Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    BINGO Challenges

Share something that made you smile today.
    -out of the blue, a friend of mine gave me a new gratitude journal as she knew I enjoyed recording my blessings in journals before

Share a NSV.
    -I am on the 4th day in a row of logging my food which I don't like doing as I always find it time consuming and frustrating, no matter how long I do it for or how many items I have saved in my history, but I know it's beneficial so I have been forcing myself as it usually helps me make better eating decisions.
    -I have stayed under my calories for all 3 days so far and am on track to stay under my calories for today as well.
    -I have been wanting Chinese take out and pizza take out but am determined to get a loss this week after 3 weeks of gains so I have been strong and have not given into the take out cravings even on nights when I have no desire to cook... which is pretty much every night!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    3/13:8,736
    3/14: 3,171
    3/15:8,911

Current Week:
    Water✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Calories❌❌✔️❌
    Exercise✔️✔️❌✔️

I may up my activity level in my settings depending on my weigh-ins. Some days, there has been a big gap between my net calories and the calories in my diary, then I'm ravenous on other days. I'm not going too far over, but it is discouraging.
  • justlog2day
    justlog2day Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, here is this week's weigh in info

Getting better now but was sick all week so exercise hasn't existed and water retention is high.

User: justlog2day
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW: 143.3 lbs
    CW: 144.5 lbs
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge
    Round 3 (goal 10000)

3/12 10448
    3/13 16126
    3/14 11603
    3/15 13391
    3/16 8738
    3/17
    3/18
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday Check-in
    PW: 322
    CW: 320

Nicely done!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    BINGO Square

Share a suggestion of what to do when you have the munchies.
    -Don't bring junkfood into house. When I work hard to resist buying it in the first place then there are less temptations in my house that I have to resist.
    -Stay out of kitchen as that's when I end up getting something I don't need.
    -Think about whether indulging in the munchies it is worth the calories and sugar. I have learned that some treats are worth it and I am okay in allowing them in moderation and some treats I regret eating.
    -Get busy doing something else. I need to distract my brain from the munchies by focusing on something else.
    -Have family member hide them or lock them up somewhere. Although it sounds amusing, it's actually no joke as this is very effective for me. I would buy some treats then get someone to put them somewhere I didn't know or couldn't access and when I had a healthy eating day and would like a treat then my family member would give me a reasonable amount so I didn't binge eat the treats.
    -Sometimes I can allow myself something small that is sweet or salty to beat the munchies but too many times I overindulge so this isn't a strategy I find very effective for the stage I am at right now but there were times I was capable of doing this.
    -At Christmas, we were given a massive box of chocolates so each time I ate some, I put aside the same amount to give to a few family members so I didn't devour the whole box myself and when I use this strategy for other temptations I always tell 1 family member if they are out so I would make and eat 2 cookies then tell the family member that I packed 2 cookies for their lunch so I didn't eat all 4.... which I have been known to do before!!!!!

Great strategies. I have my husband put food where I can’t find it all the time.

@lindamtuck2018

Weigh Day Thursday

CW: 153.3
    PW: 155.6

Congrats on the amazing loss!
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 228.8
    CW: 225.6

Fantastic!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    BINGO Challenges

Share something that made you smile today.
    -out of the blue, a friend of mine gave me a new gratitude journal as she knew I enjoyed recording my blessings in journals before

Share a NSV.
    -I am on the 4th day in a row of logging my food which I don't like doing as I always find it time consuming and frustrating, no matter how long I do it for or how many items I have saved in my history, but I know it's beneficial so I have been forcing myself as it usually helps me make better eating decisions.
    -I have stayed under my calories for all 3 days so far and am on track to stay under my calories for today as well.
    -I have been wanting Chinese take out and pizza take out but am determined to get a loss this week after 3 weeks of gains so I have been strong and have not given into the take out cravings even on nights when I have no desire to cook... which is pretty much every night!

Awesome NSV’s.
    Steps:
    3/13:8,736
    3/14: 3,171
    3/15:8,911

Current Week:
    Water✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Calories❌❌✔️❌
    Exercise✔️✔️❌✔️

I may up my activity level in my settings depending on my weigh-ins. Some days, there has been a big gap between my net calories and the calories in my diary, then I'm ravenous on other days. I'm not going too far over, but it is discouraging.

I upped my calories awhile back. While my weight loss maybe slow it prevents me from binge eating and overeating.
    aneedlecraft
    Friday Check-in
    PW: 322
    CW: 320

Awesome job!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi, here is this week's weigh in info

Getting better now but was sick all week so exercise hasn't existed and water retention is high.

User: justlog2day
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW: 143.3 lbs
    CW: 144.5 lbs

Fell better soon
  • rachjolly
    rachjolly Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Steps: 2,267
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ❌✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise:

PW 203.4
    CW 199.2

Ok, I have reached onderland for the upteenth time. Hopefully, I can stay there this time as the 190’s are my stumbling point. I started with ozempic on Monday and we are hoping for some consistent weight loss. My appetite has been off for a couple of days but my pain has been high so that could be an explanation as opposed to the medication. Whatever the reason, let’s hope I can navigate my way to the 180’s.

NSV: My husband always buys me a chocolate bar on his way home on Fridays. I told him last night and texted him again today to not bring me home one. Hopefully, it’s the beginning of breaking a bad habit.

m2qk4mxqdmc1.jpeg

That’s a fantastic loss! I can’t wait to get to Onederland.
    Also, I know it’s not the healthiest thing but a chocolate bar from your husband every Friday night is so cute 🥹

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,814 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 230
    CW 231

2 days of weight training and a weekend eating out every meal. I am surprised it isn't more.
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps: 2,267
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ❌✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise:

PW 203.4
    CW 199.2

Ok, I have reached onderland for the upteenth time. Hopefully, I can stay there this time as the 190’s are my stumbling point. I started with ozempic on Monday and we are hoping for some consistent weight loss. My appetite has been off for a couple of days but my pain has been high so that could be an explanation as opposed to the medication. Whatever the reason, let’s hope I can navigate my way to the 180’s.

NSV: My husband always buys me a chocolate bar on his way home on Fridays. I told him last night and texted him again today to not bring me home one. Hopefully, it’s the beginning of breaking a bad habit.

m2qk4mxqdmc1.jpeg

Woop woop onederland! Great progress in a week :smiley:
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step count (goal 13,000):

03/12 - 16,301
    03/13 - 12,523
    03/14 - 14,869
    03/15 - 18,904
    03/16 - 13,077
    03/17
    03/18
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    laura9400 wrote: »
    PW:190
    CW:188

Yay! A new decade. Well done!
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    DAILY CHECK IN:
    Thursday 03/16

- Calories: 1172 (goal 1200-1600)
    - Water: 128 oz
    - Gym: no
    - Walk: yes; 5.52miles
    - Protein: 68 g (85 goal)
    - Fiber: 15 g (25 goal)
    - THOUGHTS: it’s been such nice weather here the last couple of days, I’ve opted out of the gym in favor of some really great walks outside. Those walks are my therapy.

STEPS:
    03/12: 10,771
    03/13: 15,171
    03/14: 11,241
    03/15: 21,471
    03/16: 18,919
This discussion has been closed.