Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Replies

• Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    @Slimmersixties
    Colouring is such a good distraction from food. I also like the diamond art suggestion. If you are into crochet that is also a good one. This a question that really makes you think. I have had bad habits of mindless snacking.

Another idea would be to have a warm drink in the evening like an herbal tea or something.

I have been also journaling a recap of my day and that has been so good. I also started a book and have been trying to read a chapter each evening.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. Finally have a minute to breathe. Between trying to get the car fixed, recovering from a water leak, and my work training I have been running all over the place.

Check in:
    Steps -
    1/8 - 5092
    1/9 - 12670
    1/10 - 6182
    Calories - 2450
    Exercise - none today. Just work and running around trying to find items for dinner.

I am working with the V.A. I am waiting for a job opening with them so I am making poppies for the American legion to give away. It is helping get my mind back into work mode.

I made a good vegetarian dinner. Honeynut squash and chickpeas roasted with red onion and spices. Made the house smell amazing.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 765 Member
    IP2021 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Linda and Megan (and of course everyone else)

I've decided to take a break from MFP for a while.

The fact that I'm working with a coach and taking Ozempic for weight loss means that I'm currently not tracking my food as such. I'm writing down what I eat, but I don't weigh or measure anything.

I'm more focused on eating when I'm hungry and listening much more to my body, which has really been a game changer for me, and I have to say that Ozempic is really helping with that.

Since working with my coach and taking medication (8 weeks), I've lost more than in the 5 1/2 months before that.

I also feel much more in control and I can think of other things than just planning my meals. So I really want to see how far this will take me, as I still have quite a long way to go before I reach my goal weight.

I want to thank you both, and of course the rest of the team, for all your support during the past 7 months and wish you all good luck with your journey.

Best regards,
    Irene

Glad you've found something that works for you! That's the secret to weight loss. Best of luck in your journey. Lis
  • Slimmersixties
    @Slimmersixties
    Have you ever tried latch hook or diamond art? Puzzles are another great way to keep our minds off food. Another good game to play is toon blast. If you have access to wifi there are lots of good shows on Netflix or prime.

Never heard of latch hook but I googled it and think that's something I could give a go ..... after I've finished with my colouring books! Thanks for your suggestions x
  • Slimmersixties
    Did 10 000 steps yesterday after a month of practically nothing! Realise I actually miss walking (and definately missing the calorie burn!). Can't wait until 1 Feb when I'll be back in my rv full-time, back in the step challenge, back to healthy eating, and losing my last 16lb. Can't believe I'm saying all that .... where has the 276lb, no exercise, unhealthy eater gone!!!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'm now within 10 pounds of my goal weight. Didn't lose a thing for 2 weeks and all of a sudden it kicked back into gear in a major way.

@lindamtuck2018

Don't move me into Maintenance in Feb. I'm gonna finish this off
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    I'm now within 10 pounds of my goal weight. Didn't lose a thing for 2 weeks and all of a sudden it kicked back into gear in a major way.

@lindamtuck2018

Don't move me into Maintenance in Feb. I'm gonna finish this off

There you go!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 3,390
    Sleep:✔️✔️❌
    Log food: ✔️✔️❌
    Exercise: ✔️✔️

I didn’t end up logging but I had a reasonable amount at the potluck and a small piece of lemon meringue pie. There were a few vegetable dishes so I tried to stick to them. I am going to the pool soon. I see some laps in my future.

• rorojones95
    rorojones95 Posts: 11 Member
    Weigh In Day:

rorojones95
    PW: 204
    CW: 203.4

Not sure if I ever mentioned this but my goal is to lose one pound a week. I’ve decided this isn’t a diet but I’m working on what I eat and trying to lower my sugar/sweet intake. Also working on increasing my protein! I want this to be closer to what I will eat on any given day vs. low calories everyday to drop weight fast.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I would like to be excused/removed from the step challenge for the rest of January.

I will excuse you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    icqgb9dj4tr5.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 1 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @rwood566 - 64,108 steps
    2nd @LMK02020 - 57,475 steps
    3rd @lindamtuck2018 -51,252 steps
    4th @LeenieKat - 50,750 steps
    5th @Jpedno - 49,022 steps
    CONGRATS TO OUR TOP 5 STEPPERS :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 384, 855 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 3/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 0/7
    @aactuallyaash 5/7
    @Jpedno 4/7
    @rwillems 0/7
    @LennieKat 3/7
    @MsWarrior7088 7/7
    @LMK02020 0/7
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    MSWarrior

PW : 199
    CW : 196.2

Very happy to see this ..I'm going to keep on trucking ❣️
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all.
    Check in:
    Steps - 9785
    Calories - 2980. Ugh. Late night binge to keep me awake since I have to pick up daughter at 1030.
    Exercise - pickleball for 45 min. I was there 2 hours but had to sit a lot to let others play.
  • Slimmersixties
    MSWarrior

Great loss ... well into onderland now! 180s here you come!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    edited January 2023
    SW 388.6
    PW 250
    CW 244

I don't even know what to say. I lost literally nothing the past two weeks and i changed nothing. My biggest loss except for my Covid week.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    edited January 2023
    Username: leeniekat (formerly MissGYST)
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Start Weight: 237.6
    12/30/22: 222.8
    1/11/23: 222.0
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Some great losses this week ...Congrats :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh In Day:

rorojones95
    PW: 204
    CW: 203.4

Not sure if I ever mentioned this but my goal is to lose one pound a week. I’ve decided this isn’t a diet but I’m working on what I eat and trying to lower my sugar/sweet intake. Also working on increasing my protein! I want this to be closer to what I will eat on any given day vs. low calories everyday to drop weight fast.

Nice loss! I read an article about a doctor in here 50’s that lost a 100 pounds. This is what she did along with watching the types of carbs she ate.

MSWarrior

Fantastic loss!

JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW 388.6
    PW 250
    CW 244

I don't even know what to say. I lost literally nothing the past two weeks and i changed nothing. My biggest loss except for my Covid week.

Great loss!
    leeniekat wrote: »
    Username: leeniekat (formerly MissGYST)
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Start Weight: 237.6
    12/30/22: 222.8
    1/11/23: 222.0

Awesome loss!

• lindamtuck2018
    edited January 2023
    Steps: 9,765
    Sleep:✔️✔️❌✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️❌✔️
    Exercise: ✔️✔️✔️

Not going to the pool today. I have a head cold sinus thing going on. My friend picked me up cold medicine yesterday and there is a limit of one per person. Now there will be a rush of people running to different drugstores to stock up. Crazy times!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    The steps include what you converted for me yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.