Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Friday's Eats ~ Cottage Cheese/Yogurt with Pear and Dates - Leek and Potato Soup and Ham Sammie - Key Lime Dairy Snack with Key Lime Pie M&M's and Dark Chocolate Drizzle
    s2b48buic50c.jpg
    @Tabatha_Cain Whew! You made it through the week and can now put that job and boss behind you. Enjoy your weekend!
    @ginnaboots no way I could actually come see those Northern Lights, not right now anyway. Maybe someday! For now I'll just keep dreaming about them.
    @katiecondy1 I don't envy the kids having to load the truck in the winds, but it's better than doing it in the rain! I had been doing a lot of that Actual Activity as of late. Time to get a moving!!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I usually use the Poppyseed dressing so here is the info for it. The are all fairly similar, but Ranch has 270mg sodium per 2 tbsp.
    ae7wiua4ac77.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Today is going to be a great day. We are getting our rings inspected for the first time. I am super excited. The next time we get them looked at they will be on our fingers. Wow. That is amazing to say. It is so close to getting married. So close. I am so excited.

@ginnaboots - Thank you. I am hoping that I won't have to keep working hard. We had rain and hail yesterday.
    @NovemberGail - It is a gift. I am grateful. I love 2 days off in a row.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I do really love my rings. I cannot wait to see them both on my finger. What will be super sexy is seeing my fiance with his ring on and knowing we are married.
    @Catwmncat - I still have 2 days next week Monday and Tuesday with this boss. I am thinking of not going in. I am so done with his attitude.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,494 Member
    Options
    It’s 37 feels like 28 with a high of 61 today. Insight Timer Quote: It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you’re so focused on the future that you forget about today.—Ashley Hetherington I AM: I am deserving of everything I ask from the Universe. Axe Sharpening: Time goes so fast, so cherish each and every moment.—Laura Novotny 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Commit to being more active this month, starting today. Fitness Quote: First you feel like dying, then you feel reborn.—mrtyreal mrgreatfitness.co. Motivational Quote: Not every day is easy, but the opportunity to live them is still a blessing.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,846 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 32/305 mile challenge and WHD Core & LISS after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,671 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 : i like to just dance to the music, although i like to try out different kinds of dancing, like salsa, or dance videos.
    good morning,everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here this morning. this afternoon, there is going to be some rain and there is a chance of a thunderstorm. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago to drop off some extra food to the community food drive that is being held at a church near my place. two different churches are having community food drives today. i will contribute to both today, as i have a surplus of non-perishable food at my place. i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    We had four areas that had tornado warnings yesterday; ours was one. None of them matured into actual tornadoes. Missouri was fortunate. My heart goes out to all the places that had such destruction and death. The winds are still strong today and will keep me out from the woods.

@Tabatha_Cain: Each moment of the process of getting married is being cherished. Love how you are taking everything in. The rings are so special.

@Catwmncat: Love the meme! I think I will use that as a new description for me. What is normal anyway? Happy Caturday!

@Dianedoessmiles1: It's my turn to enjoy the saga of Oscar and Izzy. How delightful that that Izzy has taken on the role of mothering without smothering! I'm glad that you went ahead and got another kitten.

@Patti241: Have a great Caturday.

@cormierannie: I am just glad that I learned how to Boot Scoot. Will check out salsa music during a "low" period.

@macrat12: Will have to see how to up my activity for the upcoming challenges. Like your motivations.

Now I'm off to getting started. I love slow Caturday mornings.

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,906 Member
    Options
    8iwzlwu8mw1s.gif
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Trying to get ready for the spring challenge and haven't seen anything that looks like a group invitation? Where or what section to look?
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,586 Member
    Options
    @cory17 I am not sure how you are accessing MFP but it should have been right at the groups - @Dianedoessmiles1 should be able to help you or another group leader.

today's walking treasures ! AND now they say SNOW for tomorrow - AS IF !!! LOL
    osum5ltq7mh0.png
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    Caturday Eats
    Peanut Butter and Banana on Dave's Thin Good Seed Killer Bread - Spinach Calzone
    ucsbixuwgwng.jpg
    Baseball game at 2pm and it was hot, hot, hot! Mid to high 80's in the direct sun for 3hrs. Poor hubs has a burnt face and knees. Decided to finally get that calzone I've been wanting for a couple months and it was sooo yummy! I ate the whole thing and not one ounce of guilt! Should take care of that craving for a few more months.
    @Tabatha_Cain I'm sorry you still have another 2 days with the ungrateful boss. I would go in just to show the kind of person that you are... and of course the money helps too. I hope you are taking pictures of every little (and big) detail you and Joe have experienced in the wedding prep process to add to your wedding album and memories.
    @NovemberGail Missouri was fortunate indeed. The tornadoes have wrecked havoc in many areas this year. If any of us ever figures out what normal is please keep it to yourself. I kinda like being crazy and my "normal" is special.
    h4dmi1dacoq3.png
    @cory17 Have you requested a seat on one of the teams? If NOT please do so here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10884333/need-a-team-seat-post-only-here-to-request-a-team-seat#latest
    If you have please look for your invitation here:
    iepiavwpe1n9.png
    If you still can't find your invitation please contact @Ceriusly1 or @Dianedoessmiles1
    @LindieMaeP What Gorgeous treasures!! The yellow and orange ones are stunning! Sure hope you don't get snow and they all die.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friend:

I hope you are all doing well. Today is going to be a great day. I am excited to get the day going. I think we are going to go for a walk today after church and possibly get a couple more things done. We are also going parallel parking with my son. I have to teach him how to do it. Which is going to be hard without any other cars. I am going to have to see about finding some cones to teach him how to parallel park. We will get through this though. He has to pass his driving test by June so he can come to my wedding. We have dogs and they cannot be left home alone over night so he will have to stay home and drive up the day of. That is going to be scary and I will be micromanaging him the whole time.

@NovemberGail - I am glad you are safe. I feel for those who have been affected by the tornados. The rings really are special. We are trying to take the whole process in. I am documenting everything I can.
    @Catwmncat - That is great. Sometimes just splurging helps. I am doing so much documentation for our wedding book. I am so excited. I love it.

Well it is time to get ready for food this morning. I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,494 Member
    Options
    It’s 42 feels like 37 with a high of 73 today. Insight Timer Quote: The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.—Rabindranath Tagore I AM: I am making today count. Axe Sharpening: Mindset is what separates the best from the rest.—Sissy Baker 1st Phorm Advisor. Action for Happiness: Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Fitness Quote: One step is what separates your comfort zone from life.—gymaholic Motivational Quote: Never waste your blessings by focusing on what you lack. Be patient, everything you dream of is making its way to you.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,278 steps yesterday. Training plan: WHD rest day and Day 33/305 mile challenge this morning.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Novembergail: Hope you had a good caturday.
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 6,681 Member
    Options
    Here is one more picture of the over winter pansies we have here. Soon they will be pulling them up to print the heat tolerant flowers.

5rxm3jn9fi0g.jpg
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,671 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny and cool day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i will get my laundry done today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,906 Member
    Options
    qfbgc0bdoput.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Sunday's Eats ~ Cottage Cheese/Lemon Yogurt with Berries, Lemon Curd and Chocolate Chips - Kiss My (Shimp and) Grits https://theresacooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/kiss-my-shrimp-and-grits-from-the-skinnytaste-cookbook-by-gina-homolka/ with Sautéed Spinach and Mushrooms - Oats & More w/ Almonds Cereal
    nfipsua0w25h.jpg
    @Tabatha_Cain You are quite skilled at problem solving so I'm confident you will find a workable solution and will be able to teach your son how to parallel park. Some stores like Sam's Club and Costco and some shopping centers have parallel parking spaces that you may be able to use after they close. Trash cans may also work if you have access to any.
    @TEXASTITCHER Your pansies are beautiful and it must pain you to have to pull them up before they die.

x0g9kehste4m.gif
  • catnurse1
    catnurse1 Posts: 3,327 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi, everybody!

I've been mostly MIA for a month. I went in the hospital on March 8, had two emergency surgeries (bile duct stone removal on the 9th and gallbladder removed on the 10th) and was home on the 13th. Not a fun time, but doing better. Actually walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and lived to talk about it. That's my limit for a couple more weeks. I have one more surgery on April 27th (stent removal) with a follow-up the following week, and that should be it. Until then, I am limited, but will do as much as I can to help my team get to their destination every week.

More soon!
    'Night.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you all have a great morning. Today is day 1 or 2 at my old job. I am still waiting on an email from my new job on what I need to do in my first days. So we will see how that goes. I am hoping to get that today. I kinda wanna know what is going on and where I go and such.

@Catwmncat - Thank you for that. We were not able to get the parallel parking done this weekend. Some other stuff happened that prevented that.
    @catnurse1 - Glad you are doing better. One more surgery will hopefully not be that bad. I hope you heal quickly.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to everyone.

@TEXASTITCHER -Those are gorgeous pansies. I've never heard of pulling them to make heat tolerant flowers. That is neat.

@Catwmncat -That shrimp looks delicious. Have a great Monday.

@catnurse1 -Glad you are feeling better and healing nicely from your surgeries.

@Tabatha_Cain -They used to have the cones already set up at a local driving school. so when I had to teach my kids, I had them drive there. That was many many years ago...lol. Hope you can find some where to teach him. Fun stuff!

@LindieMaeP-Gorgeous flowers. Wow...snow! Hope it melts right away for you. I am hoping we get one more good snowfall. I love it. They got 18 inches in the UP on April 1. That is where my sister lives. I wish I could have been there to enjoy it.

I have Wyatte for two days. It is Spring Break so we shall see what activities I can find today to keep him busy. They always have fun stuff going on for the kids around town.

Hope everyone has a great day.