Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It’s 30 feels like 23 with a high of 47 for today. Insight Timer Quote: The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little.—Jon Kabat-Zinn I AM: I attract love based on mutual respect and communication. Axe Sharpening: Move towards your dreams and your dreams will move towards you.—Stacey Erving Jr. 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Look for the good in others and notice their strengths. Fitness quote for today: Wake up It’s time to LIFT.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Be grateful for what you have today, you may not have it tomorrow.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 11,245 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Truck Unload this morning then Full Body “GBC” Day 4 in the gym after work.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good morning, My arm is killing me from that vaccine yesterday. Of course I had 2 of them, the one that they warned me may hurt doesn't, the one they said said shouldn't be a problem at all feels like it has been in a fight.... Glad that I don't have a lot of work today.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Diane: Yesterday I had a good day.
  • redgolden966
    redgolden966 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

@Dianedoessmiles1 Thanks for advice. I am still hoping that the holidays are a lesson learned. You can't go wild (though I read the Thanksgiving manifesto every day). There is truth in the old adage "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips". I am just so disappointed in gaining back so much over a month. Thankfully with practice week, I am already down 5.5lbs. Maybe by Saturday's weigh in, I won't be so embarrassed!
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I hope everyone's Thursdays are being kind. I am having a good day thus far. Still soda free! I'm looking forward to getting a dance workout in after work today. I've been focusing on my water intake so far this week and only getting a minimal amount of exercise in. Upping my activity levels is my next big self challenge. I did find out yesterday that the new gym I signed up for opens on the 26th. I'm really excited for that. I miss the camaraderie of classes.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to everyone! she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago to drop off some extra clothes to the clothing drop box that is near my place. i will be doing some dancing later on. i will be meeting up with a friend of mine for lunch today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

I dropped CJ off home, since it is the last day of temps in the high 50's for us I cleaned my car out which desperately needed it then tackled the patio. I even chased down the trash truck pulling my neighbor's wheeled can with the plastic bags that got wet in one of my cans that I wanted to get rid of for so long. It was fun. I brought everything in and my back said YOU DID A NO NO!!!! Took my shower, back meds, cooked breakfast which I brought to bed to eat. My back right now is still spasming greatly and hurting. I'm upset because the back is putting a stop to my house cleaning plans.!!!!!!! Hopefully I will be able to do cleaning tomorrow. One good thing this is my only work 3rd weekend so I can do some work Saturday when I get home before 2pm bedtime and Sunday as much as I want to do. I just hope I have the same CLEAN frame of mind.

OK going to finish countdown threads

TTYL

I thought I was cuckoo with posting but there are 2 threads the lounge and my team page glad I figured it out :o:o:o
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Lindiemaep,,, Glad you got the mushrooms done. I did get the results in , but LOL I have no real clue as to what they mean. Its so confusing of course, so I'll wait for a call at some point. I can go into the portal and think I will in a bit, but until the neurosurgeon sees them, which is usually in 24 to 48 hours (so hopefully by tomorrow or Monday). Ehhhh it's the way it is. WOOHOO on the RC!! Ours is May 26 to the 28th in Portland. EASY TO GET TO that's for sure!!! LOL I can see the civic center from where I live, now if I SWIM across the harbor!! LOL nah there's a bridge. Where is ours at? Is it easy for you to get to? I actually get my dresses off I had gotten a few skirts for the 2021 RC "just in case" I do have them.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, LOL People are amusing!! You'll have to spell it out, and if you dress up the words it'll go so fast!! "This treadmill is powered by YOU so you get more of workout! Its safer because when you stop it does also. No burns if a mishaps occurs. This can be used at any time since it's quieter. It's smaller for those spaces we have. PLUS when the electricity goes out, you can get a good workout to make ALL of your friends jealous! WHO NEEDS A GYM WHEN YOU HAVE (make and model)!!" Hehehehe I love words. I also putting things up for sale. I'll make most of mine humorous. Why? LOL Things sell better with a story "Nice cat bed, my cat approves of it, but felt it was just to good for her! She's a spoiled princess, but NOT that spoiled. I thought she'd love it, she showed me otherwise. DO YOU HAVE a pampered Kitty? Show them your undying love for only $10!" Hehehehehe!! I sold the tent with "We went camping, but we shouldn't of!! We always get the worse of weather, and we SURE DID! It RAINED ALL 4 DAYS!! We stayed DRY IN THE TENT, but we decided "ohhhhh in a hotel we aren't going to have to deal with being outside! That was the easy decision the hard one is letting this go at HALF PRICE since we only used it ONE TIME!! Our LOSS is YOUR GAIN in the fresh outdoors, sets up in under 1 minute. MAY THE WEATHER BE KINDER TO YOU!! We are SURE IT WILL BE!" The comments are usually hilarious! People send it to their friends, WOOHOO WORK IT WELL!
    @tslose ,,, WOOHOO TO THE BEACH!!! I live on the harbor which is pretty, but of course I'd not swim in it (Casco Bay Harbor/Portland Harbor (Maine) that's not swimmable to me!! BUT less than 3 minutes away (ALSO Casco Bay Harbor, but not all of the marine traffic, there are 2 ways for them to get into the port) and more within 20 mins. ENJOY THE TRIP!! Here's a pic of one I go to.
    1mzn6bpqnd0d.jpg
    @Majork29 ,, OUCH!! Have you tried putting ice on it? It helps with the swelling. The last Covid shot didn't hurt me at all, but the one before that OUCHERS!!!!! Please take it easy today.
    @Patti241,,, are you READY to start on Saturday? I AM!!
    @regolden966 ,,, YW!! As you are seeing already from this week, when it comes on fast, it also leaves fast. The trick is to do what you are already doing, back on your normal routine. Please do not beat yourself up. I am not sure if you were a member on Sparkpeople? I LOVED that site because it always empathized "It's a LIFESTYLE" I added to that "NOT A DIE"T! Yes life will happen, there WILL be times we'll overdo and hey that's life. It's really okay. You are back on track. I am glad you got to enjoy stuff. As you look back next year you may wish to make some changes, but still enjoy things. I go for people not the food. THOUGH I DO LOVE FOOD!! And will have a little bit of something I know i do not normally eat.
    @dsm1977 ,,, GREAT JOB on the water. OHhh when I read of you and the gym, I started to giggle as I recalled seeing this yesterday.
    rnvzoyks6w2y.jpeg
    @Cormierannie ,,, Good job on today. Hope you enjoyed lunch and being with your friend!
    @marg750me ,,, You got a lot done before your back decided to be OUCHERS!!! Do you use biofreeze or anything like that for spasms? A friend of min has a TENS unit for her spasms. I also do a hot bath with Epsom salt which does seem to help. We hope you feel better soon. Oh yes, on our own teams (Fit Force, Positively Strong 4 Life, Tenacious Grters, Red Hots etc.) there are the team chats and this one on the 5% Challenge so one may mingle with any member who visits here from the 5%.
    I know that @Patti241 and I are on the same team Positively Strong 4 Life. What team are you each with?

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    @dianedoessmiles-hello! Oh yes I have some book suggestions! I read “then she was gone” by Lisa jewell in two days while away. It was really good but had some triggers (sensitive subjects that could bring up bad memories). I am 2/3rds done with “hour of the witch” about a woman who is accused of being a witch after dealing with a not nice husband (think witch trials in Massachusetts). Also reading ask again, yes. That one you just have to Google. I don’t want to spoil anything
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @majork29 -glad it’s mild there now! Mild here too til Saturday I think. Warm enough to jog outside! 50 degrees at 9am!
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol on the Larry the cable guy meme! I’m on thinner winners
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,429 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, rain not here yet, there was some sun in the distant clouds this morning when I went out to get my hair cut. I like how it is styled now. I posted a picture before and after on my newsfeed. I might go out again this afternoon, maybe closer to dinner so I can pick up something nice for dinner. And I hope the rain holds off. It's currently 9C feels like 6C that equates to 48F feels like 43F - I went out in my hoodie jacket and it was warm enough for me, I did have a scarf around the back of my neck.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I have to chuckle at your looking at the results online. It reminds me of a scene in a movie where Ethan peaks at a file to see if his brain cancer has come back and then the doctor walks in and tells him he hasn't been trained to read, his results are fine, do you remember that ? lol chuckling here. Glad your RC is close to you and you can get to it easily. Mine is 2.5 hours travel time away depending on how fast folks drive - not sure how I will get there, carpool maybe maybe not, bus maybe maybe not. Have lots of time to figure it out. I know our CC is in May so will attend that first - that is an hour away or so! I am on the RAIN DANCERS !!! team this round but will most likely head on back to the DEN next round... just be prepared eh ...
    @Tabatha_Cain - I have never heard of a manual tredmill but I like how @Dianedoessmiles1 plays with the wording on that, it might help you sell a few things LOL afterall, one person's declutter is another person's treasure find!!
    @marg750me waving "hi" hope all is well !!
    @everyone, have a wonderful day today, and enjoy what you have planned and if it stinks, use some air freshener and freshen it up a bit LOL
    bdmyh2xys4dg.gif
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Beautiful - here is mine t5zoah85ihcx.jpeg
  • SunshineFlGirl
    SunshineFlGirl Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ceriusly1 wrote: »
    @SunshineFlGirl No you are onboard!

Thanks!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    Happy Thankful Thursday.

Diane loved the cable guy joke.

Hugs and blessings - Joyce

“Freedom is letting go of your limitations and expressing your true self!”
    - Dr. Karen Jacobson
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Bookienj,, Ohhhh that does look good!!! I'm reading Vineyard Sisters by Grace Palmer it's not to heavy, yet keeps my interest. I feel so bad for those back in the Witch Hunting days in MA. Such a huge wrongness!! Anyone could say one was a witch for any reason and a "trail" was held. What a scary time to be a woman.
    I do love the meme'! I did laugh, quite hard. The Thinner Winners is a fantastic team!! I am happy to hear you are on it!
    @Lindiemaep,,, I am not sure if I saw that movie,,, I watch many things and OOPSIE bye bye they go. Ohhh yes the CC is coming up March 26 it's 2 plus hours away in MA. I haven't driven it in an eon of time and I do not need to. LOL THANKFULLY though driving in MA is ALWAYS an experience!! It's NOT AT ALL for the faint hearted, but I am not a faint hearted driver, I mostly stay in the 3rd lane over (There are 4) so I do not have to deal with so much merging traffic and I keep up with the speed it's at. Sometimes faster than the posted, but in general it's under because of so much heavy traffic even on a Sunday afternoon/evening!! But, Likely I'll ZOOM that one. Today shows me so well that I am not well. Weds and yesterday have taken their toll. No call from the neurosurgeon office today. I NEED to set my alarm because I meant to call today around 2:30 and OOPS I did not!! I am sure you'll figure out what to do, no doubt someone would easily give you a ride to both events. You are pleasant and easy to talk with, encouraging. I know as one who used to take different ones those who are "Debbie Downers" (LOLOL SNL!) are harder to take when all they do is complain and make the strangest requests!! I used to drive a friend to MA and we'd use her car even when I drove. Why? After all my car was so cute!! A fire engine red Honda CRX qxfpgbegkxg3.png
    LOL She had a brand new Lexus!! Ohhh that car practically drove itself and I loved it!! Very much so. We are FINALLY looking at "snow" tomorrow, but it's only about 2 or 3 inches which is really nothing.
    @Tslose,, that's totally GORGEOUS!!! Sure hope you are able to relax to the MAX and also walk quite a bit.
    @Kurtize,,, LOVE that!! Indeed once we come into being who we are, what makes us happy and be at peace with ourselves,, WOW!! Just simply WOW!!! Those teenage years LONG put behind us. I can't complain as a teen I did pretty well (away from home that is). I had confidence though I saw many who did not. Be true to who we are, what we enjoy, our own talents, we all have them.
  • LindieMaeP
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 how how how can you forget such a tear jerker ?? It's on jw.org under modern videos - "Hope For What We Do Not See" here's the link you can relax in bed with your kleenex !! https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODMoviesModernDay/pub-dns_2_VIDEO I am sure I will be fine, but a bus would work and as long as i get the back seat, I do not care lol I will plan all my meals and be fine. Now to go hunt down just 1 dress ... others I can use too. that red car reminded me of Gene's red Ford Focus station wagon -= he had to trade it in after spending hundreds on it - and got the Kia - very little money spent on it, he just filled the tank the other day, 20.00 that's how much he drives now lol. YES set your alarm on your phone or watch or what have you so you make your phone calls. I did mine on Tuesday so now I wait for a response back - one I might have to write them .. I need to replace my orthotics and he might want to do a new mold of the feet .... we will see ... maybe the office was closed this week, that sometimes happens. We have a wind warning and the wind has picked up , I gotta go catch my bus and get to where i need to go soon!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Today I felt like I was running in circles, yet still feel like I got some things accomplished. Tomorrow's word should help me stay focused and on track: Purpose

Here is flashback when I volunteered:

wq3nwx6fkgo8.jpg

At the rescue ranch, people would no longer want their potbellied pigs. They would get them as cute little piglets and thought that they would stay small. As the pigs outgrew their homes, their owners didn't want to see them on someone's table and would surrender them to the ranch. I felt sorry for the pigs. They were used to being pampered and then they would have to get use to being farm animals. I was always happy when they were adopted by those who knew how to care for them.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you for all the kind words. I am not to worried about finding a job and will look forward to some time off in-between. My friend and I have not had a day off since December 18th as we are the only 2 cooks left.

Yes the river behind me in my walk photos is the Detroit River with the Detroit skyline.

Today has been rainy. My walk was short but longer than if I caught the bus at the stop near my house. As I was walking to the bus stop I seen it go right by. So I walked until I seen the bus coming about 16 minutes. When I left the grocery store and was walking across the parking lot I could see the bus coming down the street. Such good timing. Got home and made the base to my taco dip. I am starting to get a routine that seems to be working for the time being. At work the resident that acted out yesterday apologized to me and explained that he was having a bad day. I explained that it was hurtful to me when he never complains about my cooking. While I served him we discussed how important it was to not take their bad day out on
    everyone else.

Tomorrow is my appointment to get my cavity fixed. Hope it solves all the pain.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 nice to see pictures of my former home area. I thought it might be that or Belle River area ... I have not been back there in several years now and don't see it in the near future. Good going on the resident with the bad tude and helping to show them that taking it out on others is not the way to get rid of a bad day. My sister just had a mouthful of work done and said it was very expensive so I told her to look into the Federal Dental plan that passed, it should be available to those who qualify. Be sure to check it out for yourself or your son too eh. I am covered through retirement program and my next cleaning is on the 27th of FEB ... far enough away not to worry about it and close enough to frett lol
    The wind is now gusting to 39k an hour or 29 MPH... so far it is not affecting me and when it does I'll be in slumber land anyway so it can do what it wants. By morning it should be done and on it's way elsewhere lol
    @NovemberGail there are so many people who get animals during holiday time and then once that has warn off and the kids or adults move on they abandon them, and not always in a good way. It is sad how some are treated. I don't think I would make a good farmer because I would get too attached to the animals and not want them on my dinner plate either !!! Purpose is a good word for tomorrow I just have to make sure I do not do something ON purpose lol ya know ?? chuckling !!