Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Last night didn't get much sleep. Was able to walk with minimal pain this morning but it just kept getting worse. Didn't go to TOPS which also means no weigh-in. Will try to weigh on Saturday but will have to see if I can stand on the scale. Was in emerge for 6 hrs to find out the good and bad news. Good news......no broken bones. Bad news.....bad sprain. Not sure I should use crutches with whatever the shoulder issue is. Referred to physio for my ankle but can't get in till May 12. Also physio won't do more than one body part at a time so have to chose between shoulder and ankle. I think I will be choosing my ankle first and just do the exercises the doctor gave me for now. Can't do all of them as I can't put full weight on my right foot. Talk about making it complicated. If anyone has done physio for there ankle and can suggest some exercises I might be able to do please share. I don't want to wait to be moving it until then. Dentist appointment was cancelled until further notice and getting my ultrasound and x-rays on my shoulder tomorrow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you all for your support and advice. I did some research as I remembered reading something in a book about an ankle sprain. What I found cam from a respectable health site. Starting rehab within the first 72 hrs is important. It also had some exercises to do. I did some before bed as well as followed doctors instructions for icing and elevation. This morning it felt much better. Lucky since I had to do a bit of walking with crutches today. Waiting for results for my shoulder and got my taxes sorted out and done. Also completed my Son's taxes for him. Tonight my toes feel stiff so working on wiggling them on and off.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Decided to sleep in and rest my foot more. But it's feeling better for the most part. Also managed to get 2 loads of dishes done. Also doing movement with my foot and shoulder on and off but not enough to count as actual exercise.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Even the combined exercise yesterday didn't equal 10 minutes. But that's ok. I do what I can. Today I got some walking with crutches running errands. Also did a little movement with shoulder and foot.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I have been MIA for days. Sunday went out for dinner with family for my brother and brother-in-law's birthday. Not sure why we have started doing this but ok. Monday ran a couple errands and had lunch out. Tuesday went to TOPS and weighed in. Gained 3.25 lbs in 2 weeks. Not as bad as it could have been. My ankle is sore every day unless I am laying down. My shoulder hurts when I move it certain ways. Did get 2 loads of dishes washed. Tomorrow is the dentist for a filling I had to cancel last week and Friday is a phone consultation with my doctor about my shoulder results.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

For those that didn't catch it, last Monday night I sprained my ankle just before getting off the bus. Not sure how I hurt my shoulder but will find out tomorrow if anything major is wrong. My ankle is better today but will see tomorrow how it feels. I spent most of the morning resting my foot in bed. This afternoon had two fillings done, and went grocery shopping. Tomorrow going to my friends to celebrate Cinco de Mayo so probably won't be checking in.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was great even though I couldn't dance. Got to see lots of great friends. Had lots of great food as always.

Today I rested my ankle. Then got up and mowed the front lawn. I don't normally wrap my foot as it makes it painful. But did wrap it to do the lawn and stepped carefully. My ankle is not happy now but things need to get done. Will do some ankle exercises before bed then ice it.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Cs, I sure hope you get the necessary treatment to get better! Sprains are no fun.

Frugal, I hope things have calmed down between your roommates. Best not to get involved if you can.

Well, I microwaved my lean cuisine gluten free balance bowl. It was roasted potatoes, turkey, a little gravy, green beans and a few cranberries. It was delicious, and it only had 23 net carbs. I started to look at similar bowls, but they had 50 carbs!

I sure hope they do more gluten free lower carb ones. Most of the ppl in the US are diabetic or prediabetic, and a lot just don't know it yet. One's insulin level will raise, sometimes for many years, before it starts to affect the blood glucose. I wish I had known. Docs need to test the hormone insulin some more.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a relaxing day. Church followed by fellowship. Also did a little light work in the flower bed and played cards with Hubby.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Got dishes and laundry done. Also played cards with Hubby. Ankle is a little sore tonight so am glad I have rested it today. Tomorrow is TOPS and the dentist for another filling.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Howdy folks!

Today was weird. I fell asleep reading a great graphic novel and missed out on walking outside.

I did, however, made a great breakfast , eggs and bagel, and a nice lunch, salad with feta, nuts, apple dressing. Dinner was leftover shells pasta with a homemade chicken sauce.

I got some laundry done today, along with bathing one dog. The other two dogs got big time lovies! Little Lou loves to sit on my chest. He's only 7 pounds. I try to train him to sit on my stomach instead. Marty, a larger dog, plasters himself alongside my body for his lovies.

My motivation to do things is low. Hope to get some pep in my step soon.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Becca sounds like a great day!

Today was a good day. Went to TOPS and had a small gain. With all that has been going on I think I did ok. Walked to and from the dentist. The farthest I have walked let alone with out crutches. Feeling it now but rest, movement and ice will help it feel better and continue to heal. Got my physio reminder for Friday. Yesterday got my exam back. Completely forgot all about it lol. I got perfect on it. Haven't been studying as it's just not comfortable to sit at my desk and can't study lying down. Oh well.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another beautiful day. Got the back lawn mower just have to finish the weed whacking tomorrow. Also have to walk to the bank tomorrow. I will get all water in today. Also got some laundry done as well.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a beautiful summer like day. Finished the weed whacking because last night they said it was going to rain on Friday till I think it was Tuesday. I know to expect it to change but not to the point where the only rain is Friday evening now. But I will wait and see what happens. Just means more laundry done. We've almost got it caught up. I also went for a walk to run some errands. Tomorrow morning is physio. With how my ankle is doing with what I have been doing at home I think I will work on my shoulder instead. I need to be able to use it without pain. My Son is coming tomorrow to spend the weekend. I believe he will be going home after his orthodontic appointment early Monday morning.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I took a look at my body earlier after taking a shower and could not believe what I had seen. I know that I am obese, but not that obese.

My plan? I have just got to exercise more. I mean really more. Kindly do not preach to me about what I need to do. Eat less. Exercise more. As I work as a chief writer from home, my life has become quite sedentary. I lose track of the moments of the day.

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Frugal - I will not preach to you as I know you know what you need to do. But I will pass on a tip that's been given to me many times as a reminder. My tip is set an alarm or timer to remind you to get up and move. Use the tip or not it's your choice. Just thought I'd share it.

It's been crazy around here since my Son showed up on Friday last week. There's been parties at my friend's (for fun and of course for my Hubby's bday). Saturday spent the afternoon trying to get my Son in a walk-in clinic. Didn't work. Sunday went to Church and spent the rest of the day with Son at a walk-in clinic for his toe. Monday morning was the orthodontist for Son. It was an hour or more. Tuesday was TOPS and I lost 4.5 lbs! Also had to take Son to orthodontist for continuation of previous day. Also did weeding and waited for my Tupperware order to be delivered. Grabbed a quick bite and left for my fair board meeting. Wednesday ran errands and celebrated Hubby's bday. Thursday morning was physio for my shoulder. It was feeling much better till after the new exercise was added. Spent the rest of the day sleep and reading as I wasn't feeling well. Today I slept on and off till 11 am not feeling well. But better than yesterday. Shoulder is still in a lot of pain so not doing my exercises until tomorrow. My ankle is at about 90% healed. Looking forward to doing my morning walks again once my stomach feels better.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has be a good day. Did sleep in. Then got up and did some dishes and had lunch. Also played cards and did my shoulder physio. The new exercise did cause a bit of pain but is expected as it is a direction my shoulder doesn't care to go but is slowly improving.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    CS: wtg on your weight loss! I'm glad your shoulder is improving, that your ankle is almost healed, and hope that you feel better soon. It's a good tip to set an alarm to move. If I don't move some each hour, my whole body freezes up and I can barely walk!

Frugal: I need to exercise more too. My recumbent bike is underneath some stuff. I guess my exercise begins with cleaning out that room.

I put a whole chicken in the crock pot with some herbs, and it was delish served with a side of cauliflower. The next day, I stripped the meat off the bones and made a low carb chicken tofu ginger soup. Walmart sold me an enormous hen!

Sending hugs! Enjoy your Sunday!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day. Went to Church and fellowship afterwards. After getting home I went for my walk at the river. Felt great to walk there again. Also seen a family with 7 baby Canadian geese. Got some dishes done and laundry hung. Also went to friends to hangout for a few hours.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Didn't make it in yesterday as I was at my friend's for a Victoria day BBQ if drunken chicken and macaroni salad. It was an awesome time as always.

Today went to TOPS. Down 1.75 lbs this week. That's a loss 2 weeks in a row. I am determined to do it again next week. Also went to my friends again and hung out and had dinner. Now watching the voices finally and Blake's that season.