Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    I still don't get cottage cheese! I found some dry cottage cheese once and it looked a bit more likely but the affair didn't last for more than a couple of "pots"
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I still don't get cottage cheese! I found some dry cottage cheese once and it looked a bit more likely but the affair didn't last for more than a couple of "pots"

I don’t “love” cottage cheese. It’s a convenience thing I keep in the fridge for quick protein. You can mix in veggies or fruit. Cheap and easy and less tart that Greek yogurt. I appreciate the slight textural thing too.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    I’m with you on that, Yooly. A great source of protein in no time flat. Lots of calcium toO!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Maybe @Dante_80 could verify if there really does exist a greek saying that contains no windex but says that "when it comes to food preferences... zucchini-pie!" i.e. to each their own! :wink: (Περί ορέξεως, κολοκυθόπιτα!)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hopefully food preferences don’t include a disinfecting spritz of windex! What is it with Greeks and windex anyway?

There was a time in the US when full fat cottage cheese with a side of sugary canned peaches on a bed of lettuce was considered a “diet plate” and offered in most restaurants. Probably more calories than a small burger!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I remember that… But you know I’m always surprised at how few calories there is in sugar… Not the sweet treats with lots of fat just the sugary ones
  • PAV8888
    Options
    No joke. Pure sugar cubes or ginger or other sugar crystals actually have remarkably few calories for the taste bud hit. Take Cavendish candy, for example as compared to a nice bar of chocolate
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Maybe @Dante_80 could verify if there really does exist a greek saying that contains no windex but says that "when it comes to food preferences... zucchini-pie!" i.e. to each their own! :wink: (Περί ορέξεως, κολοκυθόπιτα!)

Confirming. :D

Also, you should try out some katiki if you can find it over there..much tastier than cottage (not that cottage is bad per se)!

• PAV8888
    Options
    Would love to try it. But no. Never seen it. Let me re-phrase that... had never seen or heard of it (period) :heartbreak:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Google says you can substitute soft feta mixed with Greek yogurt for Katiki. Worth a try?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That sounds pretty interesting!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Tuna - lots of tuna salad. Because it’s easy to make, cold and keeps in the fridge. Not in the mood for creativity lately.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    veggies and ice cream? but i probably should lose the (nestle) drumsticks and move more towards "fruit ice" or "greek yogurt" bars... at 280 to 310 a pop the drumsticks multiply way faster than the 60 to 100 Cal a pop mango, banana, black cherry contingent!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Can’t have ice cream around unless hubby eats most of it. Certainly not the individual portion kind like cups or sticks. Because one would not suffice.
    I need to go to the bother of scooping and measuring. Reaching in the freezer and just grabbing ice cream to go .......
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well it was 15% off first Tuesday of the month yesterday.... Got 20x 750g bags of veggies ✅ and 6x4=24 = 7500 Cal Nestle drumsticks🙈
    92noth24m9xb.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Noooooooooooo!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That looks some dangerous PAV 😳

Somehow I’ve been doing not badly just eating “intuitively “ lately. Pretty sure I’ve been running at a deficit most days. It’s been a bit funny trying to fit in my daily dose of smoothie and green soup. I’m just not that hungry And more strangely not really craving. My son runs to Tim Hortons and gets coffee and cookies for his breakfast every morning only a couple times have I asked him to pick me up something. I’ve been averaging between 500 and thousand steps a day. I can’t even conceive of moving that little, but I am.

Yesterday I had this amazing veggie burger from a fancy burger joint and that was such a great treat!

• PAV8888
    Options
    How is the Laurie repair project... projecting?

I can't even conceive what might be dangerous about my little buggie... maybe you're concerned for the bunnies Laurie?

I SHOULD have bought more veggies but I was shopping late and they had already run out of the "dual purpose" butternut which I cleaned out... and their other mixes some I like and some not as much. Then again their 15% is only $0.10 per bag better than their "normal" sale for the veggies.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    The Laurie repair project had me wanting to add Southern comfort to my tea first thing in the morning. Some bargain enjoying friends who don’t drink themselves always buy me little bottles of alcohol from the duty-free shop when they return from travels. Yesterday they brought a little bottle that was tempting me mightily 😁

I’ve been coming up against endless healthcare system post Covid glitches lately but I’m trying not to think too much about it or get agitated because I have to stay calm and quiet to make sure my retina attaches. But I tell you it feels like there are some really big cracks in the system.

That feeling is being magnified by my inability to exercise at all and very compromised vision. Both of those are a great way to ramp up anxiety and overthinking.

Maybe that’s why those boxes of drumsticks looked so dangerous to me 🤣😂

• Yoolypr
    Options
    No - no alcohol until the retina is secure. If if it’s any comfort, medical care on this side of the border is equally messed up post covid. Lots of personnel shortages and waiting for appointments.
    It will all sort itself out. Patience.