Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    Hi Slims!
    I'm kind of sick this week. Rich had a cold, and I guess I caught it from him, but in me it turned into a nasty case of bronchitis. Or "The Brown Kitus" as my grandpa used to call it. Anyway, I'm feeling better to day, but I'm not sure if its because the bronchitis is breaking up or if it's the MucinexDM doing it's job. I'll take another dose tonight (so I can sleep) and then I'll try going without it tomorrow.

Anyway, between the tendonitis in my left ankle and the bronchitis/cold, I'm not doing my strength training and not riding the bike. My only exercise has been walking. It will have to do, until I feel better.

I didn't shop this week, so there's less food in the house. I have not been eating that well. My weight was down this morning, so I have slipped below my goal range.

-Mica
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    @DJill68 - you are not letting me down with the step count! You are posting every single day, and that's what matters :smile:

-Mica
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Whimsy Chocolates?
    https://whimsychocolates.com/
    The Hazelnut Meltaway is to die for
    https://whimsychocolates.com/shop-all-chocolates-buy-whimsy-online/golden-hazelnut-meltaway

@trooworld I love the Squash Noodles, my Mixer has an attachment to make them, skinny, fat or ribbons large or small.

@micaroo4 I hope you feel better soon, it seems like you just started feeling better and now you're sick again. Walking is the best exercise, so I wouldn't worry about it. Can you get your groceries delivered? or order online and do curb side pickup?
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    DJill68 wrote: »
    05ghjl65ou2c.jpeg
    Can anyone relate?

Oh yea I can
  • gemwolf110
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Daily Post ~ Tuesday

Track ~ Yes
    Calories ~ MFP Yes, WW No
    Exercise ~ yes walking :-)

Goals/Day/Comments:

Day 3 in a row of getting activity in!

And day 2 of no ice cream. Going to reserve that treat for the weekends.
    Day 3 no soda. I got this.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Got my run in! Hoo boy, the dog and I are out of shape!
    Just for accuracy’s sake, anyone know how many calories in a mosquito? Mid run snack. 🤢
  • gemwolf110
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Daily Post ~ Wednesday

Track ~ Yes
    Calories ~ MFP Yes, WW No
    Exercise ~ yes walking :-)

Goals/Day/Comments:

Day 4 in a row of getting activity in!

And day 3 of no ice cream. Going to reserve that treat for the weekends.
    Day 4 no soda. Saving for holidays only.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I hope your friend’s appointment went ok and she got some rest afterwards. Good job on the healthy meals 👏🏻

@DJill68 you’re going to do great, as others have said, at your own pace. Listen to your body and go slow. Do you have Katmary’s list for exercises. She sent me video links and I watched several until I found something that worked for me. I can’t thank her enough. That mat is the thickest I could find on Amazon and I still thought I was not coming off that mat. I always send a message to my family of how long I’ll be exercising. I figured someone would peel me up eventually. Turtle on my back!

Your note to Trooworld about the acidity in the soil changes the flowers color. That’s cool. I didn’t know that. Have fun with your zoodles! Yum!

@txcritter69 I love your advice “Never judge yourself to others” Thanks for the prayers, I need them. I pray you have a great day today.

@micaroo4 I pray you are on the mend. The Brown Kitus is a cute way to put it. You’ve had it rough lately. Hopefully it’s just the end of the winter season germs and we all can have a great summer in good health.

@sleepygirl79 Congrats on getting that run 🏃🏼‍♀️ in!

@Katmary71 Your laptop has been gone awhile. That’s rough! Glad your still keeping up with us though. Your encouragement helps us all so much. I appreciate you gals running the group.
    I hope Bill decides to get some home help. Men can be tough to convince when it comes to health. (No offense to the guys in our group).
    Oh my WL this last week is definitely from not feeling well. Now I will do my best to keep it down. I’m worried since I am not exercising anytime soon. It’s not fun putting life on hold but I have learned to let my body get its rest or it will really take me down.

—-

I’m feeling a bit better today. Still stuffy headed and weak but I am hopeful.
    Meals have been less than idea. We’ve had takeaway while Ive been sick. I cooked once, salsa chicken in the instant pot. Easy breezy and light.

Have a great day everyone 💐

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Hi everyone! I slept in quite a bit and went to bed early, think allergies are getting to me as that’s way longer than I usually rest. I had to send my micro current machine in for repairs and just UPSing it was $65 (I feel better that it’s insured but geez, I haven’t paid the repair fee yet!). I’m nervous as it’s one of the only things that helps when I’m bad so not having it is scary. Meanwhile my laptop is still on an adventure and that’s over 2 weeks out now, there may be something to this Mercury retrograde stuff since all my electronics are out for repairs! Did my workout then did a Walmart pickup order as I needed more printer paper for work, got work done, then ran errands and gardened for a few. Bill’s hopefully going home tomorrow, the clot is bigger and he was passing out. He’d mentioned a nurse was suggested to visit him at home which he thought was weird but I told him if he gets worse every time he goes home it’s really a great idea for a week so someone could stay on top of it! I’m not sure if he’s doing stuff wrong or if it’s just worsening but it’s an awful time for him to be alone there and I hope he talks to a friend or his family soon. I’m feeling very guilty for not being there but between my health and money I can’t swing it right now.

No Zero Days
    - Healthy and under calories
    - Chair cardio, weights, stretching, gardening
    - Great water, I got a detox tea and am trying it now too.

Oh my! You’ve got a lot on your plate! What is a micro current machine? Allergies are the worst this year. Hope Bill is okay and gets better soon. Sending hugs!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

19shmoo69 - glad your wife is doing a bit better, your caffeinated life pictures are still great and I loved your IF advice! 😂

tfelts147 - the truck is not to run lol my “jogging” was barely faster than my walk when I started, I actually find it easier to breathe and pace myself while jogging than I do walking once I’ve settled in. The pace and distance can increase quite a bit once you get started. I used to use the Couch to 5k app and still recommend it to anyone wanting to start running. It’s starts you off with short intervals. It’s really easy to follow and helps you build up endurance super quick! Unfortunately we did NoT get her out of the stupid car.

@Katmary71 - I hate that Bill is still having so many issues. My heart goes out to you both and I love that picture of y’all. I’m happy you’re getting better and sorry about that tooth.

@trooworld - I’ll always remember the first time I got to see sea lions and then later seals playing in the ocean! West Coast is hands down the best coast 🤩 and I love the zoo!!! I’ve started venturing out to the surrounding states zoos bc the OKC zoo became so familiar it was almost boring lol! I hate that the dogs are fighting and you got caught in the cross fire and that you were left drained after donating blood, no pun intended.

@micaroo4 - I’m sorry Rich got bad news.

@AmbersWay - how did the kitten rescue go? Congrats on making it to onderland, I’m sorry it’s come from being so sick but I hope it sticks for you, glad you’re finally mending.

@Cornanda - How was the Van Gogh exhibit? Did they have the sunflower thing I’ve seen online? I want to take my sister bc she loves sunflowers.

@gemwolf110 - great progress on everything!

@txcritterd69 - I’m so sorry your sad. I understand that state of mind.

@laurelfit57 - Vanny looked like she belonged on the cover of a doggie romance novel 😂 briefly so it sounds.

@sleepygirl79 - I understand being too busy, sorry your kids didn’t appreciate your cooking, yay for running and you made me laugh out loud about the mosquito, I’ve inhaled my fair share of gnats before!

@PaulyJoMomma - thank you for your service! Starting slow is great!!! Can’t wait to cheer you on!

@DJill68 - hope your garden turns out well, those flowers are gorgeous!!! I like those shoes and hope your steps pick up! I’m so jealous of your paradise pasture and I’m evening jealous you get to mow that! I love mowing!!!

Thank you @micaroo4, @Katmary71, @Cornanda, @AmbersWay, & @trooworld for wishing me a happy birthday and Kris I loved your hiking/birthday post so much I saved it and shared it to FB!

MFP has been kicking me out the few times I’ve tried logging in this week, finally remembered to try the browser and I’m good.

My birthday was a bust. I was stressing over trying to get my daughter into a better vehicle and she wanted me to go to the dealership on Friday, I was miffed bc I wanted to sleep all that day and stay awake all 24 hrs of my birthday. With no luck at the dealership and only an hour and a half nap before work I had to go home and sleep a bit on Saturday. I set my alarm for noon and woke up to get beautiful for my photo shoot. My mom doesn’t turn on her a/c unless its an emergent situation, Saturday was our hottest day this year so far, even with 2 fans going my makeup was sweating off of me faster than I could get it on. I wanted my daughter to take us in her car bc she had the most room for the balloons and the best ac in a vehicle but she wasn’t charged up enough and I was running late to the Party store so we took my moms good truck or better truck I should say (the one I drive has no ac)…. hers overheated on the interstate, I was hurrying trying to get it going again and removed the cap too soon, my hand got scalded with boiling hot fluid that looked like a geyser shooting out as I tried to run away without getting completely drenched in sticky antifreeze….it was an easy fix but we had to sit in the heat melting more makeup off waiting on mom to show up and bring me the not so good truck. My only option was to ask my sons gf if her mom would rush and pick up my balloons for me before the store closed. She was so kind to do it! After we got driving I realized I wouldn’t beat the sunset for my pictures. I still wanted to find a well lit area and do some night pics but a storm was blowing in so I knew it would be a huge hassle with the balloons, they barely fit in my lil truck and made it impossible to get to my dress and stuff to get changed, I rented a room to make it a bit easier but before I got there I decided to just hold off on pictures until the next day. We waited for my son and his gf to show up so we could go out to eat before all the Restaurants closed and then I took them to a club that allowed 18 year olds in so I could have a drink or two and destress a bit. We had fun but there wasn’t as many people there as there usually is, I wanted my son to have a better experience his first time out. I didn’t get much sleep that night and everyone was wanting to go fishing the next day, more storms were on the horizon so I nixed the whole photoshoot idea altogether. We fished a bit but I was so sleepy. Once I got home I went straight to bed at like 3 pm and stayed there for about 30 hours. If I got up to use the restroom I also found some crap to eat and then went back to bed. Tried to go for a long walk so I wouldn’t fall into a depression and only managed 2 miles before going back to my sleep/eat routine until tuesday when we tried one more time to get out of the electric car but there’s no getting her out of that contract. She literally cannot go anywhere without stopping at a charging station. She’s not going to have much fun the next several months until she can build her credit up a bit more. I hate stressing over anything, my go to for a long time has been to avoid it and just go to sleep. I tried really hard not to let my failed birthday plans get me down, it was really hard pulling my dress, still in its garment bag out of the truck and hanging it up. I wasted so much money on everything including those balloons that didn’t even hold up through the night. I really really thought my family knew me well enough that they were going to throw me a big party this year. I felt I deserved it and I love my birthday so much. My daughter had made several comments that made me think she was doing a whole big surprise party but in the end she didn’t get me anything. Just before it all fell apart I found myself wishing I would have just taken off on another adventure. From now on that’s what I’ll do for my birthdays! Sunday is Mothers Day but I think I’m just going to run away, if I can get that stupid little truck to stay running long enough to get me anywhere….

Today I was ready to reset and get to work, eat better, and workout and somehow I slept until 4pm again, I did get in a brief arm workout but rushed to work without remembering food. It’s nurse appreciation week so they served us hamburgers and I ate crap again for one more day. I need to make a change so I’ll stop getting bummed and sleeping half of my days off away. I just realized tonight that I slept through and completely forgot my weigh in on Monday also. I’ll do that here in just a few hours if it still counts. I’m so sorry I spaced it. Also sorry for the downer post. If anyone wants to do the Stride Challenge, Apple Watch challenge, or a challenge here in the group let me know. I need a boost.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @DJill68 I *should* have dried my extra but I didn't, what a waste! I will next time. Yes, there is a difference between Thai and Italian basil. They look very different when you buy it in the store, Thai basil is purplish (although the stuff I grew didn't look different). I got this from a website: In terms of taste, Thai basil smells like anise and has a more licorice smell with a slightly spicy taste. Sweet basil has the classic aroma that reminds you of pesto and has more of a clove like. re: your hydrangea, just beautiful! I love that the flower color is unpredictable. I did do something for myself: I read a book, which is a luxury i don't normally have during the week! What great weather you are having. I love zucchini. I really don't like zoodles (I'm more of a hearts of palm pasta or whole wheat pasta gal) but I do have some recipes that are supposed to be good:
    Zucchini Noodles with Lemon-Garlic Spicy Shrimp - https://www.skinnytaste.com/zucchini-noodles-zoodles-with-lemon/
    Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles For Two - https://www.skinnytaste.com/kung-pao-chicken-zoodles-for-two/

@DJill68 Sorry about the migraine, I hope it gets better. What beautiful pictures!

@txcritter69 Gosh, that sounds like a good idea but I probably couldn't use it in our condo (it would disturb the neighbors lol). But they haven't been fighting the past two days, we've been stopping them when they are getting amped up. I'm glad things are better. Hang in there! <3

@Bemybestby60 We are a chatty bunch. Just read as much or as little as you like! I hope that helps. Congrats on the loss!

@FushiaKat Those chocolates look yummy.

@gemwolf110 Good job with the walking, no ice cream, and no soda!

@sleepygirl79 LOL! Good job with the run!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Oh gosh, I hope they get the micro current machine back to you quickly. I hope Bill comes around about talking to a friend or family member. Please don't feel guilty, your health won't allow it and money is also a good reason!

@AmbersWay Thank you! Rest is important, I hope you get some. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better.

@shuanarlr83 Yeah, it's pretty cool to see the seals playing in the ocean! I would love to see the sea lions. The zoo is an awesome way to get in exercise! Thanks lol, yes I was drained and those dogs were part of it emotionally and physically. I'm sorry your birthday was a bust, so you weren't able to return the car? That sucks so much. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry about your hand and just how the day went! :( It sounds like you needed that sleep. My birthday last year was a big disappointment, too. I know how that is. I hope Mother's Day is better! HUGS!!! <3<3<3

Hi all. I took a nap while waiting on my friend and I also read a bit. I'm reading "Carrie" by Stephen King. I saw the movie of course, but the book is more detailed about Carrie's inner thoughts etc. and is very good so far. Have a great day!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 123.5
    CW: 123.1
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Username: tfelts147
    Check-in: Thursday
    PW: 225.2
    CW: 227.6

+2.4 ugh....

Not the results I was hoping for this week...I had a couple days of junk food and snacking...I need to find something to get myself motivated!!

Better luck this coming week....
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 - sorry your birthday didn't end up the way you wanted! I hope things get better. I may need to look into the couch to 5k app. I had a gain this week and need to find something to get me motivated!!
  • gemwolf110
    Options

19shmoo69 - glad your wife is doing a bit better, your caffeinated life pictures are still great and I loved your IF advice! 😂

tfelts147 - the truck is not to run lol my “jogging” was barely faster than my walk when I started, I actually find it easier to breathe and pace myself while jogging than I do walking once I’ve settled in. The pace and distance can increase quite a bit once you get started. I used to use the Couch to 5k app and still recommend it to anyone wanting to start running. It’s starts you off with short intervals. It’s really easy to follow and helps you build up endurance super quick! Unfortunately we did NoT get her out of the stupid car.

@Katmary71 - I hate that Bill is still having so many issues. My heart goes out to you both and I love that picture of y’all. I’m happy you’re getting better and sorry about that tooth.

@trooworld - I’ll always remember the first time I got to see sea lions and then later seals playing in the ocean! West Coast is hands down the best coast 🤩 and I love the zoo!!! I’ve started venturing out to the surrounding states zoos bc the OKC zoo became so familiar it was almost boring lol! I hate that the dogs are fighting and you got caught in the cross fire and that you were left drained after donating blood, no pun intended.

@micaroo4 - I’m sorry Rich got bad news.

@AmbersWay - how did the kitten rescue go? Congrats on making it to onderland, I’m sorry it’s come from being so sick but I hope it sticks for you, glad you’re finally mending.

@Cornanda - How was the Van Gogh exhibit? Did they have the sunflower thing I’ve seen online? I want to take my sister bc she loves sunflowers.

@gemwolf110 - great progress on everything!

@txcritterd69 - I’m so sorry your sad. I understand that state of mind.

@laurelfit57 - Vanny looked like she belonged on the cover of a doggie romance novel 😂 briefly so it sounds.

@sleepygirl79 - I understand being too busy, sorry your kids didn’t appreciate your cooking, yay for running and you made me laugh out loud about the mosquito, I’ve inhaled my fair share of gnats before!

@PaulyJoMomma - thank you for your service! Starting slow is great!!! Can’t wait to cheer you on!

@DJill68 - hope your garden turns out well, those flowers are gorgeous!!! I like those shoes and hope your steps pick up! I’m so jealous of your paradise pasture and I’m evening jealous you get to mow that! I love mowing!!!

Thank you @micaroo4, @Katmary71, @Cornanda, @AmbersWay, & @trooworld for wishing me a happy birthday and Kris I loved your hiking/birthday post so much I saved it and shared it to FB!

MFP has been kicking me out the few times I’ve tried logging in this week, finally remembered to try the browser and I’m good.

My birthday was a bust. I was stressing over trying to get my daughter into a better vehicle and she wanted me to go to the dealership on Friday, I was miffed bc I wanted to sleep all that day and stay awake all 24 hrs of my birthday. With no luck at the dealership and only an hour and a half nap before work I had to go home and sleep a bit on Saturday. I set my alarm for noon and woke up to get beautiful for my photo shoot. My mom doesn’t turn on her a/c unless its an emergent situation, Saturday was our hottest day this year so far, even with 2 fans going my makeup was sweating off of me faster than I could get it on. I wanted my daughter to take us in her car bc she had the most room for the balloons and the best ac in a vehicle but she wasn’t charged up enough and I was running late to the Party store so we took my moms good truck or better truck I should say (the one I drive has no ac)…. hers overheated on the interstate, I was hurrying trying to get it going again and removed the cap too soon, my hand got scalded with boiling hot fluid that looked like a geyser shooting out as I tried to run away without getting completely drenched in sticky antifreeze….it was an easy fix but we had to sit in the heat melting more makeup off waiting on mom to show up and bring me the not so good truck. My only option was to ask my sons gf if her mom would rush and pick up my balloons for me before the store closed. She was so kind to do it! After we got driving I realized I wouldn’t beat the sunset for my pictures. I still wanted to find a well lit area and do some night pics but a storm was blowing in so I knew it would be a huge hassle with the balloons, they barely fit in my lil truck and made it impossible to get to my dress and stuff to get changed, I rented a room to make it a bit easier but before I got there I decided to just hold off on pictures until the next day. We waited for my son and his gf to show up so we could go out to eat before all the Restaurants closed and then I took them to a club that allowed 18 year olds in so I could have a drink or two and destress a bit. We had fun but there wasn’t as many people there as there usually is, I wanted my son to have a better experience his first time out. I didn’t get much sleep that night and everyone was wanting to go fishing the next day, more storms were on the horizon so I nixed the whole photoshoot idea altogether. We fished a bit but I was so sleepy. Once I got home I went straight to bed at like 3 pm and stayed there for about 30 hours. If I got up to use the restroom I also found some crap to eat and then went back to bed. Tried to go for a long walk so I wouldn’t fall into a depression and only managed 2 miles before going back to my sleep/eat routine until tuesday when we tried one more time to get out of the electric car but there’s no getting her out of that contract. She literally cannot go anywhere without stopping at a charging station. She’s not going to have much fun the next several months until she can build her credit up a bit more. I hate stressing over anything, my go to for a long time has been to avoid it and just go to sleep. I tried really hard not to let my failed birthday plans get me down, it was really hard pulling my dress, still in its garment bag out of the truck and hanging it up. I wasted so much money on everything including those balloons that didn’t even hold up through the night. I really really thought my family knew me well enough that they were going to throw me a big party this year. I felt I deserved it and I love my birthday so much. My daughter had made several comments that made me think she was doing a whole big surprise party but in the end she didn’t get me anything. Just before it all fell apart I found myself wishing I would have just taken off on another adventure. From now on that’s what I’ll do for my birthdays! Sunday is Mothers Day but I think I’m just going to run away, if I can get that stupid little truck to stay running long enough to get me anywhere….

Today I was ready to reset and get to work, eat better, and workout and somehow I slept until 4pm again, I did get in a brief arm workout but rushed to work without remembering food. It’s nurse appreciation week so they served us hamburgers and I ate crap again for one more day. I need to make a change so I’ll stop getting bummed and sleeping half of my days off away. I just realized tonight that I slept through and completely forgot my weigh in on Monday also. I’ll do that here in just a few hours if it still counts. I’m so sorry I spaced it. Also sorry for the downer post. If anyone wants to do the Stride Challenge, Apple Watch challenge, or a challenge here in the group let me know. I need a boost.

Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry that it didn’t go as planned :-(
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input regarding fasting. I’m on the fence about it myself and am not sure I actually have the strength to do it. Lol. I’m afraid it would end up with me getting so hungry that I’d end up binge eating. I am losing inches faster than I am weight and I have to be happy with that. I’d rather have faster loses though.

Today is going well. Nice and sunny here and I’m going to get my steps in. I’m working now but wanted to say thanks to everyone on here. You guys keep me going!
This discussion has been closed.