Options
    @bowens1973 Happy 50th 🎈🎁🎂🎊
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: THURSDAY
    PW: 157.0
    CW: 155.4

Things have finally started moving, phew! I've been consistent with going to the gym most days, which has helped my mood more than anything else. I think what's really making the difference is the amount of water I'm drinking (about 4 litres a day), and also cutting back on carbs, in favour of protein. These two things have really improved my digestion and water retention.
    I got my thyroid TSH levels tested on Tuesday, just got the results online this afternoon. I'm at 4.09, which is just below the 4.20 abnormal level stated on the NHS website (a normal range is 0.3-4.20 apparently) so to me this means I have a sluggish metabolism and weightloss may be tricky but possible. I will have to accept feeling fatigued, low, cold etc and I am lucky that it's not more severe. Something to keep an eye on in the future. I will call the doctors tomorrow just to check that they don't want me to make an appointment.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    Options
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Happy almost-weekend!

I hope Mabel survived her day at daycare (and your hubby is still with us too ;)) @KellyBgetsfit

We're very similar weights (I'm a pound or two higher) and similar short term goals @LoraineGB - we've got this!

Last night my friend messaged and we walked the 45mins to the shopping outlet, had coffee (water for me as I don't drink hot drinks) and I got a cherry blondie I'd been craving which I wrapped up to bring home for my after dinner snack. We picked up some sandwiches for tea and OH drove us back. I wasn't feeling up for a run, but was definitely glad of the walk. I'd also been for a short walk at lunch time so got plenty of fresh air yesterday.

It's Friday but I'm not working at all today. Our sisters (mine and OH's) were meant to be visiting this weekend but they've both been ill. It would've been lovely to see them - but a totally free weekend together is something of a rarity, and it means I don't feel the need to cram everything into today which was the original plan. I got up at 5.30am for my rescheduled PT session (arms will be sore over the weekend as we were working on the high pull to figure out a tidier bar position in the snatch) then came home, had breakfast and decided to get back into bed as I was cold. Got up again at 12.30, and it has been a long time since I just properly rested like that. I feel better for it.

Now I'm doing the admin-chores like the meal plan and shopping list. We'll do the shopping, and it's a bit wild out there weather wise so I will probably walk on the treadmill later with a book because I was surprised by how much I enjoyed doing it that way.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar - Thurs am weigh in - 169.8

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 192.4

Salty food may sabotage this. We shall see!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak
    Thinking of you and your brother during this difficult time.. hope everything turns out okay
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    1j24t1vsnf9h.png
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    LoraineGB
    Friday
    PW 205.2
    CW 204.7

Six weeks to Cancun and I would like to be under 200 by then. we’ll see, I am very good at sabotaging myself when I get close to a goal 😞.

I am very happy with this weeks weigh in as I had a heavy weekend in Memphis and it lasted longer than I planned.

I've got a trip in about 6 weeks too. Let's support one another. I also tend to self sabatoge at the end. How are you setting yourself up for success for the coming week? I've out 3 trips to the gym on my calendar for next week.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The February Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Feb. 19th. Join us this week when we work on Commitment and Reflection! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10884387/february-week-4-group-challenge-daily-commitment-and-reflection#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    adrimango wrote: »
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    LoraineGB
    Friday
    PW 205.2
    CW 204.7

Six weeks to Cancun and I would like to be under 200 by then. we’ll see, I am very good at sabotaging myself when I get close to a goal 😞.

I am very happy with this weeks weigh in as I had a heavy weekend in Memphis and it lasted longer than I planned.

I've got a trip in about 6 weeks too. Let's support one another. I also tend to self sabatoge at the end. How are you setting yourself up for success for the coming week? I've out 3 trips to the gym on my calendar for next week.

I’m in! I have to tell you I felt a slight twinge of guilt that I don’t have an action plan for this week and then I remembered I have done a menu plan and shopped for supplies for the week already. I haven’t any activity planned so I will match your 3 trips to the gym and will post here when completed.

This discussion has been closed.