Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,484 Member
    maryphum wrote: »
    Username: maryphum
    Weigh-in: Wednesday, March 8
    PW: 163.2
    CW: 160.2
    I've had covid since Feb. 24th. Food tastes different and I've had no appetite. I hope this weight loss is real. I'm starting to eat again but I think my stomach may have "shrunk". I get full easily now.

@maryphum I hope you are feeling better! Perhaps having no appetite is a silver lining.
  • DaffyGirl88
    While catching up on posts I realized I never did my introduction for March. So here goes!

Hi everyone!! My name is Sue, and I am 62 years old. I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 2 grandbabies (VA) and 1 fur baby 🐶. I work full time, currently teleworking which appears may go on for.ev.er. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I am always up for a challenge (you've probably figured that out LOL) and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges at any given time. 📚🚶

I have been on MFP for 10 years now and part of TBBT for almost 3. Wow...time sure does fly!! I joined TBBT after COVID/teleworking caused my weight to climb. I officially hit my goal of 140 lbs in September but sadly have been on a steady climb since my vacation in October. :/

My goal for January was to get back into my normal eating and exercising routine. That failed as work didn't slow down as I had hoped. I did manage to lose a pound though so I'll consider it a win. :D

Work still isn't slowing down and I'll be going on travel in April and then vacation the end of April so life seems to be picking up speed. Oh well, I will get through it.

Welcome to our new teammates and welcome back to those returning. Here's to a great March!!

Good luck everyone!!
  • chloeguo
    chloeguo Posts: 235 Member
    chloeguo
    Week 3 Tue
    PW 139.2
    CW 137
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 222 Member
    @JbeanR0212 !! You are back!
    Oh I've missed you!

It sounds like you are making great progress.

Great idea learning Spanish, when you have learnt enough you should come visit me here in Spain and I'll take you hiking and kayaking in my gorgeous area ❤️
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Not a great week. Last week and this one I have plans with friends and I struggled to stay on budget. Especially when my friend brought out the chocolate chocolate chip ice cream...

cjane917
    March Week 2
    Tuesdays
    PW = 130.0
    CW = 131.0
  • DaffyGirl88
    cjane917 wrote: »
    Not a great week. Last week and this one I have plans with friends and I struggled to stay on budget. Especially when my friend brought out the chocolate chocolate chip ice cream...

cjane917
    March Week 2
    Tuesdays
    PW = 130.0
    CW = 131.0

@cjane917 ah, the dreaded chocolate chip. will get me every time.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Tuesday 14 March
    Track: yes
    Under: yes, even with having veggie lasagna for dinner :-)
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Username: PlummerBecky1
    Weigh in week:3/13//23
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 206.3
    Todays Weight:206.0

Heading back the right way but I keep sabotaging myself on the weekends. I am good during the week and sometimes can get to 204.X but by Monday I am back up to 206. Going to try something different this weekend coming up so fingers crossed I am closer to the 199. first goal I have next weigh in

@plummerbecky1 I have the same problem. Which is why my weigh-in day is on Friday. :-) Something to consider.
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Oh Suzy Q and Amelia I miss you bunches too! It will be a long time before I can take trip to Spain we talked about. I will keep working on my Spanish and rehabilitation until then.
    Sue I studied 5 years German and never used here in US so I understand. I will try to write you a letter in Spanish soon.
    Tell Nancy to have a good safe trip singing for the Pope and all else I send love. Big big hugs!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 03/ 13
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20 g carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk :✅
    7000 Steps:✅
    Water: 88
    Goal for today: get up and move every hour
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 03/ 14
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20 g carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk :✅
    7000 Steps:✅
    Water: 88
    Goal for today: get up and move every hour
  • maryphum
    maryphum Posts: 73 Member
    PW: 160.2
    CW: 161.8

Appetite is coming back. I'm still coughing so I haven't been able to get many steps. Covid triggered my asthma again. I've have a follow-up appointment with my PCP to see if there is anything to do with my asthma.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Wednesday 15 March
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    maryphum wrote: »
    PW: 160.2
    CW: 161.8

Appetite is coming back. I'm still coughing so I haven't been able to get many steps. Covid triggered my asthma again. I've have a follow-up appointment with my PCP to see if there is anything to do with my asthma.

@maryphum I'm glad you're feeling better. Take care of yourself, I have asthma and it's no fun.
  • JbeanR0212
    edited March 2023
    @MamaSunflowers enjoy your nice weather. It is cold in Colorado this morning !
    0b8feg67k31j.jpeg
  • JbeanR0212
    gwhty2q0wrt7.jpeg
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    Mar Week #2
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 211.6 rolled
    CW: 212.8
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 918 Member
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    Hi, my friends. It took a lot work an consintration but I found you again. I am sorry life for to hard to face for some while. I just give up on fitness. I do have water exercises most days now I think it is helping me bunch. It will be a long time and makes me sad to not focus on weight & strength. I just want to say I miss my fitness famly and think of all you every day. I am not exactly the same person any more but get there very slowly. I can stand good now but still need support to balance when I walk or get up and down. I am helping some around house now like dishes laundry and some cooking. I am trying to learn Spanish so when I secant work again I have skills to make best money from people who would hire me. Yes I still work on getting my English right back to. It helps my speaking to practice different sounds without feeling so judged or bad to talking. I just trying be relistic to get a life back in all ways I can. I love you all and hope you are do good. Go TBBT from side lines!
    ❤️Jenn

Dear Jenn! So happy to hear from you!! Susan Shaughnessy here. I changed my Username here to match another app I’m using. I think of you often and pray for you & your family. I’m so happy to hear of your progress! Good for you and that’s great that you’re learning Spanish! Please check in as you’re able & we will be here, ready to cheer you on!! Hugs & love, Susan
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited March 2023
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985
    (formerly @susanshaughnessy80)
    Week: March Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 223.8
    Today's Weight: 223.2

I’m bummed because I had gotten down to 221.2 & then went off the rails. I’m glad to be down a little from last week anyway. Have a great weekend 🍀😎☀️🤗❤️
  • Tomsgal1985
    Monday
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: No
    Exercise: Yes; 52 minutes walking (spread out throughout the day, including 30 minutes outside)

Tuesday
    Exercise: Yes; 12 minutes of walking

Wednesday
    Exercise: No

Exercise: Yes; 20 minutes of walking