WaistAways Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 You're so lucky! Asheville is where my soul belongs! One day I'll make it there, but right now I'm stuck in the hell that is Montana. We're looking at -20...-40 with windchill :|

I'm sure our Canadians feel my pain, although the puppy loves it and gets snow zoomies :D
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Waistaway friends! Hope your days are going well. I am at school. Probably better to write now. Seems I keep waiting until the end of the day and fall asleep as I write. My kiddos are at rest time now, which simply means, I am not actively teaching. One child out of 16 is asleep. LOL. They are great kids though. I enjoy them so.

Today my daughter and son in law are closing on their new home. How exciting for them. Can't wait to be in that position as well. Must figure out a plan with my son so we can sell our house. it will all work out. Did see a really cute house today that was not my "normal" style, but my OH loved it too. More modern. Unfortunately, houses are still getting snapped up fast and we are not in a position to bid on it until we sell ours.

My weight is up the last two days. I'm not sure what I am doing differently than the last few weeks when I was losing. The only thing different is I am doing short exercises in the am. LOL I'm sure it has something to do with salt. It always does! I am not a big salt user, but we all know that it is in almost everything. My water is still not where it needs to be. My resting heart rate is still higher than normal, 71, and doesn't seem to want to come down. Perhaps some exercise would help that.

Today it is supposed to be very warm. Saturday VERY cold (for us) and in comparison to 70, Crazy weather. Sending good vibes to all those effected by this latest blizzard to zoom through northern USA and southern Canada. Take care all. Talk to you later.

Oh and welcome to @BrownMargaret3021 I hope you find this group as wonderful as the rest of us.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    Options
    Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome!. Still getting accustomed to the layout of this chat forum, so I apologize for any confused communication. I'm really needing a kick in the bum to motivate myself. I've gained some weight back and I just can't find it within myself to commit to losing the weight as much as I want to. I'm feeling discouraged about getting in shape too because of some pain I've been struggling with for years, most especially low back / hip pain. It's kinda silly that over the years I've nearly become an expert in my particular pain problem and I know what I need to do to heal it but lacking the motivation to do it on my own or lacking the money to work with someone to guide me.

Welcome Margaret! I'm assuming that's your real name :smiley: and I hope this team will be able to help you relieve the discouragement. We'll kick your butt as needed, but also generally cheer and commiserate as needed.

A couple of things we're working on:
    We're aiming for "no zero days" - every day should include at least one gift for your future self. Skip that unhealthy snack, do a few hip bridges or whatever exercise even if it is just about bedtime, plan and log your food for at least one meal - you get the idea. Never go to bed without giving one gift, however small, to your future self. Some fun (but very salty language included!) descriptions of how this works are at https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/

In March, we are all going to try to have five "weeks in the green". Our weigh-ins on the team spreadsheet show up in green if we lose some weight. Even if it is .01 lbs, it is green. We're going to see how much green we can spread all over that thing in March. Every tiny loss counts!

So please let us know more about you - where you live (if you're comfortable sharing that), and anything else you would like to let us know. Of course, ask any questions you might have about how things work, etc. Welcome to the WAs!
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 we were on the same wavelength this morning, I think! For once, I got my exercise in before noon, and you wrote to us while at work. Good move! I'm so glad your daughter and her OH are closing on a house, and all my wishes are with you for your son to find the job of his dreams and that you'll be able to sell your house soon. That kind of stress is rough, and certainly does not help with your resting heart rate. Keep checking off those little things that you CAN do and slowly the list will shrink, I hope!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @MoonlitMuse

Happy Birthday Atlas! 🎁🎈

I would love to do a session with you if you need people, just let me know ☺️
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    I have completed my gym session this week, who am I?

Hoping it show’s favourably on the scale tomorrow morning
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome!. Still getting accustomed to the layout of this chat forum, so I apologize for any confused communication. I'm really needing a kick in the bum to motivate myself. I've gained some weight back and I just can't find it within myself to commit to losing the weight as much as I want to. I'm feeling discouraged about getting in shape too because of some pain I've been struggling with for years, most especially low back / hip pain. It's kinda silly that over the years I've nearly become an expert in my particular pain problem and I know what I need to do to heal it but lacking the motivation to do it on my own or lacking the money to work with someone to guide me.

Welcome! I joined this group sometime last year (is it bad I can’t remember when?) and it has really helped me on my journey. There is so much wisdom and knowledge in this group and everyone is happy to share 🌸
  • jugar
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Here we are, ready for the final Friday line-up of February! Don't forget, everyone - we're all now working on the 1st green week for March! I'll open up the March chat thread tomorrow, and we can all post our plans. I'll be joining you all on regular team for the month - I'm certain to hit a 2nd week over my top maintenance weight tomorrow morning, so I'll get to work on that 1st green week right along with you.

Due Friday:
    @bobagurl2017
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey

also due:
    @ells_bellz
    @BlueSkyNomad
    @nightfeeding1
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @bowens1973
    @eggfreak
    @MoStacy

Thanks!
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    Friday
    PW 204.7
    CW 203.4
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @DD265
    The variety of your meals sounds amazing. You always make such fun things. Enjoy your pruning class.

@LoraineGB
    Nice loss - keep it up!!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 193.6
    Slight rebound but there is also some food in transit that has decided to overstay its welcome. More fibre will be added to the diet this weekend to compensate.

@ashleycarole86 I resent every moment of my job these days due to this commute. I have upgraded my app for the bus system as there are multiple routes to get me from point a to b but they leave from different street corners within minutes of each other so its a challenge (or a gamble) which one will arrive first. The app depends on the GPS tracking of bus riders so if it's the first stop on the route, it's a bit of a mystery when it will actually arrive....
    I get home some days by 6pm and have to cook and eat dinner before my exercise class at 7pm some nights. Then the rush after to shower, prep lunch and get to sleep to do it all again the next day has made me a cranky human. I also have exams on Monday mornings so Sundays are ruined with studying. My life is no longer my own and my husband is feeling very neglected.
    One sort-of silver lining is it costs me so much money to commute to work that I have vowed to not spend an extra penny on restaurants so I've managed to avoid the extra calories from the Starbucks caramel macchiato and McDonald's in the building on the corner next to the office. They have both called my name repeatedly as I angrily stomped past in the snow.

I'm hoping more balance will come. longer days should help my attitude, and hubby is looking into a gym membership so he can have something to do as I seem to be gone all the time. This will ease a bit of my guilt. I've started to delegate some of the meal prep to him but I'm still the planner and shopper so it doesn't really ease my burden. He's one of those men that if you ask them to plan dinner, they tell you where to stop and pick up takeout on your way home. He even offers to call ahead so it's ready for me.... Yeah, that's not exactly what I had in mind! Lol. But!!! His daughter is graduating high school in June and he's decided he wants to look better in the grad photos than he currently does so if we start a countdown to that event, maybe he will stay the course.

Rant over! The bus has arrived in Ottawa. Time to learn about international agreements on civil aviation maintenance regulations and requirements. So fun. 😉
This discussion has been closed.