Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @Bemybestby60 Great choice on after dinner munching!

@AmbersWay I’m sorry to hear about that headache, hoping it’s starting to go away. You got this, keep up the great work!

@trooworld That seems unfair you can’t hang out during the work party because you have too much work to do, I hope you’re able to hang out a bit longer than planned!

@DJill68 Prayers for your FIL, that sounds like an incredible meeting coming up in August! What’s Thrive, Thrive Market? Sorry if I sound stupid, I Googled it and a lot of different businesses came up.

@micaroo4 Way to go, two great exercises to pick!

Hi team! I did arm strength and stretching then went to the greenhouse and started a bunch of stuff (lettuce, sunflowers, watermelon, butternut squash, delicata squash, and cucumbers) then stopped at the farm to drop off the seeds, everything’s looking great there and a lot of squash and zucchini are ready to be harvested. Worked most of the day and did some mulching and caught up with a few people. I think for my July 4th challenge I’m going to focus on using proper body mechanics. Have a great Thursday!

No Zero Days
    - Healthy food under calories
    - Great water
    - Arm strength, stretching, greenhouse/gardening
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I hope you got your project in and had time to enjoy the party.

@DJill68 prayers for your Fil. Glad you’re doing better now.

@micaroo4 congrats on doing strength training. I started at 1 kg weights and giggled at the idea but they wore my arms out. Before this recent sickness I was up to 4kg. I may go back to 2 now and work my way back up. I’m cheering for you.

@Katmary71 you did amazing at the farm. Great calorie burn. I wanted to tell you I shared Sydney vids with friends, thank you again.
    —-
    I did WI in today to see how things are going. I’m down .4 and that was a surprise. I hope this is a good sign I may start losing again. It definitely gives me some pep.

Kids and furry family are all doing well. My son got a surprise award for being batch leader (his 3rd year) at a ceremony he attended. Thankfully one of my daughters friends is also in med at his uni and caught a video of it for us. I’m so proud of him. A FB memory popped up the other day of us discussing my health issues (botched surgery and the crisis that ensued) and he said, had that not happened he may not have chose medicine. I pray he takes everything he learned from caring for me, how I was mistreated and how I almost didn’t make it and uses it to be the best doctor ever. Ok I’m an emotional mess and will stop here. Thanks for reading. I’m just so proud of my children.

In other news, it’s getting hot and I’m meeting a new friend of a friend tomorrow and that should be great fun.

Have a great day everyone 💐
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    May 10 weigh-in was 186 lbs
    May 17 weigh-in is 187 lbs
    May 24 weigh-in is 193 lbs
    May 31 weigh-in is 187.5 lbs

A summary of my month of May. Gaining 5 lbs overnight is not unusual unfortunately losing 5lbs overnight is not so easy. I have always known my eating habits are governed by my emotions. I have to ask myself why and understand the triggers. blood pressure ✔️ ✅️ ☑️
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @DJill68 I'm glad you are feeling better. I've neve heard of Thrive...what is it? I'm sorry about the news of your FIL's cancer metastasizing. How exciting about the 1st son...I recently met family I connected through on Ancestry and it was amazing.

@Katmary71 Guess what? I got my project done in the morning and was able to hang out! That was both good and bad. More on that later. I'm glad things are going well for the farm. That sounds like a good focus for you.

@AmbersWay Thanks! Yay for a loss! It's invigorating when you see a loss, isn't it? Congrats to your son! That's a silver lining out of the medical problems. Your children sound wonderful and you should be proud. I hope you have fun with your new friend!

@Cornanda I know how you feel. That's how I feel, too. I hope the challenge helps you. That's a great goal for the challenge.

@Bemybestby60 Congrats on the loss! Wow, that picture is pretty.

Hi all. I was able to finish my project by the time the party started so I enjoyed socializing and some nibbles. It was nice but cold and gray outside and the food was mostly summery foods: ice cream, Hawaiian shaved ice, and Nothing Bundt cakes. I didn't have the shaved ice but I had the other stuff. Day 2 of tracking everything.

4th of July challenge: tracked 100% of what I ate

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 122.4
    CW: 122.2
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    For the July challenge, I would like to go outside for at least 30 minutes per day. If left to my druthers I would just stay inside the house in my climate-controlled environment. Being outside is good for me and its good for the yard too.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say that if Byron doesn't make his exit by next Wednesday, Hunter is scheduled to be induced that evening :smile: WOOT WOOT!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    Hi team, love seeing all the new posts! I'm about to leave for a board meeting at Dairy Queen and wanted to drop in and say hi first. I did leg strength and stretching then had my permanent bridge put in and went to Trader Joe's. I had a meeting with the charity president that fell through but we still have the board meeting, I'll be over by about 500 calories but better than 1000 if I got fries and chicken strips too! I helped our vice president who is also the garden club vice president get a last-minute speaker, we have a group called The Petal Connection that grows (at the food bank farm) and makes bouquets and takes them to retirement homes and hospitals for people and the grower and I chat a lot at the farm, he's a horticulturalist and figured he'd be full of great flower advice for the garden club. I have said that's the coolest club I've ever been in, right? OK gotta get my stuff and run, have an awesome Friday if I don't drop back in later!

No Zero Days
    - great water
    - leg and ab strength, stretching, gardening
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @DJill68 sorry to hear about your FIL’s cancer. Though the family reunion sounds like something he would keep fighting for. That will be so exciting for him.
    @Cornanda I get what you say about getting your act together. I have days I’m doing well and other days I want to eat a bag of chips and wash it down with giant slurpee. Focus on what you are doing well and make small changes as you can.

Well last bday done for about a month or more. Sunday weigh in will be the truth, but I feel I was well behaved. Haven’t done any running for awhile. I had that cold this week-it’s still lingering in my chest now, and now we are in a heat wave. I am not too comfortable running in 30C/90F weather in my poor shape. It cooled down nicely tonight but it is too late to go now. Manitoba weather is so bipolar.
    Signed my oldest up for driver’s ed yesterday, but he won’t start until late fall. It’s a gong show to register around here so you have to be quick. I’m excited for him, but sad my oldest is growing up, which means I’m getting older too. I like to think of myself as one of the cooler moms though 😁. I can lay down the slang with the teens. Low-key no cap. I be bussin’. Haha!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Is there a June thread yet?
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 240
    CW: 240
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    This is pretty random, sorry if I missed some important news-

@DJill68 - sorry to hear about your FIL cancer

@laurelfit57 - I hope you feel better- that sounds yucky

@Katmary71 - that IS the coolest club ever. You keep on keeping on girl!

@DrewsAnna - thank you for the cuteness!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Yay! So exciting for you!

@sleepygirl79- Lol- your slang is funny. Hope you like white knuckles while you drive with him this fall.

I partially tracked several times this week- mostly giving up in frustration when I could not stay under my cals. Then I was very careful for two days- telling myself to wait a little longer before eating and amping up the veggies to keep myself full. Came in slightly under both days. Yeah! Getting back up to speed with exercising too. Now to hold things together over the weekend.

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Cornanda
    PW: 173.5
    CW: 173.7

+0.2
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:252.2
    CW:252.4
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,972 Member
    Options
    4th of July Challenge - did 10 squats last night, and 10 squats this morning. I might do more today, but at least I met the challenge.
    -Mica
This discussion has been closed.