you are keeping your spirits up! Yup I do a little gratitude thing every day too.
    @majork29 -oh those temps sound rough! Very grateful for our 40s but rainy temps
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. I woke up a bit under the weather today. As I'm working on Saturday, I gave myself grace to take today off. I'm trying to up my natural vitamin C. On a positive, I'm still soda free for the new year. That's huge for me.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning everyone, it's a some what rainy day here today and I am ok with that. Already got some exercise in doing laundry, will do my resistance training just before lunch, most likely after this post. I hope everyone is doing ok and enjoying their day.
    @TEXASTITCHER lovely bead work !! Thank you for sharing.
    @dms1977 good going on the soda free you will see a difference in about 4 weeks if not more as you just made a major change! A little fresh ginger tea might help or even fresh mint tea but if not peppermint tea will give you energy.
    @majork29 I agree on the lack of sunlight during this period of seasons, but I also love how it gets lighter and lighter earlier and longer and now I am waiting for the trees to bud and not look so nakid !! Across the street the lawncare folks are trimming the hedges and I am enjoying the sound of the hedge trimmers. They always do such a nice job.
    @Tabatha_Cain I was right about the laundry room and I ran into one neighbour who usually works Mondays but had yesterday off and did their laundry, well last night, they alerted me that the dryer might not dry my stuff, so I watched it and was prepared to pull my manual dryer rack out of the closet and put everything on it, howver, most items were dry just a couple of thick socks and wastebands that were not dry so I figure they will dry in the drawer of my dresser since that is right up against the heat, and trust me my place gets super hot dispite that! So I emailed management to have the dryer checked. In their ball park now. Hope your day is going good and your physical went good too.
    Well I have one phone call done and two more to go and I will do them shortly.
    jqaef8j9yss8.gif
  • SunshineFlGirl
    SunshineFlGirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Do you still show me as unclaimed?