Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Hi Linda, just to let you know I'll be weighing in late this week, Saturday instead of Friday as I'm away and can't weigh in early as didn't like this mornings number!
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge
    Round 3 (goal 10000)

3/12 10448
    3/13 16126
    3/14 11603
    3/15. 13391
    3/16
    3/17
    3/18
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »
    DAILY CHECK IN:
    Wednesday 03/15

- Calories: 1305 (goal 1200-1600)
    - Water: 150 oz
    - Gym: no
    - Walk: yes; 5.37 miles
    - Protein: 88 g (85 goal)
    - Fiber: 12 g (25 goal)
    - THOUGHTS: I really enjoyed my walk on Wednesday. The river flooded out a lot of my trails, so I got to explore some new areas, get my feet wet and have the whole place to myself. I need to be more proactive in finding ways to add more fiber to my diet. I’m up for any suggestions.

STEPS:
    03/12: 10,771
    03/13: 15,171
    03/14: 11,241
    03/15: 21,471

Holy steps! Very impressive
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    As part of the BINGO challenge it said to find a 100 calorie snack and share.
    I often enjoy Nestle Carnation flavoured hot chocolate (e.g., Turtles, Rolo, After Eight, Aero Smores, Coffee Crisp) as my current box has only 90 calories but the bummer is that it has 16 to 17 grams of sugar. It's still better than when I would eat a chocolate bar or sweet ice cream but important to be aware that although a hot chocolate helps me with a chocolate or sweet fix at times it has a lot of sugar for 1 drink.

I also used to eat a lot of Quaker chewy chocolate chip granola bars to get a little bit of a sweet treat and a grab and go snack as they were around 100 calories and about 7 sugar but at one point I switched to KIND bars as a dietician recommended them as she said they had less sugar. I ate a couple variations for awhile but got enough of them. Online I found a KIND Kids Bars Chewy Chocolate Chip granola bar that was 100 calories and had less sugar than my Quaker granola bar but I haven't seen that one in stores, although I haven't searched for it either though.

I used to eat granola bars a lot but realized they were not as healthy a snack as I thought so don't eat them very often anymore. Mostly just carry them in my backpack incase I am out and get hungry or if I need something before or after a walk.

My problem with granola bars is I can’t stop at one. I have been having a chocolate lolly every night lately. It’s only 50 calories but it’s got lots of sugar in it. I started a new medication on Monday so I have been checking my blood sugars frequently. Low and behold they are up. No more chocolate lollies for me know matter how refreshing they are.
    MSWarrior7088

SW 265
    PW 188.8
    CW 185.8

I'm currently doing a 72 hour fast and feeling wonderful!! I know some weight will come back but I love the progress I'm making.

Congrats on the loss. After a long fast does your weight increase much once you start eating? Do you get hungry? I find it hard to do 16 hours let alone 72.
    itladyee wrote: »
    Daily Check In

Goals for March Challenge
    1. Staying on Plan with the Mayo Clinic Diet/Lifestyle
    2. Limit Wine - 1 glass (S-Th and 2 glasses (F-Sa) * changed for ease of daily tracking
    3. Water - Minimum of 64 ounces
    4. Exercise according to Mayo Clinic Diet/Lifestyle
    5. Read a physical book or magazine - minimum of 10 minutes

Progress for 3/14 :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    Apparently these goals are more difficult than I thought.
    I made a food plan with some variety and I'm still getting tired of it. There's only so much chicken and turkey.....
    I like wine and I can see that I either need to say none or allow for 2. Just one glass is evil :)
    Water, I'm coming in just under 64....more like 48
    I am exercising, but I'm not following the "exercise" plan.
    No answer here, just got busy and didn't read.

Week 1
    :heart: :angry: :angry: :heart: :heart:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :neutral:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :neutral::heart:
    :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    Started ok and then faltered towards the end of the week.
    Average 4/7
    Week 2
    3/5 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::heart:
    3/6 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::heart: :heart:
    3/7 - :heart: :heart: :neutral::heart: :heart:
    3/8 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::heart: :heart:
    3/9 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::heart: :neutral:
    3/10 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    3/11 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    The faltering continued. Moving on to Week 3.
    Week 3
    3/12- :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    3/13-:heart::neutral::neutral::heart::heart:
    3/14 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:

Step Challenge - Goal 7000

3/12 - 5,482
    3/13 - 8,731
    3/14 - 6,347

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 219.4
    3/3 - 216.9 (-2.5)
    3/10 - 219.0 (+2.1) Short Lived loss
    3/17
    3/24
    3/31

The great thing about goals is we can always revisit them and make changes. Also, make sure your goals are SMART (specific, measurable,achievable,realistic and time bound)
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW 388.6
    PW 232
    CW 228.8
    Maintenance Range 225-233

Maintenance continues to go well. Going out for pizza this Sunday at this restaurant that does these amazing things crust pizzas. Already got it logged in my diary. I'll definitely being going over that day and it'll be worth it haha!

Enjoy your pizza.
    DAILY CHECK IN:
    Wednesday 03/15

- Calories: 1305 (goal 1200-1600)
    - Water: 150 oz
    - Gym: no
    - Walk: yes; 5.37 miles
    - Protein: 88 g (85 goal)
    - Fiber: 12 g (25 goal)
    - THOUGHTS: I really enjoyed my walk on Wednesday. The river flooded out a lot of my trails, so I got to explore some new areas, get my feet wet and have the whole place to myself. I need to be more proactive in finding ways to add more fiber to my diet. I’m up for any suggestions.
    -

STEPS:
    03/12: 10,771
    03/13: 15,171
    03/14: 11,241
    03/15: 21,471

Onething my dietitian always recommended was to get Bran Buds and sprinkle them on different foods.
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step count (goal 13,000):

03/12 - 16,301
    03/13 - 12,523
    03/14 - 14,869
    03/15 - 18,904
    03/16
    03/17
    03/18
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh Day Thursday

CW: 153.3
    PW: 155.6
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in

PW 3/01 218
    PW 3/08 218
    CW 3/15 216.8
    CW 3/22
    CW 3/29

This is great, well done!
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    MSWarrior7088

SW 265
    PW 188.8
    CW 185.8

I'm currently doing a 72 hour fast and feeling wonderful!! I know some weight will come back but I love the progress I'm making.

Numbers are looking good! Great loss :smiley:
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    MSWarrior7088

SW 265
    PW 188.8
    CW 185.8

Outstanding!! How often do you do those fasts?

That was first 72 hour fast I've done recently.... I'm doing a 17 hour fast right now and I'll throw in a 24 hour fast over the weekend...it's easier to fast when my husband is working.. I kinda feel guilty for not fixing him dinner..lol

I'm thinking once a month I'll do a 72 hour....it helps with healing autoimmune...that's my main goal!!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 228.8
    CW: 225.6
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    MSWarrior7088

SW 265
    PW 188.8
    CW 185.8

Great loss. I can't wait to start a few longer fasts. Should be home the beginning of April and going to start with a 36 hour fast .... struggling to lose my last 5lb and hoping this will do it! You're an inspiration!

Thank you 🥰 ...I just stumbled on this book...I have heard great things on the 36 hour fast!
    I followed Jason Fung and I have fasted for years....but since I learned to alternate my fast to my cycle it really made sense!! Good luck in your journey!!!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh Day Thursday

CW: 153.3
    PW: 155.6

Fantastic!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday

Excellent job!
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday

Awesome!
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Onething my dietitian always recommended was to get Bran Buds and sprinkle them on different foods.[/quote]

I’ve never heard of Bran Buds. I’m going to check that out. Thank you!!

Weigh Day Thursday

GREAT JOB!

• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    BINGO Square

Share a suggestion of what to do when you have the munchies.
    -Don't bring junkfood into house. When I work hard to resist buying it in the first place then there are less temptations in my house that I have to resist.
    -Stay out of kitchen as that's when I end up getting something I don't need.
    -Think about whether indulging in the munchies it is worth the calories and sugar. I have learned that some treats are worth it and I am okay in allowing them in moderation and some treats I regret eating.
    -Get busy doing something else. I need to distract my brain from the munchies by focusing on something else.
    -Have family member hide them or lock them up somewhere. Although it sounds amusing, it's actually no joke as this is very effective for me. I would buy some treats then get someone to put them somewhere I didn't know or couldn't access and when I had a healthy eating day and would like a treat then my family member would give me a reasonable amount so I didn't binge eat the treats.
    -Sometimes I can allow myself something small that is sweet or salty to beat the munchies but too many times I overindulge so this isn't a strategy I find very effective for the stage I am at right now but there were times I was capable of doing this.
    -At Christmas, we were given a massive box of chocolates so each time I ate some, I put aside the same amount to give to a few family members so I didn't devour the whole box myself and when I use this strategy for other temptations I always tell 1 family member if they are out so I would make and eat 2 cookies then tell the family member that I packed 2 cookies for their lunch so I didn't eat all 4.... which I have been known to do before!!!!!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In

Goals for March Challenge
    1. Staying on Plan with the Mayo Clinic Diet/Lifestyle
    2. Limit Wine - 1 glass (S-Th and 2 glasses (F-Sa) * changed for ease of daily tracking
    3. Water - Minimum of 64 ounces
    4. Exercise according to Mayo Clinic Diet/Lifestyle
    5. Read a physical book or magazine - minimum of 10 minutes

Progress for 3/15 :neutral::neutral::heart: :heart: :heart:

I actually think I've been doing better with water in the last few days than I thought I was. I usually drink water in my car to and from work. That's 32 ounces right there. I was off for a bit but when I resumed, I forgot to include those. So I've probably been over 64 in the past few days. My trigger that I'm getting enough water...the number of bathroom trips!!!

@Slimmersixties I gave up wine for about 3 weeks in January. I was late to the dry January month. The first week I lost weight, then that was it. I then got really frustrated. I was eating well (1200 to 1400 calories). I know it's a bunch of empty calories. My problem is staying the course. I hope to finish March less than what I started even though I have a mini vacation at the end of the month and then just refocus and stay focused for April. I also do better when it's warmer outside....

@lindamtuck2018
    The great thing about goals is we can always revisit them and make changes. Also, make sure your goals are SMART (specific, measurable,achievable,realistic and time bound)
    You are exactly right. I have a blog where I revisit and modify my goals every month.
    Week 1
    :heart: :angry: :angry: :heart: :heart:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :neutral:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :neutral::heart:
    :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    Started ok and then faltered towards the end of the week.
    Average 4/7
    Week 2
    3/5 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::heart:
    3/6 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::heart: :heart:
    3/7 - :heart: :heart: :neutral::heart: :heart:
    3/8 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::heart: :heart:
    3/9 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::heart: :neutral:
    3/10 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    3/11 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    The faltering continued. Moving on to Week 3.
    Week 3
    3/12- :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    3/13-:heart::neutral::neutral::heart::heart:
    3/14 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    3/15 :neutral::neutral::heart::heart::heart:

Step Challenge - Goal 7000

3/12 - 5,482
    3/13 - 8,731
    3/14 - 6,347
    3/15 - 5,538

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 219.4