WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thank you for that article - it was a good read and reassuring for me also.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day, I checked all the boxes and earned a sticker ! :)

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    Up and ready to seize the day!
    I have lunch with my boss which will mean a lot less steps today during my work day than normal.
    Just means I'll have to do more tonight!
    I slept well last night, which makes such a difference.
    How will you be successful today?
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I've already logged breakfast and I promise that won't be where it ends for today. Today won't be as much planned movement but tomorrow is my first tabata session with the program my municipality set up after I get to bus into the office for the first time ever. It's going to be a long day and I'm being a bit childish about going back to the office by purposefully taking the bus while carrying large company IT equipment just to see if I get mugged (extremely unlikely) to poke it in the boss's face... Yeah, not too mature. But unless they want to pay my gas and parking, guess that's how it's going to be! Lol

Cue malicious compliance! 😂😉

I will turn this frustration into kinetic energy and kick butt at Tabata afterwards.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Up and ready to seize the day!
    I have lunch with my boss which will mean a lot less steps today during my work day than normal.
    Just means I'll have to do more tonight!
    I slept well last night, which makes such a difference.
    Blame the boss! Blame the boss! I'm glad you slept well last night and hope you will do the same tonight, though. That is ONE thing that no alcohol can really help, so go for it :smiley:
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I need to get my act together and log everything again. I’ve had a sloppy log the last few days. Took a short walk with hubby yesterday. Today was rainy but I took a botanical water color class with a dear friend. We had a blast!!

Supervised Juliet making a blueberry cake this afternoon. She was so proud and it was so good. Oops, did I admit I ate cake?! 😂

Back to work tomorrow. It will be a challenging week with the kids because there’s a lot of rain in the forecast.

Have a great week everyone.

I was sloppy in logging last week as well. I'm determined to do better this week.
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Your question, "What will you today to be successful?" Was just what I needed! I saw that late this afternoon and it got me to put on sneakers, coat, hat, and gloves and go out for a walk then make a healthy dinner. Thank you!
  • jugar
    Options
    What a lovely day for snowshoeing! I caught a couple more photos for my concert recordings on Soundcloud - hopefully they will work well! I have been holding off on posting some recordings because I didn't have photos that would work on the covers. The person who was going to do them never came through. Now I have finally gotten through the procrastination phase and decided to make some of my own. This is a huge thing for me - I have a strong aversion to taking photos. Somehow, though, lately my eye has been caught by rocks with faces, trees with arms, and mushrooms singing. Hopefully they will do the trick!

I am still feeling like my energy is just beginning to come back after having covid. Sheesh! It is slow. But today was better than yesterday, etc. Maybe I'll finally get back to my strength building program :smiley:
    I've already logged breakfast and I promise that won't be where it ends for today. Today won't be as much planned movement but tomorrow is my first tabata session with the program my municipality set up after I get to bus into the office for the first time ever. It's going to be a long day and I'm being a bit childish about going back to the office by purposefully taking the bus while carrying large company IT equipment just to see if I get mugged (extremely unlikely) to poke it in the boss's face... Yeah, not too mature. But unless they want to pay my gas and parking, guess that's how it's going to be! Lol

Cue malicious compliance! 😂😉
    I will turn this frustration into kinetic energy and kick butt at Tabata afterwards.
    This is fabulous!! Bring on the childish "lazy person's load" "mugging tempting" "boss taunting" silly energy! THAT is going to be some hot Tabata session!!!!

Seriously, once you get used to taking the bus to work, you will wonder how you put up with all the wasted time of driving. I switched over the last few years I worked, and it was amazing. Relaxing. Productive. ETC.

Tally ho!!

• jugar
    Options
    Wednesday folks - ready to roll?
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @alydanbeads
    @Gidgitgoescrzy

And don't forget! You are late but not forgotten :smiley:
    @ells_bellz
    @kto0194
    @Meals12

Thanks!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    PW: 212.2
    CW: 215.2

Ugh...I guess tge scale shows how much I binged this past weekend 😕

Anyway, had a good day yesterday and today. Back to the habits I am trying to form.

Welcome @BlueSkyNomad !
  • jugar
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    PW: 212.2
    CW: 215.2

Ugh...I guess tge scale shows how much I binged this past weekend 😕

Anyway, had a good day yesterday and today. Back to the habits I am trying to form.

You still lost 3.6 pounds for the month. Not shabby at all! Almost a pound a week, and that is sustainable if you don't let things slide for too long. It sounds like you have that well under control. Yes!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome back to F2F @BlueSkyNomad ! I remembered you from before, and I am so glad to see you make a comeback. You're from the UK, right? We have several other Brits in the team, so feel free to weigh in using kg or stone if you prefer. I'm happy to translate as needed. If you have any questions or ideas, fire away!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Welcome @BlueSkyNomad!

I survived my first foray on the bus to the office and I made it through my first tabata class today. I was exhausted and discouraged after the commute home from work and there is an ongoing blizzard but I didn't let it stop me from trekking out to the local elementary school gym to sweat for an hour with a bunch of like-minded people. We're using 5lb weights and doing a lot of aerobic style movements so I will probably move up to 8lb dumbbells after a few classes as I didn't feel I was working hard enough on most of the moves, but I definitely noticed my lower body imbalance when we had to stand on one leg while doing bicep curls. I kept wobbling and toppling over. The weak hip has come back to say hi!
    Since I am now a person who exercises in the evenings.... I will spend an evening strengthening that weak hip and working on my grip strength (waterskiing season will be here before I know it!)

I was super hungry after tabata so I snacked on bad stuff but tomorrow I will have a perfect day, play hockey, and recentre myself.

I think I want to make my paper habit tracker like I used 2 years ago and highlight the boxes when I hit my goals for the week. I will have to come up with a third habit to go along with drinking enough water and exercising intentionally. I used to have limits on my wine consumption as it was creeping into a glass with dinner daily habit but that has long since been squashed. Maybe logging the full day? I seem to give up whenever the meal gets confusing or there's something I don't know the ingredients of. If it's hard, I give up for the day. Maybe THAT is the thing that will make all the difference for me.

No more breakfast club! Lol
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say Hi. Trying to log as best I can. Falling asleep so until tomorrow.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    After I was here asking about what would make others successful I went and had a bit of a rotten day on my end!! So it goes, eh?

I can sometimes not react well when plans change. I knew I had lunch with my boss, and I ate a healthy meal then, but there were no steps. So, by the time I left work, my step count was quite low. I had pre-tracked the dinner we were supposed to have, but Brad was tired and wanted subs instead. For some reason I suggested a place that does other things and then when we got there I ordered a higher calorie meal. Then, we got home and I realized I erroneously had a meal kit delivered even though we're leaving for Costa Rica on Saturday. D'oh! We then watched TV while eating, I was feeling crappy, and I cleaned up the leftovers from everyone else's meal. And no more steps or exercise.

Woke up today.. bloated.. grumpy... but hey, on the plus side:
    -No alcohol yesterday
    -I stopped the binge before it got REALLY out of hand
    -I slept well (miraculously). I think I just got so grumpy I took myself to bed early and that was that

Today was better. Started with oatmeal for lunch, a tuna rice bowl for lunch (low cal option), and then we left work early as a group to do indoor skydiving. There is a weight limit and while I was never quite over it even at my highest, I would have been close, and you have to get on a scale and I just thought of how nice it was to not feel singled out for my weight. Cool experience - highly recommend!!

Steps are above 10K. Weight was up like 3 pounds overnight so unless there's a small miracle, my green streak is over....

Last call for any steppers with unreported stats Jan 15-21

Boo on the return to office @PlaneMonkey .. I feel your pain, glad you had a good workout experience
    Welcome @BlueSkyNomad
  • jugar
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey and @ashleycarole86 thanks for sharing the rough bits and the good stuff that you pulled out of your hats. You gave some great examples of tools to use when things are not perfect! Which, of course, is often.

Thursday folks, it is time to get ready:
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak

a few overdues - I promise there are no fines!
    @kto0194
    @Meals12
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit

Thanks!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oops always late sorry @ashleycarole86
    15: 6269
    16: 6270 and 30 min peloton
    17: 7000