HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge. It’s a good one!
    Ann hope we see you again soon.
    Another week and another chance to get healthier. My daughter-in-law has been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I remember how tough it was to deal with this and I wasn’t working three 12 hour shifts as an RN at the hospital. I ordered three cookbooks and plan to cook for her on the work days. This may help me to eat better as well.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Looking at the pie chart on my daily nutrition on the page where I log my food. Protein is often my smallest wedge. This makes me wonder. What should our pie charts look like ?
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    The WHO has determined that the perfect ratio of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats is (1):

Carbohydrates 55%
    Proteins 15%
    Fat 30%
    I've tweaked mine to 40/25/35.
    Up 0.9 today. :/
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Weighed the same AGAIN. Going to buckle down this week and get over this hump!
    Planning to have two eggs and a piece of oatmeal bread for breakfast. Bring on the protein.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Hi all managed to get on after days of trying.
    My grandchildren removed the cream from the orion and put toothpaste in the as an April fools joke. lol
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I had 89 grams of protein today. Looks like about 30% on my piechart.
    Exerxised and met my calorie requirements.
    Whew!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Glad to see you back, Ann. Your grands are little rascals!
    Nice job today, Cat! You certainly got in a lot of protein.
    I had 25 gm of protein for breakfast, 75 gm total today. I managed two good outdoor walks and am just about finished with strength training.
    03pjrttvoekm.png
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Yikes I am up a pound today. I ned to figure this out and get over my plateau!
    Physical therapy was killer yesterday. So sore today! Tomorrow is my last session. I have to save the rest of my allotment for when I get my knee replaced. I am grateful to have health insurance, but sometimes it is hard to understand. Hope I can continue the progress I have made once I sm kicked out.
    Making homemade Greek yogurt today and lemon dill hummus and a loaf of wholewheat oatmeal bread for my d-i-l with gestational diabetes. I love it when I get a rare day at home!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Cat, I hope that last session of PT allows you to stay mobile until your surgery. Hope the soreness eases off. I'm making yogurt today too!
    25gm of protein for breakfast yesterday and 30gm for today.
    psqzm4j0ysp3.png
  • rstanford3
    Options
    The weather here doesn't know what season we're in: winter? spring? summer? I'm going to head out for a walk before the temperature hits the 70s.
    32gm of protein for breakfast today.
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    rd3bh3a8s8e5.png
  • titus2cat
    Options
    23 g protein for breakfast. Had physical therapy then babysitting and didnt track the rest of the day. Going to get a shower and go to bed. I am whupped!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    28gm of protein in today's breakfast. Hope everyone had a good day.
    r07s198l8oju.png
  • rstanford3
    Options
    32gm of protein in today's breakfast. I may not be able to check in tomorrow, so Happy Easter!
    dd2e9e3degi4.png
  • criscra2001
    criscra2001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    eanhb1fb1a4t.jpeg
    Thinking of you guys & Hope you are all doing well.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I have been noticing a bit more energy this week. Is it our high protein breakfasts? I want to try to keep it up again next week.

I was on my feet six hours today. 3 loads of laundry, bed linens changed, cooked all the food for Easter lunch: a Cumberland Gap ham, deviled eggs, pasta salad, and homemade rolls. I loaded the pasta salad with tons of veggies and made a buttermilk dressing. Youngest son and family are joining us for church and lunch. I am not offering dessert since our daughterinlaw has gestational diabetes. I made plenty of food so no one will go hungry.

Happy Easter to all my buddies.
    He is risen!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Down 0.7. :) Good luck Cat and Ann.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Up again with that same pound I have been puttin on and taking off last two months. This is my fault as I have gotten lazy about tracking and exercising. Honestly, I wish there was a fat camp for arthritic old ladies where other people would just make me behave, eat properly and exercise all the time. I need to crack this barrier!
    Congrats Randi!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Cat, it's the day after a holiday. Don't beat yourself up! Remember when we used to aim for 2 pounds per week? :D Now, I'm happy to lose a fraction of a pound.
    It was good to see Gerri stopping by the other day. :) I still miss her and EJ. :'(
    I've posted a new challenge for this week.
    Have a great day, everyone! <3
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I also miss Gerri and EJ. I wish they could have stayed.
    Thanks for posting the challenge.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just finally managed to get back on can't wait till 18th when I get Internet again.

Stay strong everyone, miss you