Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Every time I stumble, I fall headlong into a very deep rabbit hole. My perfectionist mindset, not helpful. I am killing myself slowly by the amount of food I am eating. It is an avoidance tactic. I don't shower everyday, and I rarely leave the house. I really do need professional help, but I am a smart girl, so I feel like I should be able to figure this one out. I need to start journaling, connecting the dots. I am looking at three empty journals sitting right beside me.

Wednesday Weigh-In: 206.8

Journaling is so helpful. I was in this exact place just a few months ago. I found my perfectionist mindset enabled my all-or-nothing mentality, which allowed me to control the narrative. The self sabotaging behavior allowed me to predict the outcome and give me some sense of control in my life. But, I wasn’t in control. My journaling was sad, blaming and I picked apart all my flaws. I had to change up my journaling style and start finding some good in my life, be thankful for the many great aspects I was shutting out. Like, the pretty clouds dancing across the sky and the leaves waving hello in the wind.

I agree with @indefenceofsprouts. It’s the small things that are helping pull me back to a positive reality. I started the first week with water, then steps, then adding a new vegetable each week, then I picked a higher calorie range and stayed within 100 cal of that goal. Then each week, I dropped the calorie range by 100-200.

I ’m finally feeling better about myself. Focusing one one little habit at a time has made such a big difference in my life. Little changes really do add up. I still have a long way to go, but we can make it to our destination one baby step at a time far faster than huge leaps forward and then two steps back.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,112 Member
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »
    I see my podiatrist this afternoon ... I am 95% sure I will be having a 4th surgery ... I have had 2 infections where the rod is ... I do believe I am allergic to certain metals .. I so wants this behind me so that I can start walking again with my daughter and 2 dogs... and start PT

That’s terrible Megan. I am so sorry. I really do hope you and your doctor find the right solution. You deserve pain free mobility and an active life. I hope today is fruitful

Thank you so much
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    I see my podiatrist this afternoon ... I am 95% sure I will be having a 4th surgery ... I have had 2 infections where the rod is ... I do believe I am allergic to certain metals .. I so wants this behind me so that I can start walking again with my daughter and 2 dogs... and start PT

My God if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck. I'm so sorry Megan. Try and stay positive. It'll hopefully be over with soon.

Very true Greg ... Thank you
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,872 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 231
    CW 230
    just call me Pooh.
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh Day Thursday

CW: 153.7
    PW: 153.3

Up a bit this week but the only surprise is that it's not more. I usually have a handle on activity/exercise but rarely can do that in parallel with consistent nutrition. One day...
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step count (goal 13,000):

03/19 - 14,678
    03/20 - 11,763
    03/21 - 27,127
    03/22 - 17,115
    03/23 -
    03/24 -
    03/25 -
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »
    DAILY CHECK IN:
    WEDNESDAY 03/22
    - Calories: 1206 (goal 1200-1600)
    - Water: 112 oz
    - Gym: no
    - Walk: no; though, I did re-stack a half a cord of wood.
    - Protein: 90 g (85 goal)
    - Fiber: 9 g (25 goal)
    - THOUGHTS: just when I think “I’ve got this”, I realize that I, in fact DO NOT got this. It took everything I had to get active today. If it wasn’t for stacking wood, I may not have gotten 10k steps. I snacked more than I should have today. I had to remind myself numerous times that I want to have a healthy life and that I have goals. I had to silence and shut down a myriad of excuses I had lined up. I feel stronger because I plowed right through the negativity. Every day really does bring new challenges and new opportunities to succeed. I’m glad I chose me today. But dang it was hard.

STEPS:
    03/19: 12,094
    03/20: 23,417
    03/21: 12,021
    03/22: 13.180

Any movement is good movement! Stacking wood is not easy work, some people pay for that kind of all body workout!! Working through the excuses is the hardest part. Well done :smile:
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @megan_smartiepants1970
    Step Challenge
    Round 4 (goal 12000)

3/19 12755
    3/20 14446
    3/21 8542
    3/22 10764
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Monday 3/20

PW 235.7
    CW 236.0

• MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    4th surgery happening on Friday the 31st ..I really hope this is the last one

I'm so sorry 😔
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I'm so sorry 😔

Thanks Joyce
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    3/21:8,035
    3/22:10,383

Current Week:
    Water✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Calories✔️❌✔️❌
    Exercise❌✔️✔️✔️
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Ohhh Megan, this is turning into a nightmare. Really hope this will be the last surgery and you heal quickly xxx
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw:252.4
    Cw:250.2

Thank you!!

Great loss!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Cw 181.4
    Pw 181.6

My weight loss has really slowed down :(
    I have 2 choices, up my exercise or set my goal weight at 182lb (94lb loss).
    I'll wait till the end of the month then decide :)
This discussion has been closed.