Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @tfelts147 - I love that!!! Update us on your progress please! If you walked a 5k in less than an hour you’ll be running one easy!!! I used to be the slowest walker 😂 now I can pick the pace when I need to but it’s never really great bc I stop for so many pictures!!!

@AmbersWay - can you create a challenge? I’ve never done that. I noticed a week or so ago that I was somehow completely logged out of Stridekick but I’m pretty sure I’m logged back in now.

@19shmoo69 - I really thought I was looking at a spam topped casserole before I read your description 😂 it made me so hungry and then @vegan4lyfe2012 starts talking about vegan spam 🤣 I am however very intrigued by the cheddar topped apple pie, I’m going to have to try that out!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - love those family pics!!! You look like you’re really happy!!! ♥️♥️♥️

@Katmary71 - not at all really but it’s okay! My next thing to celebrate isn't until July so I’ll have time to forget that nothing ever goes my way, hope for too much, and be disappointed all over again! 😂😂😂😂

Short week at work and it’s almost over. Was supposed to pick my sons car up from the mechanic by today but a). I don’t have the money right now and b). They aren’t done with it anyway. I’m not stressing at all. I never stress until I have to stress, my mom however is losing her mind 🫣 her spare truck I was driving broke down Wednesday. She’s figuring things out though. I’ve realized fixing my daughters SUV won’t be as big of a deal as I first thought so that’s what I’m going to do for myself. It was completely in my name anyways. It will take a month or two to gather and swap parts but it will get there and I’ll have an ideal camping vehicle to run away and explore more places!!! I think I’m going to work on planning a solo overnight hike somewhere that I’ve wanted to do for awhile.

Not sure if my Kansas plans will work out for June or not but I like to keep hope alive until it’s positively hopeless. 😂😂😂

I’m looking into picking up a second job until I can get ahead of things a bit more. Don’t want to spend all my time working though.

I’m excited to get back to lifting! My daughter is working a week on night shift so our schedules will be much more aligned for us to fit it in. She is at her biggest point ever and fed up and I am slowly approaching my year date from my highest weight ever. Really wanted some drastic before and afters to share but even though I’m not where I want to be I feel really good about where I am. I owe it all to this wonderful group!!!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 125.8
    CW: 126.2
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Whoa doggy this is a raging sinus infection! Fever, chills, aches…all the fun stuff! Probably moving down in my chest now. This is one of the worst I have ever had. It’s kicking my butt! I am staying in bed, quarantined in my room and miserable.
    Not hungry, still no taste or smell, but eating what I can. BF made me chicken soup last night and sausage and eggs this morning. Drinking as much as I can and taking my meds.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 217.4
    Todays Weight: 219.2

Not as good of a week as previous food and tracking wise. But did exercise every day. Bit bloated today boo 😒
  • micaroo4
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @DJill68 - Have you done a recent covid test?
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    The May Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, May 21st. Join us to sign your Nutrition Contract for this week's challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10890911/may-week-4-group-challenge-nutrition-contracts/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • DJill68
    Options
    @micaroo4 I took one Thursday, it was negative.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 226.5
    CW 225

Well today marks 25 hard earn pounds. I’m so happy about that.

CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Haha that’s too funny, that’s what I do with flare-ups too, forget how bad it was and push it again a couple months later. Sounds like your next boyfriend should be an auto mechanic with all the car issues going on with your family! Honestly your before and afters just of your smile are incredible then there’s the obvious physical difference, you’ve worked hard for where you are now so don’t forget it!

@tammymccrady6278 What an awesome loss, congratulations! You lost an average 2 year old child! OK that sounds bad, how about a 30 pack of beer?! Or a car tire or 5 bags of sugar! According to an arthritis website 10lbs = 30-40lbs less pressure per knee, that’s 75lbs less pressure on your knees minimum, how cool!

@DJill68 Oh no, that doesn’t sound good at all! Points to the boyfriend for cooking for you, I hope the meds start kicking in soon! I know it always seems to take a few days, if we felt good quarantining it would be like a vacation but the rest time is usually when we feel lousy. Good idea on the test @micaroo4 as I’m hearing a lot of people recently are sick with it and don’t test positive until near the end.

@gemwolf110 Great job with the exercise! If you’re still doing some of it the rest will fall into place, you got this.

Hi team! Been real tired all day, I’m trying to get the right balance of my new medication and sleeping pill. I take what equals 6 Benadryl to knock me out at night so that with a med that makes me tired is too much. I’ll only admit this to you all but I’m kind of grumpy. I went to the farm and am doing no leaning forward and only doing stuff right next to me gently then left early, I’d invited the neighbor who is volunteering at the farm over to take home extra plants and she stopped by and was real excited and asked me to come check out her garden, she has two beautiful cats as well. She just came by a few minutes ago and brought me the pots after she planted everything and roses from her yard in a vase and they smell amazing. I keep feeling like I'm back where I was when I was bedridden and isolated but I'm not really and I'm very grateful for my friends in this group and MFP and the new friends I've made around here as I don't think I could've handled this without all of you. I got the cats in for nail trims, they carried on loudly and another man came in after me (Petco where the rescue group shows cats) and his cat starting wailing in unison with mine, kind of embarrassing. I’m going on an adventure tomorrow about 35 miles away for a support group meeting. Can’t really complain about trouble driving when we all have severe pain right? We’re meeting at an ice cream shop so that should cheer us all up until the sugar kicks in and makes our pain worse. Hope you all have a great Sunday!

No Zero Days
    - Healthy food under calories aside of one thing
    - Did gentle weights and stretching plus some weed pulling.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 I think my stridekick signed me out, so I’ll get back in and figure that out. Sorry about all the car troubles. I’m always praying that mine continues to hold out. Since it’s paid off, I worry it’s going to croak on me. I’m with Katmary, you need a mechanic “friend” 😂

@DJill68 I hope you feel better soon. Make sure to drink plenty! I made that a priority and I think it helped. Broth/Soup was helpful. So glad your bf is taking care of you. That’s really nice.

@Katmary71 I can imagine the symphony of kitties. I think you have the right to be grumpy, it’s frustrating to have the ups and downs with health. I hope you pass through this in better spirits 🥰 Have a good trip to the group meeting. Ice cream shop sounds fun.

@laurelfit57 I hope the smoke has cleared and the air quality has improved.
    —-
    Today is supposed to be a busy day for me. I have plans to go see Fast X with my eldest tonight. I have the maintenance company coming tomorrow to do electrical work, plumbing, air conditioning cleaning and hanging large mirrors. Which means I have to have everything moved out of the way and tidied up. Which after 3 weeks of being down, the house needs some work. Lots of coffee on my schedule today.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @DJill68 - The reason I asked about the covid test is because my boyfriend didn't test positive until he'd been sick for a week. I didn't test positive until my 4th day of symptoms.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Username: davidji82
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 249.5
    CW: 251.3
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 170.4
    CW: 171
    😧
  • DJill68
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. Very rough night but this morning I am feeling a tiny bit better. Was actually able to blow my nose and get some of that pressure released. It was nasty! Sorry if TMI. My head feels like it will explode. I’ve lost 4.8 lbs this week. Hope it doesn’t come back once I feel better! I may do another Covid test today just so I know if I can come out of my room. I need to move around, and get some laundry going. I can just imagine what the rest of the house looks like! I can’t think about that now. No way am I up to cleaning. I don’t even know if I’m up to getting dressed yet. Ok, enough whining. I’m claiming that today will be my turn around day!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Great job with the walks with Diesel! I have a Samsung watch and love it. I hope you like it.

@DJill68 Congrats on the loss! I'm sorry you are still sick and sorry that you are getting attacked for feeding FIL healthy food. That's a shame.

@AmbersWay Thank you! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling your best. I love jewelry and would have loved that exhibition! Awww, the doggies!

@shaunarlr83 That's too bad about Mother's Day and the stress. I hope things get better.

@Katmary71 I'm getting more caught up, thanks. That's good news about your micro current machine. Sorry about Bill. I hope you can get the meds worked out so you aren't sleepy. It doesn't sound to me like you are back to where you were bedridden but it does sound like you are struggling a lot. I hope things get better for you. I think about you often. Good luck with the meeting. Hugs.

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I had such a busy day yesterday but it was awesome. Lots of steps in. I went for groceries, went to an art museum, the movies to see "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret?" (the book was a favorite when I was 12. I loved the movie, too!). Today, I am going to the zoo this morning with a friend that is moving.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 CONGRATS ON 25 LBS DOWN!!!

uq34ltl4xtfh.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

dpgnpzq1o96y.png
    4r8vnp2xvl3y.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    gjlqvbq8sxvn.png

By Pounds