Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,606 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Nice walking! Glad to hear your boss had some nice things to say. I totally agree there is never a need to be rude. Conflict stresses me out. Also don't understand people who yell. It's so triggering. I hope you have a nice day! Must be a relief to get the meeting out of the way.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @nancyinmo How amazing and exciting!!! I bet you will be an excellent instructor!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my goals have changed a bit to losing more weight again so I'd like to join the weekly weigh-ins. I've made a lot of progress with my training, but will be participating in a bike ride across the state of Iowa later this year and so I'm working on dropping weight along with sticking to my current training schedule of weightlifting and cycling.

CW: 195.6

@bearchested I will send a message to the MODS to add you back to active. Thanks for the starting weight. What day would you like to use for your weekly weigh-ins. I'll let you know once your back on the chart. Welcome back!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    @nancyinmo How amazing and exciting!!! I bet you will be an excellent instructor!!!

I second that- Wow💥💥💥💥💕💕💕
  • jessicakrall8
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    Nice walking! Glad to hear your boss had some nice things to say. I totally agree there is never a need to be rude. Conflict stresses me out. Also don't understand people who yell. It's so triggering. I hope you have a nice day! Must be a relief to get the meeting out of the way.

Heya @pupowl Thanks for your kind words...wanted to thank you too for joining the team leadership. It has sure been nice this week to not have to rush through updating all alone...and many nights, I only had a few postings to add...you are my hero this week!!!

I went to get my 2nd shingles vaccine tonight and it was pouring rain...afterward, I came home, heated up some leftovers and ate dinner. Going to go lie down and read some now. Nice to have a 3-day weekend! Hope your weekend is amazing!

FYI, you've probably already figured this out, but I only mark the weigh-in posts with "Insightful" so you'll know what's been recorded...with the step stats, I can like them. I want everyone to know how much their steps mean!!!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @nancyinmo
    That's awesome! You are never too old to start a new job/career and it sounds really fun for you. I bet you will inspire the people who visit your class as well. Good luck with the audition!

@jessicakrall8
    I am glad it has been helping you out already. In this case the different timezones are probably quite handy. I will do some more brainstorming about the weekly challenges as well. They are just so hard to think of because it needs to fit a lot of different people. I will let you know of course when I have any ideas. Got it! I figured it might be nice to see when steps are done too, but liking is fine with me. Enjoy your long weekend!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 217.9
    CW: 219.2
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Here is todays card, which I find very fitting. Tinus helped me pick it out.
    swayqfxlb0s2.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 140.6
    CW 142.2
    My steps
    2/15 21,399
    2/16 19,513
    2/17 20,894
    My steps are thankfully picking up after feeling Blurgh ! for about 3 weeks.Shame my weight didn't reflect my activity levels but hopefully it will eventually.I had a lovely walk yesterday with 3 friends & lunch out.Unfortunately I tripped & rolled into a huge puddle! One minute I was walking the next I was on the ground.Luckily I only hurt my right knee & my friends picked me up & mopped up the mud on my coat.
    We all ate healthy & only drank tea,apart from the fall it was a fun day out.
    @nancyinmo how wonderful to get that opportunity when you move to Miami.My dance fit class is similar to Jazzercise I think.I bet you'll be a wonderful teacher if you've been doing it for 10 years.
    @jessicakrall8 glad you have got through a stressful week at work.Good on you for standing up for yourself .I agree with @Pupowl & yourself there's no need for rudeness at work or anywhere else.Im also glad that you are getting some help.Im sure @Pupowl will be a great asset to you.
    Glad you had a good day @Pupowl,I love it how resourceful & independent you are.
    Have a good Saturday all 🙂
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @izzyred9400
    Thank you! I am glad you didn't get hurt too much. Falls can be very scary. Awesome steps and happy to hear you are feeling better.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 226.6
    CW 224.8
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday weigh-in
    PW: 175.6
    CW: 173.8
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well, I was going to login my weight but unless by a miracle that in a week my weight went from 136.0 to 115.0 (shown in my scale), I think the more credible fact to say that my scale is broken.
    So I decided to be 115 for a day while I figure out what is wrong with the thing or just get a new scale.

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    I am glad it has been helping you out already. In this case the different timezones are probably quite handy. I will do some more brainstorming about the weekly challenges as well. They are just so hard to think of because it needs to fit a lot of different people. I will let you know of course when I have any ideas. Got it! I figured it might be nice to see when steps are done too, but liking is fine with me. Enjoy your long weekend!

@pupowl Perhaps you're right...I'll start doing the same for steps...at least then, it's one less time you have to "check the chart" to see if it's done.

When thinking about the challenges, like you, I want it to be all-inclusive, so I always include instructions to modify diet, activity, water intake along with your physician's instructions or your nutrition plan. For that reason, don't worry too much about the ideas, because anyone who needs to modify, can do so, as long as they detail the modification. For myself, I'm limited on exercise to just walking by my doctor, due to issues with swelling and my joints, but I can't limit everyone else to just walking...so I just walk and it doesn't limit anyone else. I'm always anxious to hear your ideas. Hope you're enjoying your day. I'm going out to lunch with a friend (birthday meal that we couldn't find time for until now). Looking forward to it. Take care, my friend!
    Jessica :blush:
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 198.0
    CW 198.0

For some reason, my Friday weigh-in is always the highest of the week! Anyway, at least it’s not a gain. It’s been a stressful week and I’ve been eating my feelings again. But my daughter is coming in town for a few days on Monday, so it’s going to be a good week! Also, she is going to be a bridesmaid in a few weeks and her dress is a teensy bit snug, so rather than the splurges I usually fix when she’s home, I’m going to do my best to have healthy, low cal meals for her. (Why is it easier to do this for someone else instead of myself?)
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    JenHul wrote: »
    Good Morning,
    I have a question. Do any of you suffer from Planters Fasciitis?
    I work at the Post Office so I am on my feet the whole shift, on concrete floors mostly.
    I have gotten the cortisone shots before (that hurts so bad this needle going into your heel) I heard that too many shots is not good for you? Not sure if that is true. I've just gotten a night splint to try to wear that is suppose to stretch out the tendon, but it makes my foot fall asleep, so not very comfy. Just wondering what has worked from any of you, before I book another apt. to get the shot. P.S I really really do not like needles, that is why Im being a big baby and trying other ways to help with the pain.

The pain is so bad I have not been going for walks after work so I'm not reaching my step goals

Feb.13 Steps= 6855
    Feb 14= 6603
    Feb 15= 8588

I’ve had PF, at its worst, I’ve had the shot. A few things that helped-definitely stretches, supportive shoes, and shoe inserts. I also have a rocker type piece of equipment that provides a great stretch.

Shoes-Vionics are great. And I had great relief from a particular kind of Skechers sandal. I think it’s called Reggae, if they still have them. I bought a bunch of extras when I discovered them. (Most Skechers are not supportive enough for me but these are different). My podiatrist recommended Brooks Ghost (which I’ve already been wearing) and Hokas. With you being on your feet so much, you might check out the Hokas. They have the most cushioning and they will mold to your feet.

Shoe inserts-I got a pair from my podiatrist, but the one I got from Famous Footwear was good too, and a lot cheaper. An excellent option for inserts is Heel Seats from heelthatpain.com. I immediately felt the difference with those. They also have some great resources for exercises as well.

The rocker thingy is called Pro-Stretch. ProStretch The Original Calf Stretcher and Foot Rocker for Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis and Tight Calves, Made in USA https://a.co/d/d6ZwnnX

I’d say don’t rule out going to physical therapy too, but the above-mentioned website has most of the same exercises you would do at PT. Try those first.

Best of luck!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Hello, Shape Shifters! There’s been a lot of news to catch up and it’s good to see so much progress, news, and helpful advice being shared!

I’ve heard how painful Planters Fasciitis (PF) can be so I’m sorry that we have so many team members who are suffering from it. But, it’s great to hear your advice. I remember getting cramps in my foot during pregnancy, especially at night, but I’m not sure of the cause. It was an excruciating pain but it didn’t last as long as I’ve heard PF can take to heal. I hope you recover quickly with the proper shoes and support. My mother worked at the Post Office for many years and I know how tough it can be on your body, etc. Take care! ❤️‍🩹
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @nancyinmo — Congratulations on your move and new adventure! Good for you!! It sounds as though your hard work is leading to many positive changes. Your prior experience with teaching will be such a strength to build on as you continue to help others improve. You’ll get paid to do something you love, stay healthy, help others improve their fitness while having fun, and meet other people in your new community who share your interest! Win-win-win-win! I agree that you’ll inspire others to continue learning new skills and growing as individuals at 61 and beyond!
This discussion has been closed.